2 valve eaton swap?

SVTContique

My friends just ordering his TTI kit over the next week or so. Looks like an awesome kit with some good potential for upgrades.

Looks like 9psi is what he is looking for, should be at or near 400whp.

Davemig

Established Member
Nice Job Fastspec1. The 2v guys are really happy that there is a better alternative to going 4v or centri. This a great setup and nice engineering. You guys are doing what KB or Whipple won't...Develop a system for the 2v

Screamin'04

Established Member
Going to the rollers tomorrow... Will have numbers then...

DSCN1766.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg

02saleen

Established Member
+1 that looks good man

now how is the clearance?...can you just make a hole in you gt hood into the fake ram air?....or do you need a new hood?

Screamin'04

Established Member
You could possibly do a hole in your hood. The pully and the IAC are both outside the margins of a factory hood though. You would be better off with a cowl or a cobra hood.

We spent the afternoon tuning it. The short version is that we need to add a second Ford GT pump, and we're going to swap in the Motoblue fuel rails and possibly (depending on how much it'll cost to find and overnight) put some 60lb injectors. We just can't get/keep enough fuel in the damn thing down low where the boost is coming in so quickly. Randy Haywood (Big Wood Racing) said he's never seen anything like it. The second pump would be overkill, but it'll guarentee adequate fuel.

Here is why...

The damn thing makes 371 rwhp and 450 rwtq...... at 3000 RPM and that's at 12 degree's of timing! And, it continues to build power with the more fuel we able add. We didn't even make a full pull on it today... You barely touch the throttle and you've got 10lbs of boost (at less than 2000 RPM) with that 2.80 upper and a 7 inch lower... I'm also going to get a 3.1 pulley. Can't really go much larger because of the idlers.

We'll be retuning again later this week and hopefully keep enough fuel in it. Randy is calling SCT on Monday to double check his multipliers in the tune.

The good news is that this is no longer my primary vehicle. I just bought a truck, so if the bottom end lasts 6 months, I'll be happy to put new forged one together with some ported heads and look for a whipple...

Last edited:

red347

Banned
Just as an update (I haven't been here in a while) with Stage II heads (Fox Lake) and Stage I cams, I hear that an East Coast customer is now making 575 rwhp x 590 rwt at 18 pounds of boost. I am waiting for the Dyno sheet to arrive. Not bad for an M112.

Screamin'04

Established Member
Final numbers on my project were 402/461...

To set the record straight with absolutely no disrespect towards Ron (fastspec1) or his company:

This is not the Tork Tech "kit", it uses a re-engineered Tork Tech proto-type lower (with 20 hours worth of machining time) along with the TT cross-brace and lower pulley everything else is 03/04 components, including the dual pass intercooler and not the single pass with the TT kit. And to be clear, this uses the Eaton M112, not the Magnuson MP112. My intent was to use everything "Take - Off" of the 03/04 Cobra and to do it cheaply with most parts purchased off of here. To date, I have $2,600 and change into this (excluding the braided line and fittings, tuning etc.)... FAR less than any "kit" on the market!

The parameters of this project were to do a cost effective Cobra take-off blower on a stock bottom ended 2 valve GT. While Ron (fastspec1) is focusing on built 2 valves with numbers like 500+ rwhp and 500+ rwtq, that is not the focus behind my intent, nor was it my focus when he decided to incorporate my idea into their product line. This project was for the guys that want affordable horsepower for their stock 2 valve engines. As an added benefit, once you decide to forge the bottom and beef everything up, you can then use any supercharger on the market designed for the 03/04 cobra. While I most certainly appreciate all of Ron's help on this, he was not interested in this route before I approached him, never quite got the point and still keeps pushing the notion that the Magnuson blower is more efficient (which it is).

But that was not and is not the point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6r9hUswh4Y]YouTube - Eaton M112 Blown 2 Valve 2004 Mustang GT[/ame]

Last edited:

Swaie

Established Member
So how much is the is the TTI kit with everything but the supercharger. I want to use the 03 cobra supercharger. And also the Torktech kit with everything but the supercharger?

evanjp

Established Member
hey guys i just joined this forum because of this thread on the tork tech cobra eaton swap. im interested in doing the swap, and ive been researching my bum off about the swap kit from tork tech and i have a couple of questions. screamin 04gt, if you didnt use the tork tech manifold for the eaton m112 (cobra) supercharger, what one are you using? did you just make one or something? and fastspec1, Ron, with the eaton swap, what are all of the necessary components i would need to successfully install the entire thing? i'm not looking for big boost or huge numbers, i just want to run the supercharger on my completely stock 02 4.6. and would i have to build up my engine for the swap? i wasn't trying to spend a crank-ton of money for the complete kit you guys offer, but the cobra swap has been engraved in my head and i think that is what i'm set on doing with my car. please let me know about these, email or PM me.

red347

Banned
This one has the TTI kit, that replaced the M90 that was on this Saleen. A 9.5 inch lower, 3 inch upper, ported heads and Stage II cams. Good clutch, heavy duty input and output shaft on the gear box, but basically stock suspension. A liitle port work was done on the supercharger as well.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxy65H0kPG0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- George[/ame]

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread