2 valve eaton swap?

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
anyone done this, or have a link to doing a 2 valve eaton swap off of a 03/04 cobra...

Looking for tech advise of a link from a tech thread to show how this is done.

NA97GT

Established Member
AS far as I know there is no write ups becasue no one does it.
it would take lots and lots of money and custom fabrication for limited results. Thats why everyone just buys vortech or kb kits.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
yep Stock motor with air filter and tune.

hey do you know if, with that kit, you could upgrade to a KB or whipple? I mean could you buy the cobra twin screw upgrade, and bolt it in place of the eaton? Oh and I just checked, it looks like the price has dropped to $4300 since last week. If it drops anymore I may be looking to go that route if you can upgrade to twin screw..... oh its torque tech

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
hey do you know if, with that kit, you could upgrade to a KB or whipple? I mean could you buy the cobra twin screw upgrade, and bolt it in place of the eaton? Oh and I just checked, it looks like the price has dropped to $4300 since last week. If it drops anymore I may be looking to go that route if you can upgrade to twin screw..... oh its torque tech
yep its fast specialties. they will be lowering the price by 1000 by mid december hopefully. And to answer your question, yes you can put any cobra supercharger in place of the eaton.

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
i beleive also if anyone cares. supersix motorsports is also making a kit so it will fit on the 2v split port v6 3.8's. it is an intake adapter that will be able to have the m112 mounted to it.

last guy who got it on with stock pulley made like 270rwhp 290rwtq. or something like that.

just thought i would throw that in there.

thanks.

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
k ill talk to my boss, maybe get you a good price on shipping :banana:

Is your "sponsor" the one thats marketing this item on mod fords in the 2v section? says its comin gout soon, in testing or something.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Hey I just checked and that Tork Tech kit uses a Magnuson blower with Eaton rotors. So its actually a completely different blower than what they put on 03/04 cobras. I would buy one if it were upgradeable to a cobra twin screw unit. If that were possible then I could put a whipple 3.4 on it and make mad power for something like 6 grand total. The 2.8 KB kit for a 2v car is $8k installed and tuned. So the torque tech kit could save someone about $2k if theyre looking for a big hp 2v twin screw setup.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Hey I just checked and that Tork Tech kit uses a Magnuson blower with Eaton rotors. So its actually a completely different blower than what they put on 03/04 cobras. I would buy one if it were upgradeable to a cobra twin screw unit. If that were possible then I could put a whipple 3.4 on it and make mad power for something like 6 grand total. The 2.8 KB kit for a 2v car is $8k installed and tuned. So the torque tech kit could save someone about $2k if theyre looking for a big hp 2v twin screw setup.

dont know where you saw that? our test car uses a lightning blower, dont know who told you this a magnuson because its not lol.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
dont know where you saw that? our test car uses a lightning blower, dont know who told you this a magnuson because its not lol.

This is quoted from a post on Corral.net......

"You should be able to squeeze somewhere between 350 and 400 rwhp. Enough to hurt the stock bottom if you're not careful. The Tork Tech unit though, uses a Magnuson Gen V blower with Eaton rotors. It's a different unit all together than the the M112's even though it looks similar. The Eaton M112's won't bolt up to the manifold, so you're back to a proprietary blower. However, dollar for dollar it's still a good price for sure.

My thoughts though are to tap into all of these take off Cobra Eatons that are floating around, and then have something that's scaleable with someone when they can go through the bottom end (IE, switch to a Whipple or KB without having to "re-buy" everything)..."

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=974784
was he incorrect?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Oh and here is a pic of the Eaton M112. You can see how it does look a little different

cobra eaton
DSC01583.jpg

tork tech
topsupercharger.jpg

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
whoever wrote that up is false, because i have seen our setup and it is indeed an 03 cobra supercharger on it, you should see the kits up in a week or 2 with the 03 cobra supercharger on it.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
whoever wrote that up is false, because i have seen our setup and it is indeed an 03 cobra supercharger on it, you should see the kits up in a week or 2 with the 03 cobra supercharger on it.

well im going to keep a close eye on it. Id like to see someone else run one or some vids or something before I buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread