2013 OEM HID into 10-13 Non-HID Harness

BREMBO12

Established Member
enough of the Dodge krap already.......these retro lights are not designed for the OEM reflector manufacture. Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

more whore stories about these so called retro kits to make one puke.......they need to be outlawed.......don't even go into purple headlight bulbs... :bash:

grnenvy

Established Member
Factory stuff is better its as easy as that. Those aftermarket housing look cheap I can always tell when I see them. I want the 13 head lamp and looking forward to plug and play option.

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
Do you have to do anything special to get the daytime run lights to work?

Just a single red wire (field installed) connected to your choice of either a constant "key on" fuse or tapped into your running light circuit via a 3M scotchlock waterproof connector.

I also am working on the switchback function to shut the drl LEDs off when the turn signal is initiated then come back on once the turn is Completed. This will be an extra pair of control boxes sold as an additional option.

Last edited:

Chaney5.0

This whole subject has not been about retrofitting Chaney. Have you read the original beginning of the thread. Op is helping me with the connectors and wiring for my conversion. I have the 13 headlights. The Op is making a plug and play option without all the retro fitting that you are talking about. You have come in being negative which us not necessary

It's like half the people on this forum are 70+ years old and don't understand what I am typing. I NEVER said this was about RETROFITTING. I am just saying I have done it all, WHICH IN RETROFITTING IT REQUIRES YOU TO MAKE THE SAME HARNESS NEEDED TO INSTALL 13+ HEAD LIGHTs. You are going from regular filament bulbs to halogens/projectors. SO THE SAME conversion is needed to be made. You're doing the same thing I did, EXCEPT you are using head lights that are already made. I don't know how many times I mentioned this can be done very simply with just some splicing and wires.

Yeah he doesnt understand this is simply to be able to wire up the 2013 assemblies with the daytime running lights. If I wanted some lame looking aftermarket projectors it isnt hard to do. I am interested in this because I really like the daytime running lights.

Read above... :bored:

Sorry to burst your bubble but your aftermarket hids are what's ruing the hid market and not to mention illegal. Projectors are the answer to glare and most every new car Rollin off the line has them.

Not to mention the people who put bulbs into regular housings still don't know how to aim their head lights properly. Because apparently lighting up the sky with ricer blue head lights helps you see? Even though your eyes can ONLY SEE and distinct objects in 3800k-5500k color spectrums, and everybody runs around with 8000k-13000ks

Your OEM projectors come with 4300k lights in them from the factory. Personally I like 5000ks because they are a pure white, but 4300k has a 10% yellow tint to them that allows you to see perfectly objects in the road.

Cut off lines are almost mandatory for HIDS. Get on level service 25 feet away from a wall at night. Measure from the ground to the center of your Projector then walk over to the wall and do the same on the wall. The cut off line should be 1.5-2.5 inches LOWER on the wall than what the ground to middle of projector measurement was. This gives you a downward slopping light, that in a car will give you cut off lines below peoples mirrors.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
why not just put aftermarket HID's in and be done. Projectors are gay any way, I had a set on a 04 sierra and it looked like a rainbow on the street. Just put Aftermarkets in and diode isolate your own relay and be done.

:dw:

Please don't tell me you are seriously, Derp.

*Excuse Any Grammar or Spelling Errors*
Tapatalkin' on the iPhone

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
It is being Assembled and tested within a few hours here, just waiting for the little ones to go to bed lol.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
can someone just give me the ability to plug in 2013 headlights into my 2011 OEM HID equipped car? And have the LED DRL's work?

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
PM me a price on the 2013 heads and a P&P harness to get them to fit in my 2011 OEM HID car. I'll be in if the price is fair.

CSG

Established Member
What would a guy do on a 11 if he wanted matching HID foglights that did not blind on-coming traffic?

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
What would a guy do on a 11 if he wanted matching HID foglights that did not blind on-coming traffic?

I could always retrofit your fogs with the mini H1 projectors and have them function Just like the regular Bi-Xenon projector with high beams available for use as well.

Users who are viewing this thread