1969 Camaro Restomod Project Thread

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Minor update:
I was making my run through lines and a friend came and mixed it all up.

Previously I had the lines as below.
6XhdrER.jpg

In my head this was "ok" but wasn't ideal for how I was wanting the lines to look. My friend made a suggestion for how to route them and i'm happy he did!
SlG24wP.jpg

I decided to "free hand" the bends on some scrap tubing to see how it would look.
SMC2Ez9.jpg

NJmWVG0.jpg

He was right, it looked MUCH better. Decided I was going to bite the bullet and risk running short on stainless to re-do those lines.
ZgrqsuZ.jpg

All three lines are in place there, clutch still needs to be bent and terminated for the hydraulics there.

I also finished up the cross piece for the front brakes and used my nice stainless brake clamps I got.
Yppfn0y.jpg

rRoFdBa.jpg

Finished up the bends on the rear line to get it closer to the floor and where I could secure it to the frame/floor.
CHG9bGc.jpg

0W8YiNr.jpg

Since I ditched about 2-3ft of tubing, I did come up shorter than I had hoped. Ended up about 6-12" shorter than I was originally looking for, so I just bought a slightly longer flex line (due in wednesday)
3hfobCX.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty happy for my first time doing this. Could I do it better? Probably. Maybe this will be re-visited someday...but i doubt it (unless there is an issue).
75fjmpK.jpg

With that finished, it's time to start looking to install the engine/transmission back in the car. I wanted to trim the bellhousing so it didn't hang lower than the oil pan.
LO6PC61.jpg

That took a bit to cut, but got it done and re-painted (no pics).

I also got some old parts blasted while at a friends place, so they're ready to be painted and be put back on the car (when the time is right).
BlRIjv4.jpg

MIH5rPt.jpg

First time taking this bad boy out of the box. Was happy to see the splines lined up (was nervous as I never confirmed it was the right clutch).
6QVGuuj.jpg

Was going to be making solid progress until I found....no flywheel bolts...
xcfwVBJ.jpg

Always seems to be the case that when you get momentum something stops it. LSX didn't come with them (not surprised) and clutch didn't (not a huge surprise either as they typically are re-used from stock). I have a set of ARP bolts coming in tomorrow. Hoping to have this in before I leave for Mexico this weekend.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Made some more progress but another roadblock keeps the engine trans out for now.

Got the pilot bearing. Confirmed it matched the input shaft and installed it.
fnHZzFd.jpg

GWNAxof.jpg

Bellhousing front cover installed (didn't do this first time before flywheel so had to rework...)
Y9icWPq.jpg

Flywheel installed.
I5DEcIZ.jpg

Clutch installed.
fZYPPNo.jpg

hdHXlcP.jpg

Installed slave to complete checks on if I needed a shim and saw this...wtf! It's for a c5. New one arrives Friday...
Xj53eyh.jpg

Since I was stuck on the motor. I moved to something else. Installed the power door locks.
WNuEbyr.jpg

B7Thj4F.jpg

nxwldMu.jpg

Then moved on to some arts and crafts to lay out the dash before I start making cuts. This isn't finalized and looking for comments/suggestions still.
QbOM23D.jpg

frDYlGk.jpg

vdtIsan.jpg

Dash items.
Upper portion left to right:
AC vent, Racepak, racepak mode buttons (1&2), AC vent

Lower portion left to right:
Headlight, line lock, Holley input, (gap for steering column), start button, AC controller.

I am looking at adding a 4th button on the left of moving them one spot to the right to give room for the windshield wiper control when I get it.

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Been taking a brief break from the heat and the car. Garage got to be such a mess it was demotivating.

Lady decided to give me a hand and push me to clean the work space, and what a difference it made. Cleaner work space makes for more productive attitude.

I took the day off yesterday and got after some work on the car again.

March Pullies customer service sucks. They have wrong belt size in the instructions, blamed it on the brand belt I had (not even close). Ended up making several trips to the parts store and finally got one that works.
zcV7NLa.jpg

They call for a 76" belt...This is a 90.5" (yes the routing is correct for the size they recommended)
Ihsb4ac.jpg

Decided to finish up the clutch line by installing the 1/8"NPT/-4AN adapter. Well, my torque sense is off and wasn't paying attention...SNAP. New master cylinder is on the way. (see the small crack above the thread sealant)
RFhTckc.jpg

MOVING ON!
Lower radiator hose is a bitch to get in there. Chipped a little Pcoat but it's not visible so leaving it as is. May touch it up with a little bit of paint pen. It's damn close to the turbo drain pipe, and that's what chipped it.
5moZwvV.jpg

Upper radiator hose on as well. Much easier than bottom.
TdEsoHw.jpg

Radiator in.
UqHhJhi.jpg

Made the vent hose to the PCV catch can to try and eliminate the crank case pressure boosted motors tend to see.
zl4FtMV.jpg

DTYI5W4.jpg

Added the filters on next. Temporary as I just want them on for initial start.
bUPnRjv.jpg

2w4ivDl.jpg

Vwf2K9q.jpg

Putting IC on for now. Will likely have to remove passenger side as it's nearly impossible to access the AC connections behind it. Luckily it's only 3 bolts in this condition.
kqEeOdS.jpg

0TDiECK.jpg

Finished up with a little wiring. Didn't make much progress but got the two modules mounted for the remote key and push button start.
ipuF9Kl.jpg
More to come on this. It feels like it could be starting soon...Not driving but starting at least.

William

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I think imgur had a problem, they should be back up now. Are they not? They're showing for me...

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Shit I see what you're saying. Not the last post or some of the earlier ones, but only maybe the last couple pages. Not sure the deal, haven't changed host or removed pictures. I'll look into it some more.

If you can see the latest pics and want some more, let me know and I can provide specific pictures.

William

edit...

WTF, they're not working on here...Working on all the other sites...

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I will have to dig into this further or ask Admin what's up. Copy/pasta from other sides, and those are all working...

TClark22

Established Member
nice seats. Not sure whats going on with the pics. I copy the image url and paste into address show up just fine. And when you quoted the pics, they show up but the original pics don't show. odd

Blue Blitz

Established Member
No idea what to do. Literally work on every other forum I've put the pics up on (LS1tech, Offtopic, Lateral-G, etc).

MTBSully

Established Member
Pics not working for me either, but where did you order the recaro sportsters from? Considering a set for my c6 z06.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Found a set used on forum i'm on. Jumped and made a deal. Best deal I can see is from Vivid for new. Run about 1500 for cloth of vinyl...Each...

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Still trying to figure it out myself!!!

In other news made some wiring connections and fired it off last night. Lots of tuning to do but got to hear the beast breath life. It's aggressive sounding....

Users who are viewing this thread