WANTED: 2001 cobra/mach 1 supercharger

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
The 3 bolt tensioner layout provides more efficient leverage for the tensioner on the belt. If you’re looking at 15psi or more and the motor is out of definitely consider it. Local mustang shop said that’s what they recommend and that they also drill and tap the tensioner mounts for one size bigger bolts
Great info I will start looking for a 3 bolt front cover and a blower kit...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i think i saw one recently in the mach 1 registry group on FB. if you have the single bolt tensioner then it should all be the same. If I remember i'll try to look for it later

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
I'm not fully up to speed on vortech trim differences but I'm thinking the t trim might be a bit much for a stock bottom end?
I ran it on a stock bottom end in a 96 cobra and it was fine, still hasn't had an issue. It's all in the tune and making sure they don't put a ridiculous amount of timing in it.

Made a little over 500hp at the wheel and 440tq on a 3.33 pulley and about 12lbs of boost.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I ran it on a stock bottom end in a 96 cobra and it was fine, still hasn't had an issue. It's all in the tune and making sure they don't put a ridiculous amount of timing in it.

Made a little over 500hp at the wheel and 440tq on a 3.33 pulley and about 12lbs of boost.
Shoot me over the details and pictures when possible. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread