2 valve beatdowns

Granelli31

Established Member
2v's aren't that bad, with a 150 shot and longtubes, my otherwise basic 2v went 11.30 @120 with a 1.49 60ft. Stock Engine and Transmisison

91GT

Established Member
Interesting. Usually people just slap a smaller pulley on it and let it eat lol. Seems like a good setup on paper, but wouldnt it put additional stress on the headunit with the "block" in flow??

It would actually be a bit easier on the head unit, as it is required to move less air. If you put your hand over the hose of a vacuum cleaner, the motor speeds up, indicating less power is needed to spin the unit.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
What guy thinks a 3V GT weights 4200 Lbs? Are you Effing Retarded?

There is hate from the 2V guys, too much.

You keep comparing prices, bang for buck, etc.

Cobra's don't cost 30K. They are not Super expensive as some of you have mentioned.

Total cost of my "High Priced" Cobra and cost of my mods are $22,000. That is god awful expensive for a car with Forged Internals, T-56 and a great Rear End. Boy oh Boy.

Still can't get over 4200lbs. That is awesome..

whipplesnake

Established Member
What guy thinks a 3V GT weights 4200 Lbs? Are you Effing Retarded?

There is hate from the 2V guys, too much.

You keep comparing prices, bang for buck, etc.

Cobra's don't cost 30K. They are not Super expensive as some of you have mentioned.

Total cost of my "High Priced" Cobra and cost of my mods are $22,000. That is god awful expensive for a car with Forged Internals, T-56 and a great Rear End. Boy oh Boy.

Still can't get over 4200lbs. That is awesome..

I didn't post that ,but it was my car(wifes), and that was the race weight. 06 auto vert 3700lbs+ fat driver 320lbs + passenger 190lbs = 4200lbs.
What's really funny is I did a dig race with the cobra in the vid and was ahead till 80mph.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I didn't post that ,but it was my car(wifes), and that was the race weight. 06 auto vert 3700lbs+ fat driver 320lbs + passenger 190lbs = 4200lbs.
What's really funny is I did a dig race with the cobra in the vid and was ahead till 80mph.

I hope you do know that a Cobra with a decent driver would absolutely walk a bolt on 3V, full bolt-ons that is, and run with a blown 3V.

I own both cars. My 07 Makes 440 RWHP. My cobra with exhaust, and intake Would be right next to it, and slowly pull higher up. Can't mess up an Auto S/C GT.

Now that I have a pulley, no contest.

I just thought you were saying All 3V's weigh that much, lol.

3500Lbs base model. Autos are about 70lbs heavier. My GT with the Shaker 1K, with me being 200 lbs, weighs just under 3750. My Cobra is barely 80lbs heavier. LOL

whipplesnake

Established Member
To the other poster. I think I'm going to be near Tampa in Aug for that Rockstar/Mayhem Fest thing, I just wasn't planning on taking my car.

Ford Ampitheater is near Tampa right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is in our area, If you come down with your car, shot me pm. There is lots of friendly racing around here. On street fire, look at Mofobucs channel, that is all in our area and several of us are in his vids.

whipplesnake

Established Member
I hope you do know that a Cobra with a decent driver would absolutely walk a bolt on 3V, full bolt-ons that is, and run with a blown 3V.

I own both cars. My 07 Makes 440 RWHP. My cobra with exhaust, and intake Would be right next to it, and slowly pull higher up. Can't mess up an Auto S/C GT.

Now that I have a pulley, no contest.

I just thought you were saying All 3V's weigh that much, lol.

3500Lbs base model. Autos are about 70lbs heavier. My GT with the Shaker 1K, with me being 200 lbs, weighs just under 3750. My Cobra is barely 80lbs heavier. LOL

I just sold my 700 rwh 03 Cobra, so I do know how fast they are. after 80mph that Cobra put busses on me.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
for a race car the gt is better. costs way less and your going to end up upgrading everything on the car anyways even with a cobra. How many people here have snapped rear axles from drag racing? Gt comes with solid rear. Cobras transmission isnt bulletproof, etc...some people just like to say they drive a cobra rather than a gt though

THAITED

Established Member
u mean like any motor ever made? wow, impressive. 2V's are dogs. running 14's and 15's in the quarter is not impressive. u need a shot on that 2v to do anything, race those people without the shot and your car is nothing. sorry. and the money argument is stupid. i like it more when a car can move out without spray. i could gut my buick century and put a 250shot on it and beat u, does that make it an "impressive platform?"

Just curious, what kind of car do you have and how much rwhp and torque you put out? BTW, you are right 2v's are dogs so good luck try beating this one. [ame="http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40327"]2 valve street car runs 9.99@ 140mph - MPH Forums[/ame]

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
for a race car the gt is better. costs way less and your going to end up upgrading everything on the car anyways even with a cobra. How many people here have snapped rear axles from drag racing? Gt comes with solid rear. Cobras transmission isnt bulletproof, etc...some people just like to say they drive a cobra rather than a gt though

What makes you say that? A cobra can handle 700 rwhp safely. People break half shafts due to driving error. It's called wheel hop in case you did not know. Also I don't l think a stock GT's rearend will handle the power that usually breaks the IRS half shafts as u claim. You like your GT. However you statements are biased because you only own one of the two cars mentioned. At least according to your sig. I have a bi more ESP on both types of cars as I have modified both a good amount and know where they stand. Again bang for buck, the Cobra is a better platform, especially when you are talking about build both a 2V and a 4V.

The 4V will respond way better if you build it the same way you build a 2V. A simply upgrade to better half shafts, and that will handle 700+ RWHP. The T-56 is the same transmission used in C5Z's, LS1's, etc. They can easily handle 600+ RWHP compared to the TR-3650 in GT's.

Again, Cobra's are factory hot rods. You need the wrench time in the GT's, and a good amount of money to beef them up to a Cobra's level.

I mean, if 2V GT's are as good as you say, why doesn't everyone have one? I started with a 3V GT. 6K later in mods, I bought a Cobra. 1K later in mods, my GT is NOWHERE near my Cobra in any shape form or fashion when it comes to performance of any kind. Comfort, that is a different story, lol.

I am not defending the Cobra, or acting like a fanboy, I 100 % respect 2V's, and other platforms. But, it's simple math and a matter of being realistic.

-Chris

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
This is never going to end. Might as well move this thread to SD or just close it.

THAITED

Established Member
This is never going to end. Might as well move this thread to SD or just close it.

Simple solution stop talking shit about other people's car then they will stop fighting back. I like my car so I don't give a hood whether it's a 4v or a 2v.

Last edited:

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
so i read this whole thing and realized....this is completely stupid...2v 3v or 4v whos cares...anything can make power and anyone can be the underdog and win a race..simple as that

oh and i drive a 2V TRUCK..and its yellow

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member

This is your opinion. It does not apply to everyone. Some people might agree with you, but alot wouldnt. Myself included.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Read bottom post
This is your opinion. It does not apply to everyone. Some people might agree with you, but alot wouldnt. Myself included.
+1 Simple, change the IRS to a solid, people will trade you AND give you money for an IRS. You dont really have to change much on a Termi, people have run in the 11s with the stock IRS also you know. A simple whipple Cobra will make over 500hp easliy at the wheels without needing to change much on the engine or tranny. Now the NE Cobra's and NE GT's are closer but even then, put the same mods on both car's and you will see that the Cobra will still edge it out in every mod.

Users who are viewing this thread