2 Valve Kenne Bell? Worth it?

02SVTV6

Established Member
don't like turbos. And it's about $3000-$3500 on the blower and rest in Trans stuff. And I shouldn't blow my motor if I'm smart and just run at 9 psi

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

You obviously have a lot to learn.

SCMOKN

Established Member
You obviously have a lot to learn.

About the money to get blown or running a stock block?

You can pick up a used KB for 3500/4000 dollars.

If you run a conservative tune and don't act a fool you can run a stock block safely. I did it for 5 plus years!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
About the money to get blown or running a stock block?

You can pick up a used KB for 3500/4000 dollars.

If you run a conservative tune and don't act a fool you can run a stock block safely. I did it for 5 plus years!

heck ive even seen complete 2.1 kb kits on corral for $3000 before negotiations and tork techs ive seen are $5000+ but that is for new.

so kb kit for $3500 or so valve body, trans cooler and possible stall convertor for the other $1500 or so seems decent to me to be making high 300 rwhp through auto trans. hellion turbo are nice but not cheap at all and cant go any higher on stock block anyway.

also you ran for 5 years and how many miles?

SCMOKN

Established Member
heck ive even seen complete 2.1 kb kits on corral for $3000 before negotiations and tork techs ive seen are $5000+ but that is for new.

so kb kit for $3500 or so valve body, trans cooler and possible stall convertor for the other $1500 or so seems decent to me to be making high 300 rwhp through auto trans. hellion turbo are nice but not cheap at all and cant go any higher on stock block anyway.

also you ran for 5 years and how many miles?

Daily driven. 50-60 thousand.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Doesn't matter if you drove 300K miles has nothing to do With anything power wise. A 800hp car can drive better than a 125hp car given its upkeep. The reliability of being able to abuse the hell out of it is reliability when paired with every day driving and no/minimal issues. You say you don't like Turbos and yet you never owned a turbo mustang I can guarantee or turbo anything that made real power. 420rwhp is Nothing more then bolt on cam LS cars or a new 5.0 with exhaust intake and tune

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Doesn't matter if you drove 300K miles has nothing to do With anything power wise. A 800hp car can drive better than a 125hp car given its upkeep. The reliability of being able to abuse the hell out of it is reliability when paired with every day driving and no/minimal issues. You say you don't like Turbos and yet you never owned a turbo mustang I can guarantee or turbo anything that made real power. 420rwhp is Nothing more then bolt on cam LS cars or a new 5.0 with exhaust intake and tune

Never quit do you?

Didn't you run a blower on your stock block? Stop being a hypocrite and let the guy learn on his own. I sure he'll be fine at 8-9psi for a while and in the mean time he can be saving to build the block down the line.

It seems he has 3-4k to spend and that's enough to either build the block or put a blower on the stock block. If it were me I'd get the blower now too and run the safest possible tune and begin saving to build the block in a year or two.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Daily driven. 50-60 thousand.

that is awesome man! seems reliable to me!!! :banana:

i had a 96 ss slp camaro (lt1) mostly full bolt on car never put cam in it. nice car and all but just love mustangs. I prefer mustangs supercharged man. Hellion makes one hell of a kit and a friend wants to put it on his fox but just isnt me. cant beat the sound of a supercharger and that boost is already ready to go :beer:

newer LS cars and 5.0 are how much more? bought my car for $11,400 and have a few thousand in it already. so a new 5.0 is at least a good $12,000-$15,000+ more than my car and mods even more. im picky and would want a mint car which are a dime and dozen even new 5.0 or 05-09 and they ask a pretty penny for them. i work at a dealer i know. Chevy dealer that is and i have drove every ls car there is except new ZR1 and ZL1. Prefer mustang in every way and a newer camaro or vette is more than a 5.0 even. so for $5000 i can have a fun daily driver and compete with cars way out of my price range? why wouldnt you do that? :shrug:

Never quit do you?

Didn't you run a blower on your stock block? Stop being a hypocrite and let the guy learn on his own. I sure he'll be fine at 8-9psi for a while and in the mean time he can be saving to build the block down the line.

It seems he has 3-4k to spend and that's enough to either build the block or put a blower on the stock block. If it were me I'd get the blower now too and run the safest possible tune and begin saving to build the block in a year or two.

nah he dont. he probably ran 20 psi and blew it up. I aint going for insane amounts of power just a fun daily driver car! i have nothing to spend in terms of supercharger money as of now. Putting money away weekly here after vacation next week to afford one by my birthday in February 2013. boy that would be a sweet birthday present to myself! :rockon:

I thought about buying a cobra or newer mustang but dont want to drop the extra cash on it. My car is mint for 40k miles a couple rock chips is all seriously. if i want a cobra/05-09/5.0 mustang i will have to drop some serious cash on it and i mean high 20s to meet my standards that havent been dogged all its life either. my car was owned by 60-70 yr old lady and babied to death. doesnt get any better than that! and spend $5000 and be at about $18,000 or so and be in 5.0 range or stock cobra? not a bad deal. yes it isnt a cobra or 5.0 but still its not meant to be a speed demon. if that was the case i would go broke and buy a 13 gt500 haha not possible but you get what im saying

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
ya I wouldn't expect that you would have, they are local Mustang shop up here in Calgary, Alberta, CANADA.
They do have a website but it's not feasable for anyone in the US to buy from CANADA. I would go MM if I had to buy again....
I'm exactly like OP, my tune is safe, not making tons and tons of power but I drive it daily, it's in near mint condition, and I love the new edge look, I would have prefered a Terminator but it just wasn't in the family budget. It's the ultimate sleeper too and I still get to look at the Cobra hood it has. I will be doing a built bottom end in the future and want to go over the 600HP but for right now I'm good with what it is, A great daily that gets lots of looks.... OP start saving and update us when you buy the KB.

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
ya I wouldn't expect that you would have, they are local Mustang shop up here in Calgary, Alberta, CANADA.
They do have a website but it's not feasable for anyone in the US to buy from CANADA. I would go MM if I had to buy again....
I'm exactly like OP, my tune is safe, not making tons and tons of power but I drive it daily, it's in near mint condition, and I love the new edge look, I would have prefered a Terminator but it just wasn't in the family budget. It's the ultimate sleeper too and I still get to look at the Cobra hood it has. I will be doing a built bottom end in the future and want to go over the 600HP but for right now I'm good with what it is, A great daily that gets lots of looks.... OP start saving and update us when you buy the KB.

Exactly man you got it figured out!! Guess other people don't lol and yeah a friend of mine has mm and we are going to weld some on mine on weekend and pull isos in the front to lower. Trying to do the little things now so this winter kb can be dropped in!! And yeah I'm sure I'll give you an update after I save a few grand lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

02SVTV6

Established Member
My car ran 10 psi on a vortech I bought the kit for 2500 front mount setup and all so was a deal. After I got bored with 500bs rwhp I went single turbo to twins. I talk from experience.

Neither of which you 2 have like I do in this conversation. If you feel 400hp is fun and you dont plan beating on the car why even bother doing it? Why don't you think about that thought. No one is being fooled here.

02SVTV6

Established Member
And when you hear a turbo mustang run 190
In the 1/8 mile you will understand that a car sounding like a jet > every other roots/twin screw on the street

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
This conversation went from realistic to a bunch of dreamers real fast, 5k for a TT kit? Maybe if your running their tvs blower, they designed it to use the eaton. Subframe connectors are subframe connectors. Buy some off eBay for 70 dollars. Steel is steel. There is no sense in wasting hundreds of dollars because it has a name on it like Steeda. Because I highly doubt people are going to crawl under your car and be like omg Steeda subframes.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
And when you hear a turbo mustang run 190
In the 1/8 mile you will understand that a car sounding like a jet > every other roots/twin screw on the street

Not going to be running 190 in the 1/8 duh that's more than $5000 of work

This conversation went from realistic to a bunch of dreamers real fast, 5k for a TT kit? Maybe if your running their tvs blower, they designed it to use the eaton. Subframe connectors are subframe connectors. Buy some off eBay for 70 dollars. Steel is steel. There is no sense in wasting hundreds of dollars because it has a name on it like Steeda. Because I highly doubt people are going to crawl under your car and be like omg Steeda subframes.

And I was seeing if anybody had opinions on if one is stronger steel, easier fitment etc etc I'm not purchasing a brand I'm trying to find the best quality

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
I'm ready to buy the 2.1 kit. Are there any vendors on SVTP ? Ive looked but not seen any. I talked directly to KB and it's $4999.00 that's the works.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I'm ready to buy the 2.1 kit. Are there any vendors on SVTP ? Ive looked but not seen any. I talked directly to KB and it's $4999.00 that's the works.

Too bad ya need it right now, I've been tossing around the idea of selling my 2.2 in a few months.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Not going to be running 190 in the 1/8 duh that's more than $5000

Are you trying to not understand or are you just ignorant? You mentioned how nothing compares to a blower sound and I mentioned you never heard a turbo car running 190 in the 1/8th. You clearly have no experience with around turbo V8s so saying you don't like Turbos makes absolutely 0 sense. They are more efficient gas and power wise when set up right over any blower car. Understanding you are clueless how a turbo build probably works and want to just buy something thats realitively easy to just put on and go is what interest you is a clear indication of the difference between why you would want a blower instead. There's not one Cobra owner on this website who can honestly car after going turbo they wanted their eaton back.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

I haven't seen any here and you getting 2.1 kb 9 psi intercooled kit correct??

Too bad ya need it right now, I've been tossing around the idea of selling my 2.2 in a few months.

Several people have mentioned 2.2 but have to change stock hood or modify hood scoop

Are you trying to not understand or are you just ignorant? You mentioned how nothing compares to a blower sound and I mentioned you never heard a turbo car running 190 in the 1/8th. You clearly have no experience with around turbo V8s so saying you don't like Turbos makes absolutely 0 sense. They are more efficient gas and power wise when set up right over any blower car. Understanding you are clueless how a turbo build probably works and want to just buy something thats realitively easy to just put on and go is what interest you is a clear indication of the difference between why you would want a blower instead. There's not one Cobra owner on this website who can honestly car after going turbo they wanted their eaton back.

I don't like turbo sound. Personal preference. Don't want to hear one run. Just prefer root supercharger over turbo and centrifugal supercharger too. And there probably isn't any cobra owner after putting turbo or kenne bell or whipple or whatever else would want Eaton back. Not just a turbo over Eaton either. Also that boost isn't always there like a roots blower. Do you know how that works? And I'm not install I work at a dealer and know several people outside of there that can do it as well. If I'm buying $5000 worth of stuff I want it done right.

02blownGT

Established Member
He doesnt want a turbo car get over it.....:cryying: . He asked about a blower and you said go turbo :shrug: But thats your opinion and i can respect that.Now move along and quit trashing OPs thread talking about things hes clearly not interested in.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I kid you not the car in that video is the buddy I was referring to in my other posts, trust me that 2.1 screamed. And when he went to 11psi it was even louder.

Users who are viewing this thread