2013 OEM HID into 10-13 Non-HID Harness

BlackFive.0

Established Member
User experiencing major problems. I am a 2011 HID car converting to 2013 housings. My turn signals are not working properly and I have a possible defective HID harness. I only have ONE headlight operational. since there were no instructions I am in the dark here. Now i have a car that is potentially unsafe to drive. Does ANYONE have any advice for this. Conversion harness from projectoretrofit.

jmstang66

Established Member
man am I glad I stumbled across this thread! I got one of these "Morimoto" harnesses and a set of 13-14 headlights from a customer of ours, and had no clue what it was. Finally found a youtube video or two, and even tried emailing tuxedo for help and any info, not even a response of any sorts, so I kinda went blind into the whole thing. First attempt I failed and blew a fuse. Second attempt went nice and smooth, and I got them all hooked up! Been in about 2 weeks now, and no problems..but I too hate that the parking lights are on full time behind the strips...and it looks like some of you guys are too! Looks like I'm gonna see about cutting that wire (black one right? stock harness or his adapter harness?) and see how it turns out!

10843721_890131377688052_746348117_n.jpg

GTstyles2

Established Member
man am I glad I stumbled across this thread! I got one of these "Morimoto" harnesses and a set of 13-14 headlights from a customer of ours, and had no clue what it was. Finally found a youtube video or two, and even tried emailing tuxedo for help and any info, not even a response of any sorts, so I kinda went blind into the whole thing. First attempt I failed and blew a fuse. Second attempt went nice and smooth, and I got them all hooked up! Been in about 2 weeks now, and no problems..but I too hate that the parking lights are on full time behind the strips...and it looks like some of you guys are too! Looks like I'm gonna see about cutting that wire (black one right? stock harness or his adapter harness?) and see how it turns out!

View attachment 31766

Look back a few pages, but I believe u cut on the adapter harness side, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure u don't have to mess up ur factory wiring

KonaFifty

Established Member
i cant remember how the harness came out the box, but what i did was cut all my wires off, then played with it until i got the turn signals to work as intended. my green/yellow is connected to the red, white/black connected to black, and my blackred and blue wires are NOT connected to anything. black/red from bulb side and blue from connector side do not connect. i just taped them up. anyone have the switch back harness though? i want to try and copy the switch back harness...

GTstyles2

Established Member
i cant remember how the harness came out the box, but what i did was cut all my wires off, then played with it until i got the turn signals to work as intended. my green/yellow is connected to the red, white/black connected to black, and my blackred and blue wires are NOT connected to anything. black/red from bulb side and blue from connector side do not connect. i just taped them up. anyone have the switch back harness though? i want to try and copy the switch back harness...

Sounds like u did a lot to make it work, how long ago was this?? Maybe the harnesses are better now... I'm still awaiting mine, I hear the guy just simply doesn't reply emails and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't spend $800 on headlights to not have a harness for it -_-

scott_0

Established Member
User experiencing major problems. I am a 2011 HID car converting to 2013 housings. My turn signals are not working properly and I have a possible defective HID harness. I only have ONE headlight operational. since there were no instructions I am in the dark here. Now i have a car that is potentially unsafe to drive. Does ANYONE have any advice for this. Conversion harness from projectoretrofit.
been there, done that man :( Joe denies that the quality on these harnesses is subpar, but it is, I had numerous bad connections I had to repair, and I also went through a stage where my lights would intermittently get stuck on high beam or worse yet.......no lights at all!!!! I eventually had to end up chopping off my factory H13 connection and hard wiring via solder for a good connection, after much back and forth with Joe, he eventually sent me a brand new harness to exchange out with my old flawed harness, I did get the harness but decided Id "leave well enough alone" and keep my repaired harness since I repaired all the issues myself. I have not had a single issue since. as far as your turn signals, try some bulb grease

I too hate that the parking lights are on full time behind the strips...and it looks like some of you guys are too! Looks like I'm gonna see about cutting that wire (black one right? stock harness or his adapter harness?) and see how it turns out!

View attachment 31766
yes, you have to cut the black wire with I believe a dark colored stripe on it, now my amber bulbs only come on when a turn signal is activated, and since I got the non alternating switch backs from Joe, the led drl bars go off until the turn signal is shut off

KonaFifty

Established Member
Sounds like u did a lot to make it work, how long ago was this?? Maybe the harnesses are better now... I'm still awaiting mine, I hear the guy just simply doesn't reply emails and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't spend $800 on headlights to not have a harness for it -_-

na...wasnt much...took like 10 minutes to figure it out and tape everything back up.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Anyone know another place that sells harnesses? I contacted tuxedo but haven't heard from him...

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Ugh. If I knew for sure I would get the harness I would go ahead and order it but it seems iffy. Any write ups on how to do this without the harness?

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
Please contact me if you guys have any issues, I know some harnesses can be problematic if not installed quite right but I def will do my best to help the customer out. I do have a full time job from 8-5 (HVAC Tech) and two small children so hopefully you all understand if my emails "get away" from me sometimes.

Yes Scott you did get a bad harness somehow, but that was before my vendor switched to a better style relay connector. No hard feelings!

So again Please pm me for ANY warranty issues or inquiry's.

Last edited:

BlackFive.0

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420508004.807527.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420508017.202010.jpg

Tuxedo black took care of this issue with top notch turnaround time on making a new harness. ZERO issues. Thank you!

jmstang66

Established Member
My harness had red, blue and black wires....Well I snipped the black wire from tuxedos harness, the amber bulb went out but turn signals weren't working...didn't feel like messing with it so i put back the way it was...ugghhhhh

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Edit: Nevermind I think I got it.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

GTstyles2

Established Member
My harness had red, blue and black wires....Well I snipped the black wire from tuxedos harness, the amber bulb went out but turn signals weren't working...didn't feel like messing with it so i put back the way it was...ugghhhhh

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421458429.335118.jpg

I just got my harness and if u notice the contact is already adjusted to not touch, so I don't think I have to cut. Not sure if yours is like this

Users who are viewing this thread