18 y/o Too Young For a Terminator?

oldmodman

Established Member
I am only alive today because my first car was a Ford Falcon Station Wagon with a 99hp six and three on the tree.

Even with only 99hp I was still able to be a colossal dick, drive like an asshole, jump the pile while driving off road in the desert, and of course my favorite game "how close can you get to the parked cars".
Really really close. Took off both door handles.

If I had a 400hp car that could actually handle I would have tried to punk all the LAPD cops that I saw.

Stang Lover

Established Member
If you know your mature enough to handle it screw what everyone else says. And 1500 miles? Drive that sum bit!

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Established Member
riding in the rain is absolutely crazy. The contact patch size between bike and asphalt is retardedly small as it is, put water between it? **** that noise. She has some balls to even attempt it, I rode for a bit and if it started raining, **** that I quit. Id park it under an awning or something and wait it out rather than try to navigate wet roads on 2 square inches of contact patch.

I guess, it would depend on the background of the rider.

For me, I raced motocross for about 8 or 9 years before my first street bike. So, when I got my first street bike, if it started acting up, it was nothing that alarmed me as it was nothing compared to what I experienced on a track (now people in cars doing stupid shit is a different story). The rain, that never bothers me. Granted it's a pain in the ass, but I never felt unsafe at any speed. The only thing that I I'm also watchful of is coming to a stop at stop signs and lights where there is paint on the road (especially down here in FL, even more so on hot days as it gets slicker than snot). Besides that riding the rain is easy as pie (but of course you have to watch the road and avoid any spots where water has pooled up). Besides that, it's business as usual. It's usually more dangerous riding on cold tires than riding in the rain.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I got this when I was 19...

IMG_0328.jpg

Haters always hate. Just don't be a dumbass.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
personally I think so

but if my parents would have offered me one there is no way in hell I wouldn't take it

Bull Shit!
This thread about a Cobra, not Bikes. Please keep it on topic. I'm actually happy, you've all keep it pretty much on topic.

SirShaun

Established Member
I started off in a 1994 V6 Camaro hand me down from my mom. I was a hell raiser and thought I was invincible on more than one occasion or I didn't care, or both.
I was a good kid until I went to college. Started smoking and drinking, come home every other weekend and party hard. Drinking especially intensifies that invincible not caring mentality.

-I've seen a buddy flip his civic while we were racing, he walked away, I didn't change.
-My friend was drinking, talked me into drifting my moms 4 door front wheel drive lumina ended up in the ditch, caught a "Failure to maintain proper control" Didn't change.
-I got caught running 85 in a 55 and made a quick turn off borderline eluding. Lawyer reduced to 75 and a driving class. Didn't change.

The one that changed me. I knew I had a tire leaking a little around the bead on my little 3.4l v6 camaro. Pre gamed a little bit before driving to the club. I started pushing the car through a curvy ass road with a buddy riding shotgun. Tire let go running 80 in a turn, I threw the car into a spin somehow, smacked the ditch, passenger side window busted out, knocked a wheel off the car. We both walked away luckily. Luckily a guy came riding by in a truck, threw a chain to it and pulled it into the nearest driveway. Friends luckily took the same road, jumped in the car with them and went to the club. Drinked some more and got talked into reporting it stolen. Ended up hiding out for the night and faked a concussion the next day. Somehow managed to dodge a DUI and Falsifying a police report without ever getting charged. Officer told me "I think losing your car in this situation is punishment enough". Officer measured 238 feet of black marks, believe me it was a hell of a ride. Scared some sense into me. I was lucky to walk away that night.

I can honestly say if I had been in a Terminator in most of those situations, I probably wouldn't be here to type this. Learn from my mistakes and stay in a healthy mindset when behind the wheel of it, and you will be fine. I changed up after that last one and straightened up. I'm a successful 26 year old with 1000hp in the driveway now. Took me a few close calls and some scares to finally wisen up.

Last edited:

99GreenCobra

Established Member
I'm 35 and shouldn't be trusted with a terminator. When I was 18 I drove like a complete idiot. I had a 79 ford with a 71 Lincoln 460. I couldn't keep tires on that thing. But that was just me. I drive an awd rav4 so I can't get in tribute even in the winter. Sounds like you are mature op. Good for you and enjoy the car. Most people would just be jealous.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Bull Shit!
This thread about a Cobra, not Bikes. Please keep it on topic. I'm actually happy, you've all keep it pretty much on topic.

I edited my post to make better sense

but what I meant is that if my parents offered to get me a Cobra I definitely would have taken one

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
This has been asked\answered as others have said. 95% of 18yr olds will only get themselves in trouble with a tuned up Terminator. Let's face it - it's not exactly the most well mannered car, the power hits hard from the blower and the suspension and brakes are not exactly world class. This is a bad recipe for an inexperienced driver.

I also agree with the person that said driving balls out is stupid and reckless, but it does make you a better driver. I had many saves in my younger years that were the result of me knowing my car and not panicking.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I'm 18 and have had mine for a little over 6 months now, I get so much shit for having one, the normal "you're too young" "too much power" excuses. I take immaculate care of it and plan to keep it forever. In over 6 months have only put on 1500 miles and next year it will be less. It always stays in nice condition, don't drive in rain, garage kept etc. What are your thoughts? Thank you SVTP

Thanks,
Trevor

Remember OP….

evel_knievel_scars_quote.png

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
When I was 18 (10 years ago) my dad bought me a 1982 honda civic hatchback with no backseats and 3rd gear was missing for $200. You have it better then I did dude!

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I don't care how different teenagers are, mature/immature, big/tall, smart/stupid, if you give a kid who has been driving for a whole 2 years the keys to a 390HP car (more than likely more than that since nearly all these things are modded now), you have a screw loose in some way. Not to mention you or the kid will be paying out the ass in insurance.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Yes. You should probably just give me the car, Trevor. Even though we are the same age. But it will actually get driven with me owning it.

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
Respect the power take your time learning! Hell, I bought my first mustang at the age of 18. But if you are paying the bill and not your parents then you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Last edited:

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Probably just as likely to get yourself into trouble with the Jeep CJ7 at 114hp as the 470hp Terminator.. Just drive the damn thing and don't worry what others think.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Meh...I fail to see the problem.

If you're mature and can handle it, go for it. If not...karma will take care of it.

I don't like people who try to tell others how to live their lives. Have fun for YOU...screw what anyone else thinks, including me. It's your life...live it and drive that car! :beer:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
my question is how/why does an 18yr old have a $20,000 car that just sits in the garage 99% of the time? :shrug:

If someone is making payments and paying a crap ton for insurance then why arent you using it as your commuter vehicle?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Meh...I fail to see the problem.

If you're mature and can handle it, go for it. If not...karma will take care of it.

I don't like people who try to tell others how to live their lives. Have fun for YOU...screw what anyone else thinks, including me. It's your life...live it and drive that car! :beer:

the problem is when it comes to driving other peoples lives are involved. Lots of people are killed in traffic accidents that they werent the cause. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread