2014 GT - Armageddon Twin Turbo Install

Alberta5.0

Established Member
UnleashedBeast: I too am installing the same kit along with a MMR Boss 1000 long block, BMR k-frame, rad support, springs, A-arms, Rear lowers and adjustable upper with mount, pan hard, relocation brackets, Viking shocks, Strange struts. I went with the ID 1000 injectors and a JPC return fuel system. I am doing all this at home in the garage on stands. It is a lot of work and at times I have thought maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew. I like what you have done with the powder coating and am now thinking I may do something similar.

I am thinking of starting a thread on my build as well but need to figure out how to post pics as I am still quite new to all this.

Did you have any problems with the power distribution box interfering with the trans cooler lines? Mine seemed like they were in the way and in trying to bend them out of the way I kinked one.

I will be following your progress as I pick away at my own build when time allows.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Thanks to all, I updated one pic tonight. Odd how I worked so long, but feel like I got nothing "visual" done. Oh well, it's the little things you focus on to prevent future problems.

It is a lot of work and at times I have thought maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew.

I know exactly what you mean, however.....just stay your course. You will get through it and will be most rewarding.

I like what you have done with the powder coating and am now thinking I may do something similar.

I think it will make a big difference in the shock and awe factor when I open the hood.

I am thinking of starting a thread on my build as well but need to figure out how to post pics as I am still quite new to all this.

You can use a photo hosting site like photobucket. Google has good articles on how to place pictures in forum posts.

Did you have any problems with the power distribution box interfering with the trans cooler lines? Mine seemed like they were in the way and in trying to bend them out of the way I kinked one.

Had to bend them out of the way. Still having clearance issues with the A/C compressor pulley. Will solve that tomorrow after I get some sleep.

How much was the dipstick any modificactions needed is it direct fit thanks

about $90.00 from Summit Racing, if I recall correctly.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
I see everyone running the ID1000 injectors? Do yall not have E-85?

I went with the ID2000 injectors and three of the 400+lph pumps.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member

Hows the Idle? Talk with the ID builders for yourself and they can shed lots of light on things people THINK they know and not know about the injectors ;-) As for me, 1300's seem like a dream for around 1200-1300rwhp range.

1700 :eek: soon!

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I run ID1000s with E85 and have perfect street manners and idle. The 1300s have the stainless internals but long before they existed, plenty of people had great success with the 1000s.

GT915

Established Member
Congrats on the arrival of your twins. Looks like a first class install and write up as well. It's great this isn't your dd as you can take as much time as you need to get it done right. I can't wait to see how this badass turns out.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Thank you all for the compliments, still much more to go. Daily update added to post #1.

No, we do not have E85 available in my area. To get it, you must drive 45 minutes to 1 hour in all directions. Forget it, will use 93 pump for 8 PSI and high octane unleaded for higher boost settings with a built engine.

Congrats on the arrival of your twins. Looks like a first class install and write up as well. It's great this isn't your dd as you can take as much time as you need to get it done right. I can't wait to see how this badass turns out.

Thanks Dave, you should come hang out any evening after work or any day (all day) Saturday or Sunday. Jon and I have been hard at this install. We can cook burgers and talk cars.

Damn Troy that looks amazing!!! Congrats man!! Txt me sometime gotta catch up

Tell you what, makes the 09 Vista blue GT500 look like a child's toy. This car is so much darn fun, can only imagine what this mod will do to the awesome factor. We will catch up soon.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Saw the build and noticed Boss Intake... this is going to be epic! :lol:

I cant wait to see this 5.0 fly! keep us posted op!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Updated pics at the end of post #1 and in post #2. Thanks for the comments. We are nearing the end, hoping for a professional photo shoot after a good detail.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
With this kit do you have to relocate any of the abs items? I have the jpc lineloc and really would hate to have to make all new lines...

Yes, there is a custom bracket included to move the ABS module more towards the outside fender (behind the headlight). It's not a huge move, and in my opinion, simple brake line bending should allow for your line lock kit to adapt.

motivabracket10_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread