2 valve beatdowns

Screamin'04

Established Member
This is all true, but I was being general, not specific.

I don't and wouldn't claim to be as efficient as a 4V, or to be able to "pull on" all termi's; my only claim is that I can pull "with" (not necessarily ahead of) your average pullied cobra, and I know this because I happen to own one. :rolling:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
This is all true, but I was being general, not specific.

I don't and wouldn't claim to be as efficient as a 4V, or to be able to "pull on" all termi's; my only claim is that I can pull "with" (not necessarily ahead of) your average pullied cobra, and I know this because I happen to own one. :rolling:

Are you referring to the bolt-on Cobra your wife has?

I thought it wasn't pullied? :shrug:

Pulley it, and let me know what you think is faster.

My 3V that makes a little over 20 RWHP less than my Cobra, from 40, with the hit, gets walked. It's auto, can't mess shifting up. Not to mention it's almost 250 lbs lighter than my Cobra. It's also Centri blown. Thought I'd mention.

Screamin'04

Established Member
Never said it wasn't pullied, only that the GT was putting down more power...

This is getting blown out of proportion, I simply made a generalized statement that (again as I said before), I can pull with "most" (meaning not all) pullied 4v. I'm sorry if I somehow offended you or anybody else for putting my 2v in the same ballpark as a 4v. But I can tell you this much... Based on your very own numbers ([email protected]), you would not beat me to the finish line... with my numbers being 12.11 / 111...

Now this can be argued until the end of time, but the only thing that would proove without doubt would be you and I running. But since we're in different parts of the country, I'll end this by simply saying, "I love my little 2 valve and can pull right along with most pullied termi's."...

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Never said it wasn't pullied, only that the GT was putting down more power...

This is getting blown out of proportion, I simply made a generalized statement that (again as I said before), I can pull with "most" (meaning not all) pullied 4v. I'm sorry if I somehow offended you or anybody else for putting my 2v in the same ballpark as a 4v. But I can tell you this much... Based on your very own numbers ([email protected]), you would not beat me to the finish line... with my numbers being 12.11 / 111...

Now this can be argued until the end of time, but the only thing that would proove without doubt would be you and I running. But since we're in different parts of the country, I'll end this by simply saying, "I love my little 2 valve and can pull right along with most pullied termi's."...

Sorry bud, those 1/4 times you pulled were my stock times :) Also 4 months of Driving my first manual car. Kthx.

What numbers does your pullied Cobra make?

You didn't offend me, so stop trying to make me look like an a-hole picking on 2V's. :shrug:

I am merely trying to gather info. on your car, and figure out how your car with WAY less power, on AVERAGE, hangs with most NON Ported Cobra's. That is all.

Also, my STOCK best trap was 112.

As my car sits right now, with another 70ish RWHP and over 100 more RWTQ, I think I can manage mid-high 11's with fair weather after a steady 1 year of daily driving this car.

Is the 111 your BEST trap with your CURRENT mods on your 2V GT? If so, I don't think you are running anywhere close to pullied Cobras. My opinon.

Last edited:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
111 TS is no where near what pullied cobras trap. thats what stock cobras trap. pullied cobras on average run from 116-121.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Are you guys talking roll racing, or going from a dig? B/C dig the better setup car will more often beat the higher hp car..

Screamin'04

Established Member
Sorry bud, those 1/4 times you pulled were my stock times :) Also 4 months of Driving my first manual car. Kthx.

What numbers does your pullied Cobra make?

You didn't offend me, so stop trying to make me look like an a-hole picking on 2V's. :shrug:

I am merely trying to gather info. on your car, and figure out how your car with WAY less power, on AVERAGE, hangs with most NON Ported Cobra's. That is all.

Also, my STOCK best trap was 112.

As my car sits right now, with another 70ish RWHP and over 100 more RWTQ, I think I can manage mid-high 11's with fair weather after a steady 1 year of daily driving this car.

Is the 111 your BEST trap with your CURRENT mods on your 2V GT? If so, I don't think you are running anywhere close to pullied Cobras. My opinon.

433/450 with a conservative tune. Glad I didn't offend you, not looking for a flame war.

111 TS is no where near what pullied cobras trap. thats what stock cobras trap. pullied cobras on average run from 116-121.

I wasn't beating on it; that was the day after the blower install and tune was completed. The temp was mid 90's and I was worried about IAT's and the stock 2v bottom end. Bottom end wise, I am still no comparison to the cobra's (yet). I do have to be conscientious of my weaker internals. I plan on making several "all out" passes when my new short block arrives and before I install it, to see exactly where it is.

Are you guys talking roll racing, or going from a dig? B/C dig the better setup car will more often beat the higher hp car..

From a dig is where I do best because of my suspension, all but one or two (tops) of the cobra's around here experience varied extents of wheel hop with "most" having virtually no suspension work at all done.

--
Everything being said, I never meant to suggest that I can outrun all pullied cobras. I was only saying that I'm in the same general vicinity with "most" of them (and that is/was referring to the 15 or so that are around here where I live). It may not be the most accurate assessment, but it's not very much off, and certainly not a tall tale by any means...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Wow who cares if the guys 2v can beat a pullied Cobra or not????? It looks good and makes over 400rwhp. Not bad.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Everything being said, I never meant to suggest that I can outrun all pullied cobras. I was only saying that I'm in the same general vicinity with "most" of them (and that is/was referring to the 15 or so that are around here where I live). It may not be the most accurate assessment, but it's not very much off, and certainly not a tall tale by any means...

Its ok, sometimes the 03/04 guys just get butt hurt when their cars are made to look like anything less than a gift from God. :lol:

:p to you "termy" guys

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Its ok, sometimes the 03/04 guys just get butt hurt when their cars are made to look like anything less than a gift from God. :lol:

:p to you "termy" guys

I am not bashing 2V's. I give respect where it's due.

However, simple math suggests a less powered car without a significant weight advantage won't beat a decently driven higher powered car. That's all I was getting at.

I know plenty of GT owners that drive on the roads with an Exhaust and think they are the kings of the roads. It goes both ways, not just Termie owners. I also own a Blown 3V. So what I say is not biased.

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
You guys are a trip! I love the 4V and LSX nut swingers on here. How about you go to work, make whatever money you can make. You either buy an Camaro, Corvette, GT or Cobra..Whichever one you can afford. Then you mod it with what you can afford. You drive it and when someone wants to race you do it and you either win or lose. It doesn't matter what he or she has done to there car. Its black and white folks, You run what you brung and if you lose who cares. We are all car nuts and I think anything is capable of being fast with enough money. Some are a little cheaper to do but its all about what you like. LS1's are great motors but the build quality of the rest of the car they come in is known to be kinda crappy(Camaros/Transams). Not all people buy a car just for the motor. Also it becomes more expensive when you want to make a high HP car and keep it very streetable. Anyone can go build a drag motor for pretty cheap with a high lift solid roller cam that's pushing gobs of power but not everyone wants that in a street car. Also when you Camaro guys and 03/04 Cobra guys are driving around, most people know that you either have an LSX motor or blown 4V and either wont race or know they make decent power. I like my 95 that people look at as a decent looking car but think its not fast. Then I dust the shit out of them and they go into a mild case of shock. Damn right I have put money into my car but that's what I wanted. You nut swingers need to do less talking and more racing..stop bench racing!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
what is with all this mustang gt / 2 valve hate, I hate guys who buy 4 valve cobras / machs and camaros etc, and look down on gt's like there crap, where all mustang guys here! cant we along, this is more mustang gt 2 valve bashing then a dam lstech / gm website dam shame!!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
what is with all this mustang gt / 2 valve hate, I hate guys who buy 4 valve cobras / machs and camaros etc, and look down on gt's like there crap, where all mustang guys here! cant we along, this is more mustang gt 2 valve bashing then a dam lstech / gm website dam shame!!

Its b/c there are too many closet GM guys here..:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread