2015 Mustang to gain 300lbs.!?!

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
When I did the 01 cobra running gear swap to my 91 , I gained 400 pounds.
The irs , and 3650 trans were the extra weight.

LS2GTO

Established Member
It's inevitable that it's going to gain weight, especially with the higher safety standards mandated and the new suspension etc.

Might not be 300, but it will be significant. And certainly will not be 300 less than the current gen.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
That will suck. I don't get it. They leave so much performance and fuel economy on the table by adding the weight, yet they keep making cars bigger so they have "more room." Who needs room?!

you do know this is America right?

F We will also be coming out with a Gundam edition mustang to compete with the Transformer Camaro's.[/B][/I]

I would buy that

matt87

Established Member
rumor mill churning out bs as usual. i got a nice shiny bridge to sell you too.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Not a big deal, put a blower on it, tubular suspension, light weight wheels, solid axle swap and done.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
If it gains weight, 'Just add more power'! Isnt a very effective solution. Especially when it comes to turning, braking, or basically anything other than trying to get it faster in a straight line.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I dont trust steeda. 200-300lbs is a big range which is it? Why not say that our mustang weighs in at ....(lets say 3800lbs)? I think its because they dont really know. Also they said it will be tough increasing performance, which is really Fords job and all steeda is fine tuning. I find it hard to believe that Ford would bring a new everything mustang to market which does not destroy the old mustang and camaro on the strip and track.
Ford is not building a grand tourismo, its building a sports car with increased performance at every stat. No way would Ford stand still or back track on performance!
They are building a pony car, not a sports car.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I'd bet $500 that the car will not gain 300 pounds. Anyone wanna take it?

If that is anywhere near the truth it will make my already bad feelings about the new Mustang that much more worse.

I don't know the average weight for European cars but if the Mustang is a fat turd then I don't see how it will sell well on the international market.

Last edited:

broncobob

Established Member
If it gains significant weight, ford is going to start doing aluminum body panels like they are doing on the 2015 F-150. Does the new mustang have extensive aluminum? If not, I bet it's around the corner and to me that's worth waiting for. If it doesn't gain significant weight, then that's besides the point.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
But, but, its supposed to lose ~200 pounds.

LMAO if this turns out to be true!

71catruck

Established Member
Even if it weighs more aerodynamics have more of an affect on mpg than weight or drivetrain loss at freeway speeds anyways. The rearend will weigh more which is good for weight distribution and under braking will help understeer. And even if it weighs more it will still handle better because of the irs and I believe it's getting a multi balljoint front upper a-arm. If I'm wrong correct me.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I still like this qoute....
Um, keep in mind that the ZL1 was 8 months past it's introduction before GM started throwing around specs. GT500 is 2 months out and Al O wants to get lippy about numbers getting released? Give me a ****ing break. You'll get your numbers in time Al, and you can hike your Wal-mart Lee jeans even farther up your douchebag ass when SVT lets go.

Relax on the GT numbers people. They will come.

Users who are viewing this thread