2 valve beatdowns

whipplesnake

Established Member
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2003-cobra-VS-199-mustang_687019.htm"]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2003-cobra-VS-199-mustang_687019.htm[/ame]

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
So a 1999 2v GT with bolt ons, 4.30 gears (not sure why), and a 100 shot pulled a LS1 like its tied to a building, hangs with a 415rwhp 03 Cobra, then can't outrun a Fox with a 306 that probably only makes 340rwhp? Am I the only one that things the whole truth isn't being told here?

A 99 GT with bolt ons and a 100 shot would still be dog slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

TH35TH

Established Member
So a 1999 2v GT with bolt ons, 4.30 gears (not sure why), and a 100 shot pulled a LS1 like its tied to a building, hangs with a 415rwhp 03 Cobra, then can't outrun a Fox with a 306 that probably only makes 340rwhp? Am I the only one that things the whole truth isn't being told here?

A 99 GT with bolt ons and a 100 shot would still be dog slow.

im the owner of the 2V
and the bottle was very low when i raced the fox i had been racing all night ,and the 4.30s are in it cause it was going to be a all motor 2v than i just put a kit in it but yes its only a zex 100 shot

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
That GT does seem unusually fast. I would have expected teh LS1 to atleast hang better than that. Driver mod?

What are some other details on the car? Weight reduction? Auto or manual?

TH35TH

Established Member
That GT does seem unusually fast. I would have expected teh LS1 to atleast hang better than that. Driver mod?

What are some other details on the car? Weight reduction? Auto or manual?

it has big and little's,auto,c&l plen.75mm TB,intake,x pipe,dumped flows,100shot

it went 7.72 @ 92 in the 1/8 with a 1.8,60ft stock stall FTL

TH35TH

Established Member
this is me and the z28 before the big and little's
it had 17s with BALD ass nittos on it i could not hook up at all

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1999-mustang-GT-VS-1999_646164.htm]1999 mustang GT VS 1999 Z28- Video[/ame]

Stopsign32v

Established Member
it has big and little's,auto,c&l plen.75mm TB,intake,x pipe,dumped flows,100shot

it went 7.72 @ 92 in the 1/8 with a 1.8,60ft stock stall FTL

Sorry I definately gotta call BS

Correct me if I am wrong but a 99 GT is a non PI headed car right? So you are telling me a bolt on PI headed 2v (auto at that) with a 100 shot should run mid 7's on an average 60'? :dw:

And a 100 shot on a bolt on GT is more than safe for the shortblock so lets say you upped the shot to 150...You would have a bolt on automatic 99 GT that would run low 7's or high 6's? :dw:

Last edited by a moderator:

TH35TH

Established Member

Correct me if I am wrong but a 99 GT is a non PI headed car right? So you are telling me a bolt on PI headed 2v (auto at that) with a 100 shot should run mid 7's on an average 60'? :dw:

And a 100 shot on a bolt on GT is more than safe for the shortblock so lets say you upped the shot to 150...You would have a bolt on automatic 99 GT that would run low 7's or high 6's? :dw:

your calling BS on something you no nothing about,,99 gt's are PI head cars and yes with a stall and a 150 it will go low 7s high 6s its set up for the 1/8 mile key hint (4.30s) but the motor will not hold that much spray i drive the car everyday and it has 100,000 miles on so im not running a 150 i would love to but i got to get to work some how

Last edited:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Whats done to the car/how much nitrous is being used.

This is my bro in laws car

Every car that is associated with me is fast, that's just how it is.

The car has exactly what he has said, and is a strong runner....I actually think it should be faster, as my 99GT I had was faster with the same mods. And like already stated, which is incredibly stupid on your behalf....99+ 2V's are PI....

The bottom line is, his car is efficient with his gearing, and when it hooks.....it will beat or hang with cars that are comparable or "faster"

Instead of looking like and idiot (you are, because you are wrong)....you could simply just post "Nice kills/races" To come on here doubting a car, and being wrong....just shows how ignorant you are.

Last edited:

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member

:bash::poke::nonono::dw:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Here is the same car, with 100 Nitrous jets AND 125 FUEL JET.....so...90shot? I know because I installed the pills....and took the vid.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1999-Mustang-GT-VS-EVO-18_682532.htm]1999 Mustang GT VS Mitsubishi EVO - 1/8 mile- Video[/ame]

ralvarez

Established Member
i dont know why that guy is hating on the 2v, but i agree he did sound pretty dumb saying a 99 is a non-pi. some people just underestimate the 2v and when a bad ass 2v beats some cars they are quick to pull the BS flag instead of giving props!
what makes it even worse is that it's another mustang owner!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
2V on a 100 shot with some weight taken out of it will do mid-high 7's on good tire. THink about it, his 7.7 run is a low 12 second 1/4(on average). Nothing shady/wierd about that at all, nor is it a rediculously fast claim. And 99GT's are PI motors. 99-04=PI, 96-98=Non-PI.

Nice runs OP! Makes me wish i kept my auto 01GT..

I know you stated your mods before, but what else is done, converter/suspension etc? And is it a manual valvebody, or do you just shift it yourself?

Last edited:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Lol, that made me laugh. Unfortunately you and your bro in laws cars are still very slow. :rolleyes:

Would you like to put your money where your mouth is? You are not very far from where my car resides. PM me if you're down.

2V on a 100 shot with some weight taken out of it will do mid-high 7's on good tire. THink about it, his 7.7 run is a low 12 second 1/4(on average). Nothing shady/wierd about that at all, nor is it a rediculously fast claim. And 99GT's are PI motors. 99-04=PI, 96-98=Non-PI.

Nice runs OP! Makes me wish i kept my auto 01GT..

I know you stated your mods before, but what else is done, converter/suspension etc? And is it a manual valvebody, or do you just shift it yourself?

My 99GT went 7's on a 100 shot @ 5,800 ft elevation, with the same exact mods as this 99GT in the vid. On DR's. Then brought it down to FL.....and N/A (intake/exhaust/gear) it was going low low 8's....8.19 I think was my best on DR's. Slick it would have gone 7's for sure.

The car you ask about has:

4.30's
Zex 100 shot
X-Pipe w/ turndowns
Plenum/TB combo
ModularSpeed.com tune

It is a stock 105,000 mile motor, tranny, stall. Zero suspension work.

If he roll races, he starts in the gear manually, and bumps it up after the hit.

If he digs, he starts in D...and lets it shift.

Shift points are somewhere around 6,000, and the rev limiter is around 6700.

Hope that answers your Q's:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread