2013 OEM HID into 10-13 Non-HID Harness

Chaney5.0

so post up a how to at the top the forum to share all this knowledge and make sure to give us a list of parts and where to buy. If you need any parts at all.;-) we are all searching for this info

Parts? Did you read the OP I did? You don't need parts. You need the new set of lights you want to install, you either the Original HIDS or any aftermarkets that you want, (IE- Search for GOOD HID kits that come with Ballast and the correct size Bulbs, Retrosolutions.com is a VERY good website, their "white" is actually white) Other than that there are no "Parts" you cut connectors off, and solder them together. Make sure you have power/ground, etc running to your OE switch on the dash and you are golden.

Here is the set of my buddies lancer, I baked open, Painted the housing Satin black, and the new projectors "H1 Minis" that I painted white, installed HIDS with NEW ballest, as his car came stock with out them.

DSCN0374_zps4edc65c7.jpg

DSCN0384_zpsdcdd64d2.jpg

DSCN0387_zps4d791229.jpg

DSCN0389_zps36669bed.jpg

DSCN0383_zps16f180c7.jpg

And my old truck

Same thing etc, stock with out HIDS, installed lows and fogs. 5000k 55ws.

New projectors "H1 Gatluns" Baked open the head light, cut the housing to fit the new projector, wired for CCFL halos, and even customized the correct socket for switch back turn signals, shines white but the second you hit the turn signal turns amber.

STOCK
Ram150040.jpg

2012-12-27_10-21-27_521.jpg

2012-12-31_13-51-05_960.jpg

Ram15007.jpg

Ram150030-1.jpg

Only difference is the fact that the OP is making a "plug and play kit" which takes a bit more time, but again NOT HARD. All I have to say is I really hope these are not at a stupid expensive price taking advantage of people who do not understand how EASY it is to do. As you can see I did show quality conversions with a six pack of beer and a couple hours to kill.

If the kit is at a "reasonable" price IE not hundreds of dollars then Good to see. Just letting people know it takes about an hour of google to figure out how to retrofit projectors, OR in the case of buying the OEM housing, wiring in new HIDS.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Parts? Did you read the OP I did? You don't need parts. You need the new set of lights you want to install, you either the Original HIDS or any aftermarkets that you want, (IE- Search for GOOD HID kits that come with Ballast and the correct size Bulbs, Retrosolutions.com is a VERY good website, their "white" is actually white) Other than that there are no "Parts" you cut connectors off, and solder them together. Make sure you have power/ground, etc running to your OE switch on the dash and you are golden.

Here is the set of my buddies lancer, I baked open, Painted the housing Satin black, and the new projectors "H1 Minis" that I painted white, installed HIDS with NEW ballest, as his car came stock with out them.

DSCN0374_zps4edc65c7.jpg

DSCN0384_zpsdcdd64d2.jpg

DSCN0387_zps4d791229.jpg

DSCN0389_zps36669bed.jpg

DSCN0383_zps16f180c7.jpg

And my old truck

New projectors "H1 Gatluns" Baked open the head light, cut the housing to fit the new projector, wired for CCFL halos, and even customized the correct socket for switch back turn signals, shines white but the second you hit the turn signal turns amber.

Ram15007.jpg

Ram150030-1.jpg

Only difference is the fact that the OP is making a "plug and play kit" which takes a bit more time, but again NOT HARD. All I have to say is I really hope these are not at a stupid expensive price taking advantage of people who do not understand how EASY it is to do. As you can see I did show quality conversions with a six pack of beer and a couple hours to kill.

If the kit is at a "reasonable" price IE not hundreds of dollars then Good to see. Just letting people know it takes about an hour of google to figure out how to retrofit projectors, OR in the case of buying the OEM housing, wiring in new HIDS.

Most of the cost is the 13 LED headlamps I believe

ccd_1606

Established Member
why not just put aftermarket HID's in and be done. Aftermarket projectors are gay any way, I had a set on a 04 sierra and it looked like a rainbow on the street. Just put Aftermarkets in and diode isolate your own relay and be done.

Last edited:

tuxedoblack11

Established Member

DSCN0374_zps4edc65c7.jpg

DSCN0384_zpsdcdd64d2.jpg

DSCN0387_zps4d791229.jpg

DSCN0389_zps36669bed.jpg

DSCN0383_zps16f180c7.jpg

And my old truck

STOCK
Ram150040.jpg

Ram15007.jpg

Ram150030-1.jpg

I am a retrofitter as well so I can do anything anyone wants but lots of guys like these OEM heads, so I'm helping them out by making it all factory plug and play. And by me doing all the work making these harnesses why shouldn't I see a small profit? I'm doing all the work and offering people a simple DIY project and I'm Just trying to help that's all, not scalp anyone.

Here's my plug and play f150 hid harness along with my retrofit work.
DSCN1048.jpg

DSCN0885_zps4f5ac4ed.gif

DSCN0791_zpsbc3b8173.gif

9BC4E7B7-B8C6-47A2-B7F1-4D25C467943E-570-00000077AF23292E.gif

7DFA51D7-1CD8-48E5-89B6-5AC9108F5FEC-570-00000077AE35078A.gif

Last edited:

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
why not just put aftermarket HID's in and be done. Projectors are gay any way, I had a set on a 04 sierra and it looked like a rainbow on the street. Just put Aftermarkets in and diode isolate your own relay and be done.

Sorry to burst your bubble but your aftermarket hids are what's ruing the hid market and not to mention illegal. Projectors are the answer to glare and most every new car Rollin off the line has them.

cobra1718

Established Member
This whole subject has not been about retrofitting Chaney. Have you read the original beginning of the thread. Op is helping me with the connectors and wiring for my conversion. I have the 13 headlights. The Op is making a plug and play option without all the retro fitting that you are talking about. You have come in being negative which us not necessary

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I think its really cool. Id buy the harness. Just going to wait till i get a deal on the lights.

NinjaBum

Established Member
This whole subject has not been about retrofitting Chaney. Have you read the original beginning of the thread. Op is helping me with the connectors and wiring for my conversion. I have the 13 headlights. The Op is making a plug and play option without all the retro fitting that you are talking about. You have come in being negative which us not necessary

Yeah he doesnt understand this is simply to be able to wire up the 2013 assemblies with the daytime running lights. If I wanted some lame looking aftermarket projectors it isnt hard to do. I am interested in this because I really like the daytime running lights.

Users who are viewing this thread