20" vs 17"

catip1022

Established Member
I'm looking to buy new wheels for my 01 cobra. It has stock 17s now but i'm thinking about going with a 20". Does anyone have 20s on your car that can post a pic so I can see how it looks?

Thanks

clbailey

Established Member
OP please sell car and get a 80s model caprice, if not check American Muscle or OE wheels. I doubt they carry 20s for new edge's though.

GoingHaam

Established Member
20s look good to me.... go for it

7466321_2.jpg

7466321_1.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Too big for sure. At the very very most 19's in the back but thats pushing it. Stick with 18's.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Cause it looks out of place compared to the size of the car body maybe?

Cause it makes the tires look like rubber bands?

Cause it hurts performance on a performance car?

Cause it makes the brakes look tiny?

Cause I think they look too big?

It is called an opinion.
Just happens that 90% of mustang fans share the same opinion as me.

GoingHaam

Established Member
lol @ thinking 20s are so huge.... when alot of performance cars are coming OEM with them...

I respect the car spectrum all the way from lowriders on the 13s to the cars on 32s... and believe all of them have pros and cons...

people rag on the rim size and how it hurt performance, but that usually comes from people that have never experienced them. Everything a Full tank of gas to air conditioning hurt performance. and not many people i know of are taking there cars on tracks or road courses... i am all for riding a car of unnecessary wheel gap...and to me it give the car curb appeal

zPipes

Established Member
^^ Newer cars are built for them, our cars are not. Get a box chevy put a lift kit on it and set it up on 24's ghetto fab.

clbailey

Established Member
I hate the way my lo pros ride on my Camaro compared to the original wheels and tires that came on it. Every bump I cringe, and I only have 275 40 17s. I can imagine worse with a bigger wheel. Keep that big rim crap on the box cars of the 80s and Hummers of today. There's a guy on base with 32"s... the total package is horrendous. He wasted a 30k re enlistment bonus on that stupid half done POS H2.

germeezy1

Established Member
38784354001_large.jpg

2-1024.jpg

I agree 20 inch wheels always look so amazingly bad on a New Edge Mustang if done right.....wait what......?

GoingHaam

Established Member
its like a chick wearing high heels, yeah her feet may hurt but she looks good wearing them.....

its no different from blowing 30k in performance enhancement and parking the car in the garage.. it all depreciates and is worth no where near what you paid for it...

i understand the big rim thing... its all about getting attention... wither you hate it or love it... you are going to look!!! its going to grab your attention.. then mission accomplished...

Termi on 20s and i love it!
2003 Mustang Cobra Vert - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread