2 valve beatdowns

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Sorry I definately gotta call BS

Correct me if I am wrong but a 99 GT is a non PI headed car right? So you are telling me a bolt on PI headed 2v (auto at that) with a 100 shot should run mid 7's on an average 60'? :dw:

And a 100 shot on a bolt on GT is more than safe for the shortblock so lets say you upped the shot to 150...You would have a bolt on automatic 99 GT that would run low 7's or high 6's? :dw:

Oh dear jesus... And that ls1 had 340rwhp...no reason the Gt shouldnt walk it with full bolt ons and a 100 shot!

FutureCobraGuy

Established Member

Correct me if I am wrong but a 99 GT is a non PI headed car right? So you are telling me a bolt on PI headed 2v (auto at that) with a 100 shot should run mid 7's on an average 60'? :dw:

And a 100 shot on a bolt on GT is more than safe for the shortblock so lets say you upped the shot to 150...You would have a bolt on automatic 99 GT that would run low 7's or high 6's? :dw:

:poke::poke::kaboom:

spike_africa

Established Member
I don't see whats so hard to understand. My car which is a manual 02 Gt with a 125shot and bolt on's with street tires and stock gears can pull on my friends 03 cobra with 420rwhp. Torque is better then horsepower when you can hook up.

Devil_Z

Established Member
Would you like to put your money where your mouth is? You are not very far from where my car resides. PM me if you're down.

My 99GT went 7's on a 100 shot @ 5,800 ft elevation, with the same exact mods as this 99GT in the vid. On DR's. Then brought it down to FL.....and N/A (intake/exhaust/gear) it was going low low 8's....8.19 I think was my best on DR's. Slick it would have gone 7's for sure.

The car you ask about has:

4.30's
Zex 100 shot
X-Pipe w/ turndowns
Plenum/TB combo
ModularSpeed.com tune

It is a stock 105,000 mile motor, tranny, stall. Zero suspension work.

If he roll races, he starts in the gear manually, and bumps it up after the hit.

If he digs, he starts in D...and lets it shift.

Shift points are somewhere around 6,000, and the rev limiter is around 6700.

Hope that answers your Q's:beer:
Yeah, sure I'll race that cute little 370 some odd rwhp blue cobra or gt w/e you have. How much you want to put down?

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
Yeah, sure I'll race that cute little 370 some odd rwhp blue cobra or gt w/e you have. How much you want to put down?

Out of curiousity, what kind of car do you have, mods an rwhp? BTW, I like to see this race on the video if you guys would tape them, thanks.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member

And a 100 shot on a bolt on GT is more than safe for the shortblock so lets say you upped the shot to 150...You would have a bolt on automatic 99 GT that would blow up :dw:

fixed

So a 1999 2v GT with bolt ons, 4.30 gears (not sure why), and a 100 shot pulled a LS1 like its tied to a building, hangs with a 415rwhp 03 Cobra, then can't outrun a Fox with a 306 that probably only makes 340rwhp? Am I the only one that things the whole truth isn't being told here?

A 99 GT with bolt ons and a 100 shot would still be dog slow.

Jesus you hate on 2V GT's like theres no tomorrow....and shown by your posts in this thread, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I said correct me if I am wrong. I don't know alot about SOHC GT's and don't give a shit to know alot about them. They are slow unless you dump alot of money into them.

:whine::whine::whine: Before anyone says anything, yes my 95 was the same way but atleast I can drop a fuel injected 400cid motor into it with a days worth of work.

Last edited by a moderator:

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I said correct me if I am wrong. I don't know alot about SOHC GT's and don't give a shit to know alot about them. They are slow unless you dump alot of money into them.

If you don't give a shit about them or care to know about them how about you keep your ignorant opinions to yourself and realize that any car 2V or 4V can make power.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I was wondering how long it would take you to show up.

And you can make a Kia Rio fast if you want to but most people take the easy way. However if you do have a 2v SOHC with alot of power then my hat is off to you! Good job. You however, aren't one of those people sadly. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
So you are telling me I'm wrong when I say it takes alot of money to make a SOHC GT fast? How much money do you have in your GT....errrr Saleen total?

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Nope. It's all relative in the mod division. Initial investment versus potential gain. SOHC cars are a dime a dozen so the investment to make them fast might be costly, but it's still cheaper than the initial investment into a better platform.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
So you are telling me I'm wrong when I say it takes alot of money to make a SOHC GT fast? How much money do you have in your GT....errrr Saleen total?

Define alot of money. You can buy a NICE 2V Gt nowadays for around 10K, less if you look around. You can have a car that is faster than a stock 4V car, and be into the 2V for a couple thousand less than an entry level priced 4V car. And before people try to flame me, im just playing devils advocate here, and have owned my share of mustangs, 5.0, 2V, and 4V's. On a budget, you can make a 2V go pretty good.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Define alot of money. You can buy a NICE 2V Gt nowadays for around 10K, less if you look around. You can have a car that is faster than a stock 4V car, and be into the 2V for a couple thousand less than an entry level priced 4V car. And before people try to flame me, im just playing devils advocate here, and have owned my share of mustangs, 5.0, 2V, and 4V's. On a budget, you can make a 2V go pretty good.

Wow you really went there? :bored:

Well I can go buy a $1,000 1988 GT and.......

:whine::whine::whine::whine:

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Your opinion is just that. Yours. For those that aren't you there are other options out there that are better.

The fact of the matter is you chime in on any GT or 2V thread with your opinion that they suck in one way or another.

There are many fast 2V cars out there and a lot of the 2V base cars are extremely nice as is the case with the Saleen in my possession.

Just because it isn't a 4V doesn't mean your pick-me-up truck can keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread