2014 GT Handeling Woes

vicnkathy

Established Member
My 2014 gt handles terrible. It plows into turns, feels floaty, and does not inspire any confidence taking a turn. I come from a 2006 GTO that handled like a true world class car. This is my first Ford, please help!!
My goals are to not have a 4x4 look, keep a comfortable ride, not boy racer bouncy ride, and take a turn without feeling like I'm going to roll over.
My only addition so far was a set of track pack rims and tires. It helped marginally going from a 235/50 to a 255/40 tire. But there is still room for major improvement. There is a kit from BBR form$325 with frpp springs, shocks and struts......thoughts, experience???

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I bought a suspension package the same day I bought the car. gotta pay to play.

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
track pack tires are garbage. look into a set of springs, adjustable panhard bar, and camber bolts. about 400 installed. as for the BBR kit they would be great you just need GT500 strut mounts to install them.

5.0_SD

Established Member
Research research and when you think you found it, research more. I've been researching for a long long time and I still don't even have the car yet. From what you state, get you some springs(Steeda, H&R, whatever) and some decent dampeners (Koni's or Tockiko), maybe some lca's, adjustable PH bar to recenter the rear, and some good tires and you'll be set. For me, I'm going waaaaaay deeper than that.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Strut removal mod! Easy to do, remove struts and just set the car on springs only. Struts are over-rated! :rockon:

Pics and vids afterwards!:D

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
I will tell you tires alone will make a huge improvement. My '11 is on stock suspension and I recently went from the crap stock track pack 255s to some Hankook Ventus V12s 275/35/19 front and 275/40/19 rear. Made all the difference in the world.

Don't get me wrong, it's still stock so I'll be dropping it with Eibach Sportlines, Strange 10-ways, UCA/LCA/PHB/Relos soon but the tires helped me at least feel comfortable/consistent in the turns

Sent from TapaTwat

kingnut

Established Member
OP i have to agree the new GT handles like shit in stock form. it really doesnt give you confidence to drive it like you stole it. a good suspension should do the trick. thats what i will be doing.

sa_gto

Established Member
My 2014 gt handles terrible. It plows into turns, feels floaty, and does not inspire any confidence taking a turn. I come from a 2006 GTO that handled like a true world class car. This is my first Ford, please help!!
My goals are to not have a 4x4 look, keep a comfortable ride, not boy racer bouncy ride, and take a turn without feeling like I'm going to roll over.
My only addition so far was a set of track pack rims and tires. It helped marginally going from a 235/50 to a 255/40 tire. But there is still room for major improvement. There is a kit from BBR form$325 with frpp springs, shocks and struts......thoughts, experience???
I purchased my '13 last July & I too come from/still have my '06 goat. While my GTO has never handled like a 'world class' vehicle, it did/does handle better IMHO. My '13 has an AB and some aftermarkets wheels now so next up is lowering/suspension fo' sho'. I have 4400 miles on it now & still trying to get a feel for it. As you, my first Ford anything. Other than that, great ride! :rockon:

ViciousJay

Established Member

understandable i have a brembo car with k springs and its night and day in turns now....

TheDivaDanielle

Established Member
Shouldn't have cheaped out on a new car and got the Brembo Brake Package. Too late, and a lesson is learned. Good luck.

I too came from a GTO. I got the BBP when I ordered my car. No complaints with the upgraded brakes, springs, dampers, control arms, EPAS, AdvanceTrac tuning and tires that the package has over the regular GT.

Sent from my Bean'd Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member

my thoughts? i think you're full of crap. You need to go buy a fifth gen b/c apparently you're GM biased won't let you accept the 5.0 is the better car.

just so you know i'm not being an asshole, here was my 06 GTO i had before my 5.0 with a few handling mods on it. Thing didn't handle as good as my stock brembo car does now, and I know a base GT doesn't handle much worse.

5647453477_28d5b38342_b.jpg

2011brembocoyot

Established Member
Go get a "NEW" GTO......oh yeah they folded that division of GM!

But seriously, how long have you had the car? Give it a chance, especially if you haven't owned it long. It may just be that you are not used to the driving characteristics of the mustang yet. If that isn't it then it's time to start modding!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread