2 valve beatdowns

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
yep. how fast were the 94-95's? how bout the 96-98's? yea, slow as f**k. even the S197's are underpowered but they pick up a lot with simple stuff. and new edge GT's were capable of HIGH 13's at best stock. if u want a 2v get a chevy. 281 cubes with 2v's and shitty head flow does nothing.

2v mod motors are a waste of time for the money u put into them to make them fast go 3v or 4v and just run that much faster. and when u say they are cheaper, well get a fox, thats cheaper yet.

You sir, are dumb.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Who me? I'm over 600 at the wheels. Though all I have to do is take out my restrictorplate and ill be at over 700.

What are you driving, a nascar car as a DD?? :lol1:

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
it has big and little's,auto,c&l plen.75mm TB,intake,x pipe,dumped flows,100shot

it went 7.72 @ 92 in the 1/8 with a 1.8,60ft stock stall FTL

I see. No weight reduction besides the bigs/littles?

Throw a stall and it will really wake that thing up.

On a side note......

There seems to alot of 2valve hating and a little nutswinging going on here lol. I had a built GT and Ill be honest and tell anyone I will NEVER go that route again. To get a 2valve up there in power just requires too much IMO. With that said, they are still a great car. I loved that GT and still like all GT's. I just wouldnt buy one with performance being a focus. To call them "worthless" and so on is just BS. Stopsign and that 02GTP idiot(was a Burnzillla fan Stop.......you dont want in with this guy) need to chill.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I see. No weight reduction besides the bigs/littles?

Throw a stall and it will really wake that thing up.

On a side note......

There seems to alot of 2valve hating and a little nutswinging going on here lol. I had a built GT and Ill be honest and tell anyone I will NEVER go that route again. To get a 2valve up there in power just requires too much IMO. With that said, they are still a great car. I loved that GT and still like all GT's. I just wouldnt buy one with performance being a focus. To call them "worthless" and so on is just BS. Stopsign and that 02GTP idiot(was a Burnzillla fan Stop.......you dont want in with this guy) need to chill.

Exactly, cheers to someone who actually knows what they are talking about:beer:

2Vs CAN be made quick, but it takes a bit more than it does with other mustang platforms.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
I wish I would have held on to my 00 GT so it could be my DD and I'd keep the Cobra in the garage for the nice sunny days. I had all the usual boltons you can do, plus full exhaust. I loved the exhaust note and if I didn't sell it, it would have a nice h/c/i + NOS combo, nothing too crazy. Nice runs OP

Devil_Z

Established Member
Devil Z, if I recall correctly I think you use to have a sig up and you have like a procharged c5 z06 with something around 660rwhp correct?
I have noticed you calling a lot of cars slow in these threads, and I am just curious as Thaited was as to what your car is and has done to it?

He's never coming down here so it's just e flexing going on. I wonder if there is any race vids of this vett?
It would be pretty hard to do right now considering I'm in Iraq.

What are you driving, a nascar car as a DD?? :lol1:
03' z06 with a paxton novi 2000 supercharger kit, longtube headers, alcohol injection, spec stage 3+ clutch, a few other things.
I still get an easy 26 mpg on highway so having 600 rwhp isn't really a problem.

My novi pushes 8-9 psi, I have a restrictor plate limiting the airflow to the novi because it's my DD. If I take it out and up the alochol then it pushes 15 psi == 750ish rwhp.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
03' z06 with a paxton novi 2000 supercharger kit, longtube headers, alcohol injection, spec stage 3+ clutch, a few other things.
I still get an easy 26 mpg on highway so having 600 rwhp isn't really a problem.

My novi pushes 8-9 psi, I have a restrictor plate limiting the airflow to the novi because it's my DD. If I take it out and up the alochol then it pushes 15 psi == 750ish rwhp.

So where does this restrictor plate go? And why would you have it installed? I guess im just confused here. Usually if you have a 15lb pulley on it, you can put a smaller wastegate spring in it to reduce boost, Ive never heard of any C5 guys using restrictor plates. Thats nascar/rail car shit.

What kind of alcohol setup is on it? Most of the guys around here are running a meth setup..

In for vids/pics of said car

Last edited:

whipplesnake

Established Member
It would be pretty hard to do right now considering I'm in Iraq.

Thank you for serving our Country.......Like I said you coming to Tampa to race someone is not going to happen.
By the way, it sounds like you have some very nice rides.

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
I was asking 700 about your car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually mustangs need about 100rwhp to keep up/beat with a z06 due to weight/aeordynamics.

I also have to thank Devil_Z for protecting our country.

Devil_Z

Established Member
So where does this restrictor plate go? And why would you have it installed? I guess im just confused here. Usually if you have a 15lb pulley on it, you can put a smaller wastegate spring in it to reduce boost, Ive never heard of any C5 guys using restrictor plates. Thats nascar/rail car shit.

What kind of alcohol setup is on it? Most of the guys around here are running a meth setup..

In for vids/pics of said car
It's just after the air filter before the inlet tube to the blower.

And you're right, it's a meth setup as well. :beer:

Restrictor_Plate_Installed-1.gif
:burnout:

Simply put, a restrictor plate limits the maximum boost a given head unit can flow/generate/produce. Restrictor plates allow a user to employ a smaller pulley, thereby generating a greater level of boost (flow of air) in low and mid RPM ranges, and still limit the maximum flow of air/boost (in an effort to prevent a motor from experiencing an elevated level of boost which a motor may not be able to safely handle at higher RPMs).

For example, let's say I have a Procharger D-1 head unit with a 4.10" pulley with a maximum boost level of 8 psi at 6,500 RPM. Let's assume that in this example that at 3,000 RPM I am generating 3.5 pounds of boost and 250 RWHP and 300 RWTQ. Let's also assume that I want to have better low end performance (greater low end TQ and HP). The solution to my problem is to get a smaller pulley, say a 3.8" pulley, which may generate 5 lbs of boost at 3,000 RPM instead of the 3.5 lbs associated with the larger 4.1" pulley, and as a result increase my HP from 250 to 300 at 3,000 RPM, and increase of my TQ from 300 to 350 at the same 3,000 RPM level.

To the other poster. I think I'm going to be near Tampa in Aug for that Rockstar/Mayhem Fest thing, I just wasn't planning on taking my car.

Ford Ampitheater is near Tampa right?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
It's just after the air filter before the inlet tube to the blower.

And you're right, it's a meth setup as well. :beer:

Restrictor_Plate_Installed-1.gif
:burnout:

Simply put, a restrictor plate limits the maximum boost a given head unit can flow/generate/produce. Restrictor plates allow a user to employ a smaller pulley, thereby generating a greater level of boost (flow of air) in low and mid RPM ranges, and still limit the maximum flow of air/boost (in an effort to prevent a motor from experiencing an elevated level of boost which a motor may not be able to safely handle at higher RPMs).

For example, let's say I have a Procharger D-1 head unit with a 4.10" pulley with a maximum boost level of 8 psi at 6,500 RPM. Let's assume that in this example that at 3,000 RPM I am generating 3.5 pounds of boost and 250 RWHP and 300 RWTQ. Let's also assume that I want to have better low end performance (greater low end TQ and HP). The solution to my problem is to get a smaller pulley, say a 3.8" pulley, which may generate 5 lbs of boost at 3,000 RPM instead of the 3.5 lbs associated with the larger 4.1" pulley, and as a result increase my HP from 250 to 300 at 3,000 RPM, and increase of my TQ from 300 to 350 at the same 3,000 RPM level.

To the other poster. I think I'm going to be near Tampa in Aug for that Rockstar/Mayhem Fest thing, I just wasn't planning on taking my car.

Ford Ampitheater is near Tampa right?

Interesting. Usually people just slap a smaller pulley on it and let it eat lol. Seems like a good setup on paper, but wouldnt it put additional stress on the headunit with the "block" in flow??

4.6pimp

Established Member
Its a 331cid motor and yes it is very mild. The camshaft is a hydr roller cam with less than 580lift on it, this is on pump gas, and less than 11.1 compression. If you want SAE numbers take a few off the dyno. :shrug: Doesn't matter to me. This pull was after 6 or 7 hot pulls with not much cool down time. Also I've got a set of 2 chamber chokemasters on the car. I could easily go with a better flowing muffler and some 1.7 RRs and get the car around 465-470rwhp. The only thing the 2v mod motor has over the 302 is a better block. Also my stock 302 (not the 331 but the 130k mile 302) made 480rwhp with 8psi of boost. No 2v is going to do that either.

Stopsign32v you have more money in heads then he has in all the mods on his car. So how is the big cube motor cheaper then what he is doing!! I'm willing to bet that you have at least 4000 in your motor. I would also go out on limb and say if your motor is putting down those #'s that you have about half the price of his car under your hood. I had a 4,000 GT40 crate motor that only put down 285 and 320 with H/C/I in my coupe. Now put that same amount of money in a 2V and you could have 400 rwhp with a SC or turbo. The fact is if he had a stall and 150 he would probably be right on you a$$ at the track for a lot less money. As far as NA vs NA push rods RULE!!!!!!!!! The LS1 has shown that.

Devil_Z

Established Member
Thank you for serving our Country.......Like I said you coming to Tampa to race someone is not going to happen.
By the way, it sounds like you have some very nice rides.

I also have to thank Devil_Z for protecting our country.

Hey guys, thanks. It's no biggie though, just doing my job to be honest. I wouldn't even have mentioned it, but its the only excuse I got lol.

Devil_Z

Established Member
Interesting. Usually people just slap a smaller pulley on it and let it eat lol. Seems like a good setup on paper, but wouldnt it put additional stress on the headunit with the "block" in flow??

The restrictor plate allows for higher boost levels via a smaller pulley, and therefore higher HP and TQ levels, in low and mid RPM levels, without having to contend with too much boost at higher RPM levels (by limiting the maximum flow of the head unit).

Being that my car is a DD and I put atleast 12k miles on it a year I don't want to run too high of boost so the restrictor plate is perfect for my application. =)

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
The restrictor plate allows for higher boost levels via a smaller pulley, and therefore higher HP and TQ levels, in low and mid RPM levels, without having to contend with too much boost at higher RPM levels (by limiting the maximum flow of the head unit).

Being that my car is a DD and I put atleast 12k miles on it a year I don't want to run too high of boost so the restrictor plate is perfect for my application. =)

Yeah I get that, I guess I just phrased the question wrong. Lol, nm.

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member

Pretty interested, I never even thought of this theory but it makes a lot of sense after you showed a picture and described it...
Has your car ever been down the 1/4 mile? So that Z is your daily driver right.... what is the weekend warrior?!?

Devil_Z

Established Member
Pretty interested, I never even thought of this theory but it makes a lot of sense after you showed a picture and described it...
Has your car ever been down the 1/4 mile? So that Z is your daily driver right.... what is the weekend warrior?!?
Hmm as far as I know there aren't any 1/4 mile tracks near Sav, I was gonna see if there were any near Columbia since I drive up there alot. Lol at the DD/WW statement. Its both really...I'm just waiting for my engine to blow so I can put in a nice forged one and crank the boost up to 19 psi or so, then I'll just drive it on the weekends or whatever. I have a few other vehicles (nothing special by any means) but I just enjoy driving this car so much they never get driven.

Users who are viewing this thread