2 valve eaton swap?

red347

Banned
One more point I should make about the TTI setup. It was built with upgrades in mind. If you look at the intake, the center section and intake runners are actually cast as 3 pieces. Then assembled. So if you want to install the kit on a 5.4L, for $189.95 you can purchase some spacer block, and it will drop onto the 5.4L. 3 valve? Buy the 3 valve runners, 4 valve...buy the 4V runners. So the next ride you purchase, take it with you. The blower becomes portable. No need to spend another 5-7K for the new blower for the new car. We all know you rarely get back what we have all invested in our performance upgrades. Something to think about...put a 5.4L in the Mustang...hmmm.

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
Ron, you have my email, and you have my attention on the new lower intake. Lets work something out.... I have everything needed to make it roll..... plus it'll get chromed..... :D

Eric91Z

Established Member
any more updates on this? I really like the idea. I have a couple more questions that a 2V kit specific, but not Mustang specific:

1) Any chance of an alternate TB-to-blower intake tube that routes out on the driver's side so the kit can be used on the 2V Panther cars?

2) Any chance of this clearing the factory hood on a Crown Vic or would it require a cowl hood on the Crown Vic, too?

3) I think I read that part of the modular intake is that it can go from a 2V to a 4V motor, is that correct? If so, I assume that if I swapped in a a DOHC 4V 4.6 that I could get adapters and in turn transfer the blower from the 2V to the 4V motor?

Thanks for the input. Just looking for some further information. And, yes, everything I have heard confirms that AED is no more so currently there is no positive displacement "roots" style blower for us 2V Panther owners and those really are a great setup to get these big cars moving without doing steeper gears and bigger stall torque converter.

Thanks.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
any more updates on this? I really like the idea. I have a couple more questions that a 2V kit specific, but not Mustang specific:

1) Any chance of an alternate TB-to-blower intake tube that routes out on the driver's side so the kit can be used on the 2V Panther cars?

2) Any chance of this clearing the factory hood on a Crown Vic or would it require a cowl hood on the Crown Vic, too?

3) I think I read that part of the modular intake is that it can go from a 2V to a 4V motor, is that correct? If so, I assume that if I swapped in a a DOHC 4V 4.6 that I could get adapters and in turn transfer the blower from the 2V to the 4V motor?

Thanks for the input. Just looking for some further information. And, yes, everything I have heard confirms that AED is no more so currently there is no positive displacement "roots" style blower for us 2V Panther owners and those really are a great setup to get these big cars moving without doing steeper gears and bigger stall torque converter.

Thanks.

its already been finished for like 4 months lol. You can go on their site and order one.

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah but the sad thing is your going to have to build the motor due to the compression being to high in a gt. now you can spend "4200" for this kit or just buy a votech system is much more safe on the stock compression even though if you plan on feeding a lot of boost down your tb your gonna have to build it.... oh and not to mention your gonna have heat soak just like the cobras do. now its a cool set up but you gonna be running neck to neck with the saleen and rousch blowers so once its all said and done just get a centrifugal and you will me more efficient. i have a vortech on 7 psi on a built motor with ported heads and cams and i made 420 rwhp. now my best friend has a cobra that makes 460 rwhp and he has a 2.8 upper and weight reduction and full bolt on's now he is at 15 psi and he cant put more than a car on me on his best day. so just imagine if i was to run 15 psi how bad i would beat him. come one i hope no one waste their money on this kit!

red347

Banned
On a completely stock engine, other than good rods and pistons, the TTI kit made 420 rwhp and 440 rwhp on VP103. Stock heads, stock exhaust etc. 3.1 upper, 7 inch lower. Better clutch. At the track the 2003 GT ran against a supercharged 2006 GTO. On street tires the 03 GT ran a 13.09 at 107.96 MPH. The GTO ran a 12.46 at 107.49. The GTO had a 1.85 60 foot on slicks, while the 03 GT could only get a 2.26 60 foot on street tires. Better MPH...traction limited. Drag radials are on order.

Bluebullit

Established Member
now the only down side to doing head work on a gt with a vortech you lose your tq but you gain the hp and everything flows better. so its nice having the instant boost but i wouldnt trade my vortech for that thats for sure

red347

Banned
Here is the latest on a Tork Tech kit installed on a 99 Saleen. Good internals, good flowing heads, headers and mild cams.
george.jpg

This was on pump gas. Boost levels are noted. Next week he is going to a 9 inch lower instead of the 7 inch. Pulley sizes are also noted. Any guesses on power?
93 degrees outside and 27% humidity.

Ron

BLK93GT

Established Member
Here is the latest on a Tork Tech kit installed on a 99 Saleen. Good internals, good flowing heads, headers and mild cams.
george.jpg

This was on pump gas. Boost levels are noted. Next week he is going to a 9 inch lower instead of the 7 inch. Pulley sizes are also noted. Any guesses on power?
93 degrees outside and 27% humidity.

Ron

Thats impressive power..whats the specs on the motor? Any pics?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
yeah but the sad thing is your going to have to build the motor due to the compression being to high in a gt. now you can spend "4200" for this kit or just buy a votech system is much more safe on the stock compression even though if you plan on feeding a lot of boost down your tb your gonna have to build it.... oh and not to mention your gonna have heat soak just like the cobras do. now its a cool set up but you gonna be running neck to neck with the saleen and rousch blowers so once its all said and done just get a centrifugal and you will me more efficient. i have a vortech on 7 psi on a built motor with ported heads and cams and i made 420 rwhp. now my best friend has a cobra that makes 460 rwhp and he has a 2.8 upper and weight reduction and full bolt on's now he is at 15 psi and he cant put more than a car on me on his best day. so just imagine if i was to run 15 psi how bad i would beat him. come one i hope no one waste their money on this kit!
LOL please actually know what your talking about before talking out of your ass please. The gt stock 99-00 Comes with a compression ratio of 9.2:1, and the 01-04 come with a compression ratio of 9.7:1. Those are both PERFECT for boosted applications. So before you post please dont post false information.

red347

Banned
Thats impressive power..whats the specs on the motor? Any pics?
No pics yet. I have asked them to send some. I saw on SVT Snake.com that there were quite a few people there watching, so I hope someone has some pictures or maybe a video. All I know about the engine is that it is stock C/R and has good flowing heads and Stage II cams. He is going to have to go to a larger injector, but even then, the shop believes it can still be done on pump gas. As far as heat soak, this is NOT a Cobra blower. It is the new Generation 5. In all the testing, with back to back to back runs, the IAT has never gone over 145.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

wcjr

Established Member
i would like to order one for the mach if they come out with an affordable option for the 4v...

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
Well, I finished reading this thread, and a few others on different websites, and I just wanna confirm if I just bought the Tork Tech manifold, could I then buy a Whipple or Kenne Bell which is designed for the 4v Cobra and bolt it on to that? If that's the case, I think I could actually save money AND get a good blower, mainly if I went with Whipple and bought it through Hilbish or Tousley Ford! :bowdown:

Lastly, would my '03/'04 Cobra hood be enough clearance? Thanks!

Screamin'04

Established Member
I haven't spoken with Ron lately so I don't know if he's done with his Gen 2 (redesign) production run. I have one of the original prototypes and I'm just waiting on my fabricator to finish up the innercooler. It's a small project for them so it's like bottom priority (unfortunately)... But, yes, when you complete, you would be able to use any blower designed for the terminator...

Image0000.jpg

Image0001.jpg

Image0002.jpg

Image0004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread