2 valve eaton swap?

red347

Banned
It does look like you are making good progress. The kit is making good progress, and if you have been watching the results, the numbers for the Magnuson have been nothing short of impressive. The first castings of the Generation 2 have been made. We are also waiting on the new inter cooler from our supplier. Go figure.

Ron

bms001

Established Member
I'm trying to get everything together so that I can use Tork Tech's supercharger-less kit so I can use the 03-04 eaton on my 2v. My question is they say I need the rest of the intake. I've asked all the people I know that might know, but we can't really find the name of it or where to find it. I know the intercooler is under the blower, but where can I find the intercooler, and the "rest of the intake." And what is it called. It's driving me insane. Thanks guys.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I wish prices on the kit would drop dramatically, if that happened I would sell my vortech right away and switch over, but just the manifold alone is soo expensive.

bms001

Established Member
BMS001...you have an e-mail.

Monday I can't call. I have too much to get done before I go out of town, but I'm going to be calling Tork Tech when I get back. I'll let you know whats up then.

I wish prices on the kit would drop dramatically, if that happened I would sell my vortech right away and switch over, but just the manifold alone is soo expensive.

Dude...I did not think I would find you over here. It's Cricket from MM.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Monday I can't call. I have too much to get done before I go out of town, but I'm going to be calling Tork Tech when I get back. I'll let you know whats up then.

Dude...I did not think I would find you over here. It's Cricket from MM.

Ohh hey man! Yeah I post on pretty much all the forums. I post the most here, MM, and i'm a Mod on ModFords.

bms001

Established Member
Ohh hey man! Yeah I post on pretty much all the forums. I post the most here, MM, and i'm a Mod on ModFords.

Thats cool. I came here because I felt these guys would have a better understanding of what I want to do.

Got a goal for the GT now. I can't afford a cobra, so I decided to turn the GT into what I think Ford should have built.

Decided to just buy the whole Tork Tech Kit when I get the money.

The Tork Tech kit is a really awesome kit from what I have read, just need to get my hands on it so I can finally figure all of it out.

TClark22

Established Member
i wish whipple just made a kit for the 2v...i dont understand why they never did...

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
im still interested in this, but id like to have a complete list of what exactly is needed for the swap besides what comes in the tork tech kit. Im willing to piece it together and get it going on my GT

bms001

Established Member
lol just to let you know, fastspec1 IS the owner of Tork Tech.

...oh... Well then. I now need to get some exhaust work done. I had to cut off a pipe because I don't have a jack lift. So once thats all done, and my concussion is gone from my muffler cutting my head open, and knocking me out...I'll give him a call. After I get back from being out of town of course.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The tork tech kit uses a rear inlet magnuson M112 blower, and not the cobra 112. This is good, because the inlet on the cobra blower is too restrictive.

Well, just looked at their site, and see they offer it either way.

Last edited:

Bluebullit

Established Member
sounds like a cool kit but i wouldnt waist the money on a m112 i would just find a used whipple or kb and then you would have a nice set up

but yeah i dont know whipple never made anything for use lil 2V guys :( haters

red347

Banned
sounds like a cool kit but i wouldnt waist the money on a m112 i would just find a used whipple or kb and then you would have a nice set up

but yeah i dont know whipple never made anything for use lil 2V guys :( haters

The TTI was designed for the average DD that is simply looking for a 150-160 horse jump on a STOCK engine. No need to do rods, pistons, and a rebuild. Maybe that extra 2 to 2.5 grand is not in the budget.
Having said that, if they do upgrade to stronger internals, new clutch etc. some ported heads, maybe some Stage 1 cams, ok, turn up the boost. At ONLY 12 pounds the Gen 5 M112 is producing 500 rwhp.
The company got a TON of e-mails about customers wanting to use e-bay 03-04 Cobra Eatons. Made sense. So a manifold is available. But, here was the catch. The 03-04 Cobra has a separate and much larger pulley mounted on the damper. The GT's have a combination damper/pulley that is only 6 1/4 inches. No matter how small you made the upper pulley, max boost would be about 5-6 pounds. So with the manifold you need a cross/idler assembly brace and a secondary crank pulley and all the other accessories to relocate the alt. etc
The TTI kit also moves the blower forward, so the inlet is HUGE, with a smooth transition into the blower and it runs on it's own 8 rib blower belt. So what we have, is a smaller blower (1.83L) actually making more power than a 2.1L, and at less boost. Enough power to break rods, pistons, blocks and clutches. So 9 pounds is about it. Last thing TTI wanted was a bunch of engines turn into "toast".

Bluebullit

Established Member
The TTI was designed for the average DD that is simply looking for a 150-160 horse jump on a STOCK engine. No need to do rods, pistons, and a rebuild. Maybe that extra 2 to 2.5 grand is not in the budget.
Having said that, if they do upgrade to stronger internals, new clutch etc. some ported heads, maybe some Stage 1 cams, ok, turn up the boost. At ONLY 12 pounds the Gen 5 M112 is producing 500 rwhp.
The company got a TON of e-mails about customers wanting to use e-bay 03-04 Cobra Eatons. Made sense. So a manifold is available. But, here was the catch. The 03-04 Cobra has a separate and much larger pulley mounted on the damper. The GT's have a combination damper/pulley that is only 6 1/4 inches. No matter how small you made the upper pulley, max boost would be about 5-6 pounds. So with the manifold you need a cross/idler assembly brace and a secondary crank pulley and all the other accessories to relocate the alt. etc
The TTI kit also moves the blower forward, so the inlet is HUGE, with a smooth transition into the blower and it runs on it's own 8 rib blower belt. So what we have, is a smaller blower (1.83L) actually making more power than a 2.1L, and at less boost. Enough power to break rods, pistons, blocks and clutches. So 9 pounds is about it. Last thing TTI wanted was a bunch of engines turn into "toast".

i mean dont get me wrong the set up sounds amazing and its long over due cause im sure if i could have got that set up when i built my motor and got my vortech i sure would have jumped on cause nothing sounds better than an Eaton scream thats for sure. i was just stating its a good kit to where you can run it the way it is if you decided to build the motor and then you could find you a whipple or KB to run the higher boost levels with the second crank pulley set up.

everything looks sweet thats for sure :beer:

but im sure it will be a while till i see a GT with one where i live

red347

Banned
i mean dont get me wrong the set up sounds amazing and its long over due cause im sure if i could have got that set up when i built my motor and got my vortech i sure would have jumped on cause nothing sounds better than an Eaton scream thats for sure. i was just stating its a good kit to where you can run it the way it is if you decided to build the motor and then you could find you a whipple or KB to run the higher boost levels with the second crank pulley set up.

everything looks sweet thats for sure :beer:

but im sure it will be a while till i see a GT with one where i live

Thanks for the positive remarks. I don't think it's a matter of turning up the boost levels. Nobody has really had an engine, where they felt safe to keep cranking on it. So they don't know yet what it would do at 16-18-20 pounds. As I'm sure you know, there are a lot of 03-04 Cobra's and Lightnings running around out there making 18-20 pounds of boost with stock Gen 4 Eaton's or ported Steigemeiers on them.
The Whipple's and KB's are just larger displacement blowers. It's the old, well if your not making enough power, go up in size. 2.1 to 2.3 to 2.6 to 3.0 and so on. How about...make the inlet more efficient, make the inter cooler more efficient, the new 60 degree helix, 3 lobe rotors work better etc.

Bluebullit

Established Member
Thanks for the positive remarks. I don't think it's a matter of turning up the boost levels. Nobody has really had an engine, where they felt safe to keep cranking on it. So they don't know yet what it would do at 16-18-20 pounds. As I'm sure you know, there are a lot of 03-04 Cobra's and Lightnings running around out there making 18-20 pounds of boost with stock Gen 4 Eaton's or ported Steigemeiers on them.
The Whipple's and KB's are just larger displacement blowers. It's the old, well if your not making enough power, go up in size. 2.1 to 2.3 to 2.6 to 3.0 and so on. How about...make the inlet more efficient, make the inter cooler more efficient, the new 60 degree helix, 3 lobe rotors work better etc.

yep thats why i went with a vortech cause i love the pull of it plus the efficiency compared to the twin screws and roots but i love the loo of the blower on top of the motor cause something about a blower setting in front just looks goofy some times lol

Screamin'04

Established Member
My take on this when I contacted Ron at TTI was that the M112 Eaton makes a perfect blower for a "Stock" bottom ended 2 valve. Then, down the road when the budget permits going through the bottom end, you can simply bolt on a Whipple or a KB... Plus, we have all of those take off Eatons floating around. At the time, I was driving 180 miles a day to work and back and couldn't justify putting an expensive blower on the car and racking up the miles on it. With the take off Eatons, a replacement was only 400 +/- away if needed...

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
i wish whipple just made a kit for the 2v...i dont understand why they never did...

They did, it was the saleen series IV blower

178-613b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread