2014 GT Handeling Woes

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
lol vic i should have told you that you would be receiving alot of these responses. alot of people on here get salty when you talk bad about the 5.0.

Um, no. OP made an ignorant opening statement and then got childish when people called him out on it. Then he posted his Holy Grail of suspension fixes response from another site which was again ignorant.

There is a absolute mountain of information out there regarding Mustang suspension setup on these cars. I'd suggest reading through some of the better informed sites/posts before telling everybody you've finally got it figured out, no thanks to us. But if you really want to advance your knowledge leave the car alone, drive right past Englishtown and book a day or two at NJMP. You'll come away with a whole new level of respect.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Get a good set of tires and lowering springs to start, makes all the difference. If you can afford 32k cash, you can afford 2k for a set of pilot super sports, bridgestone re-11's or something comparable. I autocross in my car with just springs and a really good tire and run the same times as c6 vettes, and my car doesn't oversteer at all.

Where in ga are you? I'd like to start getting more into the AutoX but really don't know where any events are anymore (been gone for college for the last few years)

elaborate on average...

Average- the middle, in between. :-D j/k
I'd agree, way below average. Everybody knows stock anything blows, but to some extent most "performance cars" will let you throw their weight into a corner, it'll take a "set" and that's it. You get used to what it does and can learn to drive it. These cars don't seem to really "set". Or at least mine doesn't, every turn is different and the car literally "floats" in the turns. It's so unpredictable it's not even funny. Can't wait to drop mine

vicnkathy

Established Member
Hey Viking, wtf is your problem. Really? Your synopsis is inaccurate and honestly I do not care what you have to say. So F*** off before you piss me off.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I had 2 GTOs, both 06s, the second with full Pedders Track II and Hotchkis sways. That was a pretty good handling car, but it never felt as fun to grab by the scruff and wrestle around as my bone stock '14 Track Pack. Steering feel and quickness has a lot to do with it. I've pushed my car pretty hard on some of our better offramps, like the sweeper off the Meadowbrook onto the Southern State. Haven't run into much understeer yet.

The base cars I test drove felt like the suspension was working about a mile below the driver's seat. My TP feels much better. My buddy's '12 Boss, even better yet.

Slammintone

Established Member
I will say my 2007 GT Mustang handled and drove more like a race car than my new 5.0 does. It also felt better at high speed, like it was really locked onto some rails and would settle down deeper towards the pavement with a downdraft instilling loads of confidence that you were in control completely. The faster the better. Switching to my 2010 R/T Challenger it was a lot hairier at high speeds, I mean, the car WAS faster than the 2007 GT but going faster was not really pleasant as you felt like you may wreck so you really had to pay attention to what you were doing and depend on fast reflexes on turns. The new 5.0 as delivered from the factory was somewhere between those two cars as far as handling and driving confidence. The nosedive when braking and the rear dumping on take off is pretty generic. Like someone else noticed, wider wheels and bigger tires suprising helps with the suspension a lot. I think the springs and struts are under powered for the new GTs and going slightly higher and wider with the tires helps take some of the load off the factory suspension allowing it to work better, almost as if you've shaved several hundred pounds of weight off the car. I feel much more confident in how the car handles and behaves now. It's a relief because now I can save and have the cash at a later time to do a full track worthy suspension upgrade
rather than doing maybe half the job and not getting the kind of results I'll be after.

Chaney5.0

I must be a good driver... I held m3s at my local track in stock form around the twisties. I also have a c6 ls3 vette with twins on it and some decent suspension. It being good it is still no where NEAR world class. Lets just say the gtos were a poor man's corvette with shittier parts. Maybe go take a driving class or two first? The mustang is far from perfect. But it beats a gto around turns all day long.

Maybe you're just not used to how you need to push the car? I get that all the time going from my vette ontrack weekends to my dd 5.0.

TheDivaDanielle

Established Member
Threads I think are dumb:

I ordered a new GT with the base brakes and suspension.. my car's handling and brakes suck... what gives? (solution, order the brembo brake package)

I ordered a new mustang with the base, non-shaker radio. It really sucks. what gives? (solution: order Shaker Pro)

I just don't understand when someone doesn't just buy a new car, but goes a step further, and ORDERS exactly what they want (or it's still brand new and they had the option to order) and then they don't get something kinda big (when they have certain goals in mind) then whine that what they skimped out on kinda sucks.

Rct851

Established Member
I think my non brembo car handles just fine, and when I want more ill take some of the money I saved from not getting the bbp and build something superior. So when I'm going to Randall's to get milk ill be on raaaails lol

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Maybe I should've bought a GTO for a world class handling car?:shrug: what an idiot I was... :lol: What a joke...

OP, Have you heard of the boss 302?

You sure don't know what a world class car handles like if you think a Pontiac can come close to a ford.

Reach your wallet and put down 2k of mods in your GT and that will blow you away!

vicnkathy

Established Member
The two grand is not an issue and I love to mod my cars....hey, that's half the fun making them suit your driving style right? You got me wrong. BUT..... The gto did out handle my mustang any day of the week. I don't care how many people it upsets its true. And I wanted to know what to do to make my mustang not handle like a truck. Give it a rest. Geesh. It's 6:30am, going to work out, take my 10k run then going to wash and wax the car I hate so much you all think.
Im dealing exclusively with Steeda. There components will be on my car very shortly and I'm confident it will handle as I like. Btw....Steeda agreed as well the mustang stock couldn't come close to the handling I had in a gto, but after some work will surpass it and make me very happy.
As far as a boss mustang I didn't want a car loan or drop 44k on a mustang unless it was a used Shelby. For 42k with the discounts there giving now I would have bought a vette. Oh but there probably inferior to the mustang also right?

vicnkathy

Established Member
Compared to my truck like handling on the mustang the gto was indeed a world class car. It is what it is, deal with it. But Steeda I'm confident will fix it. It must kill you lunatics someone not agreeing with you or having there own opinion or own experience....sad. But honestly this must be a 20ish live at home crowd in here right?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Compared to my truck like handling on the mustang the gto was indeed a world class car. It is what it is, deal with it. But Steeda I'm confident will fix it. It must kill you lunatics someone not agreeing with you or having there own opinion or own experience....sad. But honestly this must be a 20ish live at home crowd in here right?

Actually, this "20ish live at home crowd" appear to act much more mature than you self proclaimed geritol-generation status. Here's some of your more "mature" responses when someone actually dared to disagreed with you.

Vic's vents:
Wow, what a bunch of a**holes!!

Ok, first off I did drive a brembo car, same crap plow into a corner and roll over handling...Enough....thanks for nothing.

With the exception of a few people here all I got was sarcasm and ridicule, and asked kindly for help. Well for all the jerks all I can say is F*** you all.

I've been going to Englishtown probably when you were still in diapers.

Still, hardly any help.....amazing

I guess it's easy to pick fights then to actually help someone out. I wonder what the age is over here? Baseball hat pants around there knees crowd, still living off of mommy and daddy? Sure sounds like it.

And of course, my personal favorite:
Hey Viking, wtf is your problem. Really? Your synopsis is inaccurate and honestly I do not care what you have to say. So F*** off before you piss me off.

One would think an Ex-Marine, 10k a day runnin', 40+ year old w/kids "adult" would have thicker skin by now and perhaps actually act his age? Would help set a good example to all us still living at home:p

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One would think an Ex-Marine, 10k a day runnin', 40+ year old w/kids "adult" would have thicker skin by now and perhaps actually act his age? Would help set a good example to all us still living at home:p

OP when finding out his 'world class' handling car is a POS, I mean GTO:
[youtube_browser]Rym5unx0ZCo[/youtube_browser]

Ratchet

Established Member
Im dealing exclusively with Steeda. There components will be on my car very shortly and I'm confident it will handle as I like. Btw....Steeda agreed as well the mustang stock couldn't come close to the handling I had in a gto, but after some work will surpass it and make me very happy.
Sounds like the guy at Steeda saw you coming a mile away... and saw an easy sale with some easy prepping of you...haha :rolling::dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread