2013 GT installing Kooks Longtubes with Before & After Results

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Any estimates on what the Torque should have been if the dyno had not gone wonky?

I was thinking about going blown but I'm pretty sure I could be happy with 450 rwhp.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Any estimates on what the Torque should have been if the dyno had not gone wonky?

I was thinking about going blown but I'm pretty sure I could be happy with 450 rwhp.

I would say 395-410. Just from what ive seen. -Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

o2gt

Established Member
im confused not doubting your numbers at all, but it seems like i was always hearing how long tubes just aren't worth the money because they did not make good power. it seems like these last two test show this not to be true. is the answer that you would have come close to these numbers with only an off road pipe? thanks for the help just trying to understand more about what im seeing.

josh

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Same mods as my car without headers so nice power!

EDIT: Just watched the video, that car wicked really good!

Last edited:

1930ford

Established Member
Nice write up, I like the Kooks, nearly zero reduction in ground clearance. I reused the stock gaskets also. Would like to see them update that tube next to the starter though, its close !

faztcobra

Established Member
Crazy power for the mods....think you could have broke 460rwhp with E85?
Easily. I dynoed 397 rwhp with an offroad H and tune. I added a GT500 axle back and switched to E85 and put down 431 to the wheels (and it was about 20 degrees cooler as well). I would say E85 accounted for most of those gains. With him at 447..13 hp is not out of the question.

RFM50

Established Member
Great right up Steve!!! This thread really makes me want to throw a boss and the pypes on my car and do a before and after session. I need to do those injectors first and then might do these one by one with before and after dyno runs. I just need to figure out how to pull that off with a new baby due in May!

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Sweet jeesus, i still prefer the sound of a X pipe but the video of him leaving the shop changed my mind about H pipes with that particular setup. Very nice!

Im sure you could hear that thing make an echo in an open field... crazy loud. why was speed used on the dyno graph and not RPM, what rpm were the pulls made to?

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
im confused not doubting your numbers at all, but it seems like i was always hearing how long tubes just aren't worth the money because they did not make good power. it seems like these last two test show this not to be true. is the answer that you would have come close to these numbers with only an off road pipe? thanks for the help just trying to understand more about what im seeing.

josh

The problem we have seen and is one of the reason's I did this.. is that the testing wasn't back to back the longtubes weren't tuned for at all. I have seen many cars like that lately. Not saying everyone does it but it has been a common thing. With long tubes... theirs always power.

Sure does sound mean. How is it inside the cabin?

At idle it's very tame and nothing crazy at different RPM

Crazy power for the mods....think you could have broke 460rwhp with E85?

E85 would have been 470ish hands down.

Great right up Steve!!! This thread really makes me want to throw a boss and the pypes on my car and do a before and after session. I need to do those injectors first and then might do these one by one with before and after dyno runs. I just need to figure out how to pull that off with a new baby due in May!

Well congrats on the baby first off and you will get there bud.

Sweet jeesus, i still prefer the sound of a X pipe but the video of him leaving the shop changed my mind about H pipes with that particular setup. Very nice!

Im sure you could hear that thing make an echo in an open field... crazy loud. why was speed used on the dyno graph and not RPM, what rpm were the pulls made to?

We actually lost the RPM signal in the pull and we have noticed that on speed, it's more of an accurate # based on real world driving. The car went up to 7600rpms though.

Users who are viewing this thread