2 Valve Kenne Bell? Worth it?

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
That's awesome man hope the auto doesn't hurt me too bad

Dont get stuck on dyno numbers. We all know that an auto will spin less ponies on the dyno versus a stick. The real test is the track. The auto will move out and get the power down where it counts.

Chances50

Established Member
Dont get stuck on dyno numbers. We all know that an auto will spin less ponies on the dyno versus a stick. The real test is the track. The auto will move out and get the power down where it counts.

Exactly. I learned a long time ago Dyno numbers mean nothing.

An Auto car with a good convertor and the kb will be a quick car!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

Yeah true that and everybody still thinks I'm nuts for buying auto mustang lol

Exactly. I learned a long time ago Dyno numbers mean nothing.

An Auto car with a good convertor and the kb will be a quick car!

Yes converter will help a ton hope I have enough cash for that too!! That would be sick to drop all together at once

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

SCMOKN

Established Member
I miss my 2003 GT. I had a intercooled 1.7l KB running 8lbs making 425/397 or there about. I have a 2012 GT now and thinking about getting another KB.

Worth it? Absolutely!!!!

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I miss my 2003 GT. I had a intercooled 1.7l KB running 8lbs making 425/397 or there about. I have a 2012 GT now and thinking about getting another KB.

Worth it? Asolutely!!!!

You mean absolutely lol and how you liking 5.0?

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
Yeah true that and everybody still thinks I'm nuts for buying auto mustang lol

Get your KB on there and lets see if they think you are nuts then. Transmissions have come a long way and are way better than the old slush boxes they used to be. Its fun to bang gears once in a while, but automatic can be just as much fun.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
All this talk of a KB on a 2V is getting me excited! Been kicking around the idea of putting one on the wife's GT for a few years. Ever since I sold my Cobra she has been asking for her GT to go faster. I guess I spoiled her when I let her drive my Cobra. Looks like a KB is on the horizon!

Good luck OP!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Get your KB on there and lets see if they think you are nuts then. Transmissions have come a long way and are way better than the old slush boxes they used to be. Its fun to bang gears once in a while, but automatic can be just as much fun.

Yeah exactly what I want. Vettes, camaros etc will be in trouble with a little 2 valve auto lol and I agree manual is great at times and not fun other times

All this talk of a KB on a 2V is getting me excited! Been kicking around the idea of putting one on the wife's GT for a few years. Ever since I sold my Cobra she has been asking for her GT to go faster. I guess I spoiled her when I let her drive my Cobra. Looks like a KB is on the horizon!

Good luck OP!

Maybe we both can get one!!!

And I've seen several used 2.1 kb kits for about $3000 on corral think I'll be able to find one for that in the winter??? Seems like a decent deal when it is $5000 for them new

cinch1985

Established Member
I will throw this out there. The kb kit is great but u are stuck with it. I have the tork tech kit with a posi port eaton tb and plenum and made 430/405 on 5 pounds. I also have comp 270 cams and long tubes. I love the kit it works great and is high quality. If u look around and wait on deals u can do one for under 4k. I have right around 3500 in my kit.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I will throw this out there. The kb kit is great but u are stuck with it. I have the tork tech kit with a posi port eaton tb and plenum and made 430/405 on 5 pounds. I also have comp 270 cams and long tubes. I love the kit it works great and is high quality. If u look around and wait on deals u can do one for under 4k. I have right around 3500 in my kit.

Stock heads?? That ain't bad price either but I can get kb used most likely full kit for $4000. Saw one for $3000 and one for $3500 for 2.1 kit. Don't think that's bad and just out of curiosity though can you show your part/price list for your tork tech set up?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
How do these sub frame connectors look???

a6f9651a-313a-34e2.jpg

SCMOKN

Established Member
You mean absolutely lol and how you liking 5.0?

HAHA! Good catch..

I am loving it so far other than the fact that I was T-boned the other day by a woman running a stop sign. It goes to the body shop Tuesday for repair. two of the wheels got damaged and I am having a hard time trying to decide what wheels I want to get!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
HAHA! Good catch..

I am loving it so far other than the fact that I was T-boned the other day by a woman running a stop sign. It goes to the body shop Tuesday for repair. two of the wheels got damaged and I am having a hard time trying to decide what wheels I want to get!
aw man im sorry that sucks!!! :( and nip pick it to death dont want it not to be perfect. and also a kb on that thing would be nasty!! lol

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
I have western motorsports subframe connectors professionally welded in...
Love em' made a huge difference. Car corners completely flat and flec is zero.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

02SVTV6

Established Member
No. Go turbo. 5,000$ on just a blower on a stock motor is a horrible idea. Smart route is build your motor then build your power before you pop a motor and no replacement.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
No. Go turbo. 5,000$ on just a blower on a stock motor is a horrible idea. Smart route is build your motor then build your power before you pop a motor and no replacement.

don't like turbos. And it's about $3000-$3500 on the blower and rest in Trans stuff. And I shouldn't blow my motor if I'm smart and just run at 9 psi

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread