1969 Camaro Restomod Project Thread

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I literally just envisioned a build like this the other day. My Grandfather has a 68 that has been sitting for 13 years. Except I was going to go more Rat Roddish but with a wicked power plant! Great job! Can't wait to see if completed.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
It's got a bit left yet but it's slowly shaping up.

Few updates. Wastegate dump is done.
Jp74tLS.jpg

Fabricated the close outs for the filters in the fender.
gLeMNZB.jpg

Passenger side installed.
3ujNVSs.jpg

Drivers side installed.
BOp5ENT.jpg

And this is the start of where the filter will be. This is just behind the headlight. Should be plenty of fresh air in there.
V8anP83.jpg

Hoping for more progress soon. Should be competing the kit early next week.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Update, intake is on and hardlines going in. Car should be done and ready to be picked up today.

Holley boost control solenoid and MAP sensor/IAT/etc installed below intake.
0ax6bhZ.jpg

BOV hardlines run to tapped port on intake
25oEWqg.jpg

BOV and WG lines hardlines in car
x7s3AyG.jpg

fGg1wh2.jpg

Some added flair for the WG vent
5byRLIS.jpg

William

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Congrats this machine is Awesome.. The rendering painting on page 11 would make a Great poster size print!

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Thanks.

Car is done at M2K, turbo kit finished.

Filter placement is exactly like I pictured it in my head.
MMUO87u.jpg

m4cn4af.jpg

And did a clearance check on driveshaft to x-pipe. Looks like it'll have to jump the car to get it contact between the two.
yYhwcCh.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Thanks. I'll post up if I do. Not sure it'll be done is weekend so playing it by ear.

Thanks, likewise. Funny thing. I didn't like orange when I got this car. Had it painted yellow originally. Eventually I grew up and saw the light.

It's not for the weak spirited for sure. I wouldn't do another build this intense going back. Glad I got to build my first car this way but the next will be a true budget built. Satisfaction of results I think has diminishing returns. I'll just say by the time I'm done I could have had a quite nice UGR 2R R8 I'm guessing.

Fair enough, alittle out of my league at the moment but I plan to have a very nice build down the road. Probably not MK2 level but it should be nice.

Thanks for posting your build here. I can't wait to see and hear it complete!

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
So what's next?

Home and do the wiring, brake lines, fuel lines, etc. lot of work left but hopefully able to finish it all myself.

Fair enough, alittle out of my league at the moment but I plan to have a very nice build down the road. Probably not MK2 level but it should be nice.

Thanks for posting your build here. I can't wait to see and hear it complete!

I've been fortunate to have a lot of talented shops help with this build along the way. Couldn't have done it without them. I look forward to posting pictures and videos of this car finally moving under its own power again. Been 10 years since I last drove this car!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Great Progress!!!!! Gut a hunk of metal in my garage, just need the lotto to come through! Kids, daycare, debt repayment is $3,200 of play money. 1.5 years to go!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Sorry for lack of updates but been focused on work and collecting some parts.

Today I mounted the fuel filter and billet y block and started running lines for fuel system. Found i need some diff fittings. Sucks that it's all super specific for ptfe hose. Oh well fuel system will wait till Wednesday and another $250 out of my pocket for just a few fittings!!!

As of Wednesday I'm off for the rest of the year though so hope to update a bit more soon!

TClark22

Established Member
Aren't all fittings super specific to the type of hose/line your using? lol but fittings alone will nickel and dime ya every time!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea but there are more makers for regular braided line and more people carry that, than people that run PTFE lined lines. Dont know a place in houston that carries PTFE hose ends.

And yea not many nickles and dimes involved when each fitting is ~$20.

TClark22

Established Member
lol well when you build a car of this caliber. That is nickles and dimes!

I guess I don't go out shopping for my parts, I order everything online. So I don't really have the availability issue I guess.

PTFE is the beez. I'm using it for everything I can. I'm going to be getting more soon as I have a trans cooler to install with my auto swap.

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea true, at this point that's just peanuts. $2-300 seems like the average "surprise" expense. My complaint about in town local provider is like right now. I'd finish my fuel system today if i could go pick it up, but waiting on amazon to ship the fittings (be here Wednesday).

PTFE is the way to go it seems right now. All lines in my car will be PTFE. Working to get it setup so my heater hoses are PTFE as well. Prob is they stop at -12 so will have to see if that will work for the heater.

TClark22

Established Member
I would think -12 would be good for heater a heater core. I'm just comparing to my hoses on my car but I wouldn't think they are bigger than a -12. They are either 5/8 or 3/4 hoses

Blue Blitz

Established Member
That's what I like to hear.

Today I made a book and did some research on wiring for the car. Looking at those mil spec connectors and realizing I'll have 5-600 just in the bulkheads and pins...wow.

Got a quote to have a guy do it that does some high end race car/exotic builds. I think for 10k I can make my own harness. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread