2013 OEM HID into 10-13 Non-HID Harness

dc2r

Established Member
thanks for the help everyone. i think i got it sorted out now.

if anyone wants to buy my old 2011 oem hid headlights give me a shout.

Attachments

• IMG_20141007_163839.jpg
    IMG_20141007_163839.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 357
Last edited:

dc2r

Established Member
hi everyone. it's been a short while since i had the 2013-2014 headlights installed in my 2011, and i am having issues with the radiator grille.

as you all know, because the grille shell is different on the 2013-2014. the headlights do not have the mounting tabs for the 2010-2012 grille to attach to and relies on the the radiator shroud pushpins for upper attachments. as a result, i've ended up with a certain amount of free play in mine (oem boss 302 grille, see above post), and it's causing stress cracks in the corners where it makes contact with the headlights.

is this something that any of you are experiencing, or is it just me?

OMG_5.0

Established Member
I just got some long heavy duty zip ties and secured it that way. The plastic cover hides everything. People have made brackets but this was simple and took 2min

dc2r

Established Member
struggling with my smartphone right now. i can't find anything on these brackets you are referring to (hoping not to do zipties because that is the equivalent of duct tape to me)... if you can please send me a link to anything about these brackets you are referring to?

scott_0

Established Member
struggling with my smartphone right now. i can't find anything on these brackets you are referring to (hoping not to do zipties because that is the equivalent of duct tape to me)... if you can please send me a link to anything about these brackets you are referring to?

you just fab up a pair of steel pieces, about 1" wide and however long you need them, attach one end to the radiator support attached however you chose, then attach to your grill through the hole you'll need to drill. I saw on another thread where someone made a pair, I've been meaning to do this haven't done so yet

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
A friend gave me his 2013 headlight housings but not the bulbs/ballasts. Anyone know the part numbers on those? All I need is those and the harness from this thread for them to work in my 11 correct?

GTstyles2

Established Member
A friend gave me his 2013 headlight housings but not the bulbs/ballasts. Anyone know the part numbers on those? All I need is those and the harness from this thread for them to work in my 11 correct?

I'm sure u can find the bulbs and ballast on eBay, (OEM ballast is probably your best bet). The H13-D3S harness u should be able to get on www.projectoretrofits.com

I just ordered a harness from there, but the seller hasn't returned my emails. So I don't know what exactly is going with this website right now :-/

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I'm sure u can find the bulbs and ballast on eBay, (OEM ballast is probably your best bet). The H13-D3S harness u should be able to get on www.projectoretrofits.com

I just ordered a harness from there, but the seller hasn't returned my emails. So I don't know what exactly is going with this website right now :-/

Ya that's why I was asking about the OEM part # for the ballast.

I also saw on that site they have a D1S upgrade for f150,mustang,explorer and edge that includes ballasts, bulbs and interconnect wires that are supposedly better than the factory ones. Has anyone tried these?

How long ago did you order and haven't heard back?

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member

just hop on ebay and search for 13-14 mustang hid bulb and ballast, I've seen them on there multiple times

GTstyles2

Established Member
Ya that's why I was asking about the OEM part # for the ballast.

I also saw on that site they have a D1S upgrade for f150,mustang,explorer and edge that includes ballasts, bulbs and interconnect wires that are supposedly better than the factory ones. Has anyone tried these?

How long ago did you order and haven't heard back?

About 2 weeks, I simply wanted confirmation or tracking, just wanted to know if I'll get it eventually. No answer, I just want to know if I'll get them in a distant future, because I want to send my housings for customization. But I won't do anything right now, in fear of having expensive paper weights :-/

92fiveohfox

Established Member
About 2 weeks, I simply wanted confirmation or tracking, just wanted to know if I'll get it eventually. No answer, I just want to know if I'll get them in a distant future, because I want to send my housings for customization. But I won't do anything right now, in fear of having expensive paper weights :-/

Thats a good amount of time. Keep us updated if you get it or not, I was about to order a harness.

Users who are viewing this thread