2 Valve Kenne Bell? Worth it?

lwood

Established Member
i just got mine an love it! A lot more power! i just need to find a way to mount a bigger intercooler tank. i have the mach 1000 so i cant move the battery to the trunk since i have a sub in the way. I am looking at the after market tanks that the cobras use that sits right in front of the motor.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Awesome guys. I'm thinking about going back to school and finishing my degree. Should only be a semester or two and can get job at dad's company making double to triple what I am now so I might put this off and then kenne bell really quick after I get out!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ProSport

Established Member
I have an 02' Fobra 2 valve with an intercooled 2.1 KB and LOVE it!!! It has the 6 speed Viper manual and is a blast. Previous owner sent the computer to Kenne Bell to tune it, I've never had it dyno'd or ran it at the track but it runs hard and is alot of fun, never runs hot, good gas mileage, just a fun car. It shows 9.5 psi on the boost gauge.

IMAG0331.jpg

8db788d710534e0cbc2ae7442adb7d63.jpg

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I have an 02' Fobra 2 valve with an intercooled 2.1 KB and LOVE it!!! It has the 6 speed Viper manual and is a blast. Previous owner sent the computer to Kenne Bell to tune it, I've never had it dyno'd or ran it at the track but it runs hard and is alot of fun, never runs hot, good gas mileage, just a fun car. It shows 9.5 psi on the boost gauge.

IMAG0331.jpg

8db788d710534e0cbc2ae7442adb7d63.jpg

Sick looking man. Any other engine work or just kb?

ProSport

Established Member
Sick looking man. Any other engine work or just kb?

Thanks, nothing else done to the motor, when time and money allow I'd like to put some forged parts in the motor and give it more boost but it's not necessary right now, it's just a fun street car with plenty of power.
It does have a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, aluminum driveshaft, aftermarket diff etc etc.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Thanks, nothing else done to the motor, when time and money allow I'd like to put some forged parts in the motor and give it more boost but it's not necessary right now, it's just a fun street car with plenty of power.
It does have a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, aluminum driveshaft, aftermarket diff etc etc.

Yup yup that's I want mine to be a fun daily driver. And I've seen some talks of kb coming out with a 2.8l mammoth next year maybe I can buy a used 2.1 off somebody upgrading to it!!!

01STANG GT

Hey,
Have a 2001 Mustang GT just purchased, I got the car real cheap and was totally unmolested. Would love to look into the Kenne Bell SC and looks like from reading, you have the closets setup I was interested in. Can you describe all of the mods done to your car to fit up the SC? And possibly what this is gonna cost me? Thanks

J_Roc

Established Member
My father-in-law has a Kenne Bell 2.1 on his stock engine, stock exhaust, stock manual transmission (except clutch) 2004 Mustang GT. He installed it years ago and it's still running strong. I know he dyno'd around 390whp/430wtq, and I believe he is running 10psi. He does a couple road course trackdays in it a year, and uses it as a weekend, fun car. He's around 50k miles now, and is starting to consider engine upgrade options, just in case.

I've driven it, and that car is a beast. Feels quite a bit faster than my 2014 GT.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Hey,
Have a 2001 Mustang GT just purchased, I got the car real cheap and was totally unmolested. Would love to look into the Kenne Bell SC and looks like from reading, you have the closets setup I was interested in. Can you describe all of the mods done to your car to fit up the SC? And possibly what this is gonna cost me? Thanks

What is your HP goal? The 2.1 kit is intended to be installed on a basically stock engine. It is a great kit.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Finally broke down and bought a 2.1 kit for my wife's 03 GT. We have been talking about it for the past ten years... Her GT only has 25K miles on it as she has a 2013 SHO she daily drives. She really likes the torque of the twins on the SHO so I think the Kenne Bell kit will be just what she is looking for! The kit should be here this week!

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Hey,

I had an 03 with the 2.1l intercooled kit at 9psi.

Depending on your milage, put in a new fuel pump to be safe, change fuel filter.

DO COMPRESSION TEST ON YOUR CAR FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it has good compression go ahead, if its weak, NOPE

Car needs nothing other than the full kit, works good and pulls like crazy.

But if you ever want more power I would go with a tok teck kit then you can upgrade blower down road and not have to change everything.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread