2012 Mustang GT 5.0 w/Roush TVS..suprising numbers

Poppacapp

Established Member
The youtube shows this dyno run, but the numbers are uncorrected, STD. It made 694 and 636 TQ. I love the torque that the TVS puts out.

Actually STD IS a correction, just different than SAE. SAE assumes you are sitting on a dyno in sunny california in perfect weather.... STD corrects for a lower temperature, and most of the time will show 4% higher than SAE.

My car, for instance made 571 std and 558 sae for the same exact pull(I have both charts). But the conditions the day I dyno'd the car were closer to STD correction factors than SAE. So my car imo was actually making closer to the STD numbers on that day.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Actually STD IS a correction, just different than SAE. SAE assumes you are sitting on a dyno in sunny california in perfect weather.... STD corrects for a lower temperature, and most of the time will show 4% higher than SAE.

My car, for instance made 571 std and 558 sae for the same exact pull(I have both charts). But the conditions the day I dyno'd the car were closer to STD correction factors than SAE. So my car imo was actually making closer to the STD numbers on that day.

Oh...makes sense. I must have misunderstood the guy running the dyno.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Txcharlie, awesome numbers! I have been torn between the Roush and Paxton blowers and this may have made my mind up! What I don't like about the Paxton is the difference in HP and TQ numbers. And your setup has very similar numbers for both. Did u start with the basic $5600 kit and upgrade fuel components?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Txcharlie, awesome numbers! I have been torn between the Roush and Paxton blowers and this may have made my mind up! What I don't like about the Paxton is the difference in HP and TQ numbers. And your setup has very similar numbers for both. Did u start with the basic $5600 kit and upgrade fuel components?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes, my kit is what you get straight from Roush. It has a smaller pulley(75mm vs. 90mm) bigger injectors(71lb. vs 47lb.) and a BAP.
And yes, a centrifugal will typically make more HP than a roots/screw, but much less torque. A nice fat, flat torque curve, makes a car fun to drive.

Last edited:

element155

Established Member
mine made 701.9hp letting out b4 red line to keep me from worrying, on another occation 703ft lbs of torque, thats b4 new tb, heat exhager and smaller now 72mm pulley, that was with 74, this is at sea level with meth inj, let out well b4 red line
th_a67ebe4c.jpg
th_075fab34.jpg
th_5551d763-1.jpg

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Still waiting for the first 5.0 making big power on stock internals to blow...haven't really heard of any yet?

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
mine made 701.9hp letting out b4 red line to keep me from worrying, on another occation 703ft lbs of torque, thats b4 new tb, heat exhager and smaller now 72mm pulley, that was with 74, this is at sea level with meth inj, let out well b4 red line
th_a67ebe4c.jpg
th_075fab34.jpg
th_5551d763-1.jpg

Very nice numbers. Are you using a Snow kit?

3 oh 2

Established Member
awesome numbers!!! i cant wait to get my kit i just order a from evolution performance they rate their to 700hp . ihave a 2012 m6 with long tube headers and off road x-pipe and exhaust ..

3 oh 2

Established Member
Most say it will last a while with a good tune. How long "a while" is, I don't know. I plan to beef up the block in the next year. I don't beat on it and I'm not running past 6500rpm, so I hope it lasts until I'm ready. FYI, I was only looking to make 600whp. I run a closed air box and the pulley is supposed to make 10.5 lbs. That's why I stated 'suprising numbers' in the thread header.

who tuned your car??

kaane

Established Member
Cars have blown up already. Local guy blew up his car at 750whp with a TVS. Here is on this forum, I'll try to find his post.

NestorGT

Established Member
Question, have you data logged your car? Curious to know what are your charge temps under normal driving.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Question, have you data logged your car? Curious to know what are your charge temps under normal driving.

I do have logs, but I'm new to them and not sure which parameter is the charge temp. If it's ect, it was in the 180 to 195 range.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
ok cool mine is getting tuned by jon lund cant wait for my kit to get here in a few days

Are you going through LundRacing.com? Lethal? If so, I think it will be Ken doing the tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread