2013 OEM HID into 10-13 Non-HID Harness

jmstang66

Established Member
I haven't started mine yet, but I'm gonna assume u pull the actual bulb out and put it into the socket. I don't think u have to unplug any harness, I'm guessing it's simply an add on

Remove the factory bulb from the socket, and that black piece plugs in to where the bulb was

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Remove the factory bulb from the socket, and that black piece plugs in to where the bulb was

Ya... I figured that out eventually. It still doesn't fit though, looks like the wrong size. I bought it used from someone so I'm guessing they are the wrong ones. Guess I'll order some off the website. The rest of the harness works great and I have it all installed. Pics tomorrow after I wash it.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Quick pic of the finished product.

img1.jpg

92fiveohfox

Established Member
looks great! did you get it to where the amber doesn't come on when you have the parking lights on?

Yes. That's how it is in the above pic. First car with HIDs... HUGE difference. I was very surprised. The harness works great(so far) and is easy to install.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
You have to cut one of the wires. I'll take a pic later of which one I did. Can't remember off the top of my head.

dc2r

Established Member
i recall some people posting that they cut a wire and then lost everything so i didn't dare try... if you please take a pic it would be much appreciated!

GTstyles2

Established Member
i recall some people posting that they cut a wire and then lost everything so i didn't dare try... if you please take a pic it would be much appreciated!

Did ur contacts look notched on one side like this one?? I just got mine, haven't installed yet. But I figure this has the same effect as cutting the wire. Maybe they're being sent like this now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422300632.679127.jpg

jmstang66

Established Member

yeah I snipped the black wire as posted a few pages back, ambers went out, but no turn signals at all so I gave up frustrated lol

dc2r

Established Member
had a miserable night. one of my d3s hid bulbs went out. went to the nearest ford dealership and it's nearly $400cdn ($350-ish usd?) for just one bulb, and they did not have any in stock. so i had to go to a regular car electronics place and bought a no name set from taiwan. the lowest ones they had were 6000k and can only be bought as a pair so i got them for around $140usd.

then i tried to at least replace the blown bulb out in the parking lot... and i couldn't do it. can anyone remember how it's done? i've pulled and twisted but because i can't see anything i don't know what i am missing.

any help appreciated. thanks.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
What are you having trouble with? Getting inside the assembly or getting the bulb out of the mount?also you can get oem bulbs for $40-50 a pair on eBay.

Last edited:

dc2r

Established Member
i can't get the bulb out of the mount.

ebay stuff is crap. the last time i bought hid bulbs online it lasted about 2 months at most. and i can't wait for shipping.

Last edited:

GTstyles2

Established Member
had a miserable night. one of my d3s hid bulbs went out. went to the nearest ford dealership and it's nearly $400cdn ($350-ish usd?) for just one bulb, and they did not have any in stock. so i had to go to a regular car electronics place and bought a no name set from taiwan. the lowest ones they had were 6000k and can only be bought as a pair so i got them for around $140usd.

then i tried to at least replace the blown bulb out in the parking lot... and i couldn't do it. can anyone remember how it's done? i've pulled and twisted but because i can't see anything i don't know what i am missing.

any help appreciated. thanks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422420264.846198.jpg

Hope this helps, u have squeeze those to spring tabs at the bottom

Last edited:

GTstyles2

Established Member
i can't get the bulb out of the mount.

ebay stuff is crap. the last time i bought hid bulbs online it lasted about 2 months at most.

D3S bulbs are super expensive, I'm about to sell my OEMs bulbs soon since I'm changing to another temp, but I know u need a new one asap :-/ and I'm not ready to pull mine out quite yet... Even tho it's just sitting in the garage, check out eBay for OEM bulbs

dc2r

Established Member
Hope this helps, u have squeeze those to spring tabs at the bottom

with the headlight mounted on the car, are those clips on the top or on the bottom?

thank you so much. now i know why my fingers are so cut up... i am going to try this again tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

GTstyles2

Established Member
thank you so much. now i know why my fingers are so cut up... i am going to try this again tomorrow morning.

No problem, good luck, these are much more difficult than the 10-12 D3S bulbs. When I get my new bulbs I'll put them in before installing the housings on the car... I still haven't installed my 13-14 lights yet, might wait till it's less frigid out

Users who are viewing this thread