1969 Camaro Restomod Project Thread

MTBSully

Established Member
Unreal. Need to go back and read this entire 10 year build thread. I want to do a restomod 69 camaro in the worst way. Been trying to find a clean 6 cylinder or something with a clean body that i can save on body work and not have to pay a premium for.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Unreal. Need to go back and read this entire 10 year build thread. I want to do a restomod 69 camaro in the worst way. Been trying to find a clean 6 cylinder or something with a clean body that i can save on body work and not have to pay a premium for.

Definitely pay more to start if you can PROVE or VERIFY it has a nice body. I'm not satisfied with the paint/body on mine and i'm 20 grand into it....I'll be spending another 10-15k to me satisfied. I have sentimental attachment so dont have the benefit of spending more initially to get a nice solid car.

Do be warned of pigs with lipstick, I have friends that bought "nice" cars but ended up being basket cases. Maybe a case of better the devil you know.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Trans has been out and put back in. Issue with clutch was slave related and specifically about being a cheap china knockoff piece (From O'Reillys) that had all the markings of a GM piece so i mistakenly assumed same. My fault. Also with new trans and new slave, I should have RE-measured for clutch spacing/shimming needed and I didn't. My mistake.

Trans is back in, with a GM replacement slave, measured out and in the range of what is acceptable per Manuf Recommendations.

I will check this evening to see if the clutch releases like it should after bleeding fully. After that is confirmed I will be re-installing all the turbo piping / exhaust I had to remove, and the new Bowler shifter (previous had split the boot and was leaking).
Old T56 magnum shifter with 300 miles:
aSj3KNj.jpg

New shifter and new seal design:
TiU3Rfj.jpg

z2H32YB.jpg

Based on some signs of fuel starvation and the car having so much left on the table power wise, I've started to collect parts for fuel system change:
Vaporworx controller:
ANIb8fQ.jpg

Twin Walbro 525LPH (285s) in custom Housing:
Kt3lds3.jpg

Fancy fuse panel for pump and future amp ANL fuses:
WcAdIWP.jpg

Not shown is the new Fuelab FPR, hoses/fittings, etc needed for the pump and fuel rail feed changes.

Also have some more items on order for changing the WG control to Dome control and twin solenoids. Hoping it all fits around what I already have but there is more work needed there, like drilling and tapping the compressor housing, so that will be a bit.

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Back from the dead......remember the build. Looking good, thanks for the updates. -Dan

Yea quarantine has be digging up old threads and updating them as they haven't been.

Also i was excited when it went 10s so i shared it everywhere! Hope to do the same in a few months when it goes 9s next time out :)

Users who are viewing this thread