2014 GT Handeling Woes

vicnkathy

Established Member
Quote:
Wow, what a bunch of a**holes!! Ok, first off I did drive a brembo car, same crap plow into a corner and roll over handling. As far as cheaping out, I paid $32,000 CASH for my 14GT, plus tax and dmv fees. As in NO BANK LOAN. Cheaped out....I don't think so.

Actually, you are the one acting like a typical internet-tough-guy ahole. Stop leg-humping your old GTO on a Ford site while bashing your new Mustang for being far inferior. Then you might get serious response.

Quote:
found a good answer over at allfordmustangs...

So stay over there and stop spreading your bad intel around here. Or, ever better, share your theories over at the corner carver site (corner-carvers.com) as I'm sure they would appreciate your new knowledge.

Have you tracked a car before, autox, anything? Odds are you're just not used to the car yet. Even better odds are it's a better handing car than you are driver.

For the sake of others looking for actual useful info the car does not need a torque arm to handle. And since we're posting Griggs leg-humping info as well I wouldn't recommend running around with his stuff on the street. It's designed primarily for racing, not street use. As such it will likely result in a noisy, stiff, street car. Not to mention the thousands of dollars worth of parts necessary for your complete overkill of a suspension fix. Griggs (and others) built their torque-arm setup to fix the old Fox-body disaster of a rear suspension, not the current setup.

Hmm...interesting. I ask for help, given sarcasm and nasty bullsh**, I call the select few out on it and I'm the internet tough guy? LOLOL Your a joke. I will still ask for help, and stay here if I choose to and I do. As far as racing, I've been going to Englishtown probably when you were still in diapers. Also I have stated several times I like my mustang and it just handles like crap. Windsor NJ hugh, perhaps we can meet up one weds. night when I'm doing time shots and compare notes. You can share your vast experience with S197 chassis dynamics, what works and don't and I could buy you a hocky puck burger they have there. A tough guy, no, but I'm an ex marine, a dad, work 6 days a week and work hard for my family and my toys. I have no idea how to get this car to handle right, and like taking turns more these days then drag racing. A drag set up I could do, carving a windy road is another story. My gto did all that very well as much as that bothers you, to bad.

vicnkathy

Established Member
I guess it's easy to pick fights then to actually help someone out. I wonder what the age is over here? Baseball hat pants around there knees crowd, still living off of mommy and daddy? Sure sounds like it.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Your GTO must have been a magical GTO, I have both in the garage right now 3 ft from each other, handling is similiar and the Mustang actually rides better.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Koni Yellows, your spring of choice, and some 19x9/19x10s with 255/285 tires and you'll be much more pleased with the car.

I agree these cars handle like crap from the factory, no doubt about that. If you wanted to buy one that would handle well, you should have bought the Boss.

Here's some food for thought. I see complete 2014 GT Track Pack take-off suspension packages for sale all the time here for a very low price. It would be a lot of work, but for less than $300 you could have that suspension on the car.

Or, for around $1100, you could get the aforementioned suspension goodies and really push the corners.

At the end of the day, it's your car and you need to make it your own. You shouldn't buy a mustang for what it is on the showroom floor, you should buy one for what you envision it to be after you put your own flavor on it. My good buddy taught me that and it is a lesson I've taken to heart.

Good luck with your search for more lateral G's

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Also, what setting is your steering set to? There is a substantial difference in comfort and sport, that is for sure. There's a lot less slop in sport mode and it requires more driver input.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok here is your list, you will have to research the brands compared to each other!

(1) springs lowered 1.25 to 1.5 inches max.
(2) struts and shocks, adjustable ones are best.
(3) heavy duty strut mounts, Steeda mounts are best.
(4) lca's ,a uca with mount and adjustable panhard bar.
(5) adjustable front and rear sway bars
(6) relocation brackets.

Then set the correct pinion angle and that should get you there!

MoonRider

Established Member
My only addition so far was a set of track pack rims and tires. It helped marginally going from a 235/50 to a 255/40 tire.

Wow, what a bunch of a**holes!! Ok, first off I did drive a brembo car

You sure you have a brembo car cause mine had 255s from factory

Also I would get coilovers more adjustable.imo

Last edited:

Saltydawg

Established Member
^ i wasn't trying to be a dick, but saying that boat of a GTO had world class handling is laughable at best.

Oh,I agree with you! The technology between the two is comparable apples to oranges. In my opinion you need to look at the whole picture. Wheel base, weight distribution, spring rates, etc. A good handling car will let you pitch the weight where you want it while entering a corner. The average consumer decides if its a good handling car while going fast around town. That is a closed minded way to look at things. IMO.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
OP needs to learn how to drive, i drove on stock springs for 2.5 years, 2 years in my 2011 and 6 months on my 2013, after lowering it with just k springs its down right sick in turns and carves wonderfully. BTW the GTO is an ok car but seriously that car blew huge donkey calls in the corner, to say that a brembo car is over steering just proves you know lamens terms but again are pushing a STOCK CAR TOO FAR!

Last edited:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
OP needs to learn how to drive, i drove on stock springs for 2.5 years, 2 years in my 2011 and 6 months on my 2013, after lowering it with just k springs its down right sick in truns

I hear ya! I was taking down evo's and sti's at the autocross last year, and im not even a brembo car!

OP, you have to drive each car differently. Learn to drive this one before you change anything. You will appreciate your mods much more.

kingnut

Established Member
lol vic i should have told you that you would be receiving alot of these responses. alot of people on here get salty when you talk bad about the 5.0. truth is the stock suspension even with the track pack is below average. the car has to much "float" for me in stock form. but nothing some coilovers and a watts link shouldnt fix.

attz0r

On a quest
Established Member
Get a good set of tires and lowering springs to start, makes all the difference. If you can afford 32k cash, you can afford 2k for a set of pilot super sports, bridgestone re-11's or something comparable. I autocross in my car with just springs and a really good tire and run the same times as c6 vettes, and my car doesn't oversteer at all.

vicnkathy

Established Member
Thanks I am starting to get the idea of what to do. I spoke to Gus at Steeda as well and he gave me the same laundry list as blackbeast12 did.
I had no idea about electronic sport steering setting. I will try it on the way home tonight. Again, it's my first Mustang. Love the car. I would have went for a boss, but college is 2 years away for my son haha.

Users who are viewing this thread