2 Valve Kenne Bell? Worth it?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
He doesnt want a turbo car get over it.....:cryying: . He asked about a blower and you said go turbo :shrug: But thats your opinion and i can respect that.Now move along and quit trashing OPs thread talking about things hes clearly not interested in.

Thank you. I would have asked 2 valve turbo or supercharger but I don't want turbo or any supercharger for that matter I want a kenne bell. Plain and simple thank you 02blowngt.

I kid you not the car in that video is the buddy I was referring to in my other posts, trust me that 2.1 screamed. And when he went to 11psi it was even louder.

Haha is it really???? And it sounds so so nice at 9 psi!!! Any videos of it running 11 psi? And that is what I'm talking about that over turbo all the way! Haha and he still have car?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tj4891

Established Member
i had a 2.1 on my 2v for about 3year best mod and charger for a 2v, i think. First year i had it, i ran 9lb and made 410hp 5 speed btw. Second year i upgraded to a 10lb and 90mm mass air and their big tube kit made 430hp very safe tune. Then i put a 2 step on the car blew the motor and then turn up the boost to 14lb on mmr 900 long block and made 470hp. I loved the setup just with it turned up i was having heating issues on the blower here in maryland. i wanted more hp, i didn't feel like buying a 2.8 with heads and cam and fuel system. so i threw a 5.0 in it lol, but i got some videos on you tube if you wanna check them out under 04gtkb. i sold my 2.1 for 3k and did have it svtp about 2months ago and but sold it local. So you should be able to find one used in the price range but i would get it rebuild before putting on. Hope this helps out a little

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
i had a 2.1 on my 2v for about 3year best mod and charger for a 2v, i think. First year i had it, i ran 9lb and made 410hp 5 speed btw. Second year i upgraded to a 10lb and 90mm mass air and their big tube kit made 430hp very safe tune. Then i put a 2 step on the car blew the motor and then turn up the boost to 14lb on mmr 900 long block and made 470hp. I loved the setup just with it turned up i was having heating issues on the blower here in maryland. i wanted more hp, i didn't feel like buying a 2.8 with heads and cam and fuel system. so i threw a 5.0 in it lol, but i got some videos on you tube if you wanna check them out under 04gtkb. i sold my 2.1 for 3k and did have it svtp about 2months ago and but sold it local. So you should be able to find one used in the price range but i would get it rebuild before putting on. Hope this helps out a little

What do you think I should expect hp wise? My motor is stock with longtubes X-pipe and catback. Who did you have do the tuning when you had the 2.1 on?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

ok cool those are some good numbers there and what blew in the engine? and was that cause of high boost or what? and also how much would rebuilding cost?? dont know anybody in the area to do that either :shrug:

With something like this I would rather buy new.. peace of mind for me.

yeah i know man i agree but if somebody is upgrading to a 2.6 or 2.8 and its like new could be something to look into. if its been beat to hell idk then lol i know what you mean though.

What do you think I should expect hp wise? My motor is stock with longtubes X-pipe and catback. Who did you have do the tuning when you had the 2.1 on?

also i would have to find somewhere to have mine tuned. hmm

tj4891

Established Member
i would think you should see from 390 to 430hp. i had excessive motorsport do all the tuning on but i would probably hit adam up from revolution auto here in maryland he just got done doing 2.8 kb on a gt that made 610hp. The only problem excessive had with it is the chip from kb. they kept telling me to get a handheld turner.

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
i would think you should see from 390 to 430hp. i had excessive motorsport do all the tuning on but i would probably hit adam up from revolution auto here in maryland he just got done doing 2.8 kb on a gt that made 610hp. The only problem excessive had with it is the chip from kb. they kept telling me to get a handheld turner.

Thanks for the info!:beer:

tj4891

Established Member
ok cool those are some good numbers there and what blew in the engine? and was that cause of high boost or what? and also how much would rebuilding cost?? dont know anybody in the area to do that either :shrug:

i bought a mmr 900 longblock built for 6k dropped it right in. The 2step i put in cause it to blow, just couldnt hold the boost. I was pushing it to the limit with 430hp on 10lbs anyway. There is a guy here thats been running a 1.7 kb on 9lbs for 5 years now on a stock motor not one issue. I think its all in the tune. I just cant leave stuff alone, always want alil more lol

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

i bought a mmr 900 longblock built for 6k dropped it right in. The 2step i put in cause it to blow, just couldnt hold the boost. I was pushing it to the limit with 430hp on 10lbs anyway. There is a guy here thats been running a 1.7 kb on 9lbs for 5 years now on a stock motor not one issue. I think its all in the tune. I just cant leave stuff alone, always want alil more lol
haha i see. and several other people have had great success running 9 psi for 50-60k miles for years and years and i know what you mean. we probably all want more power but have to be smart and i dont have a ton of resources to keep doing that lol

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
I'm ready to buy the 2.1 kit. Are there any vendors on SVTP ? Ive looked but not seen any. I talked directly to KB and it's $4999.00 that's the works.

If I'm not mistaken. Kenne Bell prefers to sell factory direct. So they dont do a dealer program like other companies. They DO however have authorized installers. Im not sure if the installers get jobber or discount pricing. They probably do, but now you are looking at labor for the install to go with the price. I have installed a KB on a 05 GT, their instructions were great. Very easy to follow and install was about 8 hrs., this was an intercooled kit.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken. Kenne Bell prefers to sell factory direct. So they dont do a dealer program like other companies. They DO however have authorized installers. Im not sure if the installers get jobber or discount pricing. They probably do, but now you are looking at labor for the install to go with the price. I have installed a KB on a 05 GT, their instructions were great. Very easy to follow and install was about 8 hrs., this was an intercooled kit.

Do you have a link for their authorized dealers??

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Kenne bell sends you a chip for the computer, their tunes are almost spot on. They have hours invested into tuning their kits. And sadly my friend sold his KB car in the video.. Just call Kenne Bell and ask them questions, that would be the most dead on accurate answers your going to get.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Kenne bell sends you a chip for the computer, their tunes are almost spot on. They have hours invested into tuning their kits. And sadly my friend sold his KB car in the video.. Just call Kenne Bell and ask them questions, that would be the most dead on accurate answers your going to get.

Awesome I'll have to do that when I'm ready and have funds

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Just call them and talk to them now. I've heard great things about their customer service. And from what my buddy told me he was always treated perfectly by them. I had numerous phone conversations with the guys at Tork Tech before I ordered my kit. Places like that are happy to answer questions and get your interest peaked ecspecially if your planning to be a future customer.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Just call them and talk to them now. I've heard great things about their customer service. And from what my buddy told me he was always treated perfectly by them. I had numerous phone conversations with the guys at Tork Tech before I ordered my kit. Places like that are happy to answer questions and get your interest peaked ecspecially if your planning to be a future customer.
ok cool

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Not really but if I'm going to spend that kind of money I want a blower lol you got something better??

I have a friend that has a 2 valve car with a fogger on it and bolt ons and he's making right at 400 rwhp and alot more tq on a safe tune and been running the car for years. I also had a n/a 4 valve car with just cams, ported short runner, built bottom end with long tubes and that car made over 400 rwhp just on motor and prob 600ish on nitrous. And I wouldn't count out a centri. Got a friend with one of those on his car (vortech) and it makes 450 I think and he didn't spend 5 grand. Just throwing out options. Gl with your build.

Users who are viewing this thread