WANTED: 2001 cobra/mach 1 supercharger

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Now that I replaced my engine and have the car back on the road, I'm looking for either a vortech or procharged setup for a 2001 cobra. Let me know what you have.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
There’s a guy in the Mach 1 registry group on FB talking about selling a p1 kit, headers etc bc he’s going turbo. I don’t know anything about the guy other than I saw the post

robvas

Established Member
*dreams of a Mach 1 with a D1SC, big fat intercooler, built motor, Fore fuel system, and 20-25lbs on e85...*

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
For sure but they've priced themselves out of the market. My car is probably not worth what they're selling procharger kits for.
I hear ya. I found a kit that was 80% complete for my GT back in 2018-2019 for $2,500. D1SC. Good luck dude. There are deals but have to be patient and ready to pull the trigger. Finding one local you can inspect is preferred.

robvas

Established Member
JFC

Attachments

• IMG_6181.jpeg
    IMG_6181.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 107

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I initially bought a P1SC-1H and a 96-99 Cobra mounting kit to go on my Mach 1.

Yes, I am swapping to a 99 Cobra Timing Cover.

That P1 probably won’t go on though since I got a Vortech V1-Ti. Gonna pulley it for whatever gets to about 700hp. Shouldn’t be more than maybe 15lbs to get me there.

Should sound great with the BBRV.

I need to sell that P1.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Okay thanks. I'll see if anyone shows up with a used kit and if not, I'll hit you up. These things have really shot up in price over the years.

I dunno what used kits go for these days but I bought a used kit and had to put a couple hundred bucks into missing parts (not including any fueling, tuning etc...). Another thing to keep in mind is if you have to have procharger go through it to replace seals etc... it's probably gonna cost ya close to a grand. Just things to consider when looking at used vs Beefcake's pricing. If you have a single bolt tensioner timing cover and plan to make more than 10# might also consider going straight to 8 rib and only do the alignment bullshit once.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I dunno what used kits go for these days but I bought a used kit and had to put a couple hundred bucks into missing parts (not including any fueling, tuning etc...). Another thing to keep in mind is if you have to have procharger go through it to replace seals etc... it's probably gonna cost ya close to a grand. Just things to consider when looking at used vs Beefcake's pricing. If you have a single bolt tensioner timing cover and plan to make more than 10# might also consider going straight to 8 rib and only do the alignment bullshit once.
I'll keep that in mind. I always buy used where I can but, in this case, it would have to be complete and gently used. It's really hard to justify the new cost of these things.

68gtscode

Established Member
I have a procharger bracket originally from an 03 Cobra F1 system. I believe it would work for your car along with the P1 & D1 scroll. Keep it in mind if you want to piece together a system. I’d probably give it to you if you would actually use it…

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I have a procharger bracket originally from an 03 Cobra F1 system. I believe it would work for your car along with the P1 & D1 scroll. Keep it in mind if you want to piece together a system. I’d probably give it to you if you would actually use it…
That's very generous of you. I'll keep it in mind if I piece together a kit.

Users who are viewing this thread