txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Apparently some very good air!!!

bestrun5thgearsae.jpg

2012 Mustang GT with Roush TVS on Dyno - YouTube

Poppacapp

Established Member
Local guy told me he was getting about 670rwhp in his 12 5.0 with whipple. They get some good powah.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
How long can the engine handle that power?

Most say it will last a while with a good tune. How long "a while" is, I don't know. I plan to beef up the block in the next year. I don't beat on it and I'm not running past 6500rpm, so I hope it lasts until I'm ready. FYI, I was only looking to make 600whp. I run a closed air box and the pulley is supposed to make 10.5 lbs. That's why I stated 'suprising numbers' in the thread header.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Strong numbers! The shop has two Coyote customers with Vortech's, one made 600+, the other was close to 700 with Meth, both stock longblocks are still running strong..

coposrv

Established Member
Congrats OP. All the damn 5.0 threads lately are going to make me spend money I shouldn't.

stang910

Established Member
Your car is making crazy torque. Congrats, I know it's fun to drive.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Strong numbers! The shop has two Coyote customers with Vortech's, one made 600+, the other was close to 700 with Meth, both stock longblocks are still running strong..

The youtube shows this dyno run, but the numbers are uncorrected, STD. It made 694 and 636 TQ. I love the torque that the TVS puts out.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Great numbers. I know Sambandit(a local guy I know) is making 780whp on a TVS, smallest pulley, long tubes, and full boltons with E85 on the stock motor and so far no problems that I have heard of. E85 is a GREAT fuel. If you can run E85, DO IT!

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Great numbers. I know Sambandit(a local guy I know) is making 780whp on a TVS, smallest pulley, long tubes, and full boltons with E85 on the stock motor and so far no problems that I have heard of. E85 is a GREAT fuel. If you can run E85, DO IT!

Local, as in Colorado? 780whp is impressive, but 780whp at elevation is insane!

alex12gt

Established Member
wow hoping ill get that if not a little more out of mine after i put the aluminator in and turn the boost up

Users who are viewing this thread