18 y/o Too Young For a Terminator?

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
I'm 18 and have had mine for a little over 6 months now, I get so much shit for having one, the normal "you're too young" "too much power" excuses. I take immaculate care of it and plan to keep it forever. In over 6 months have only put on 1500 miles and next year it will be less. It always stays in nice condition, don't drive in rain, garage kept etc. What are your thoughts? Thank you SVTP

Thanks,
Trevor

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I swear you made a thread/post about this before.

People will "hate". Don't worry what other people think. Enjoy it and be responsible.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
If you are mature enough, which it seems like you are, then it seems fine to me. The majority of teens are not mature enough to have a car like this. Just keep proving people wrong and you will be fine.

nice car btw!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
The same theory can be reverse into cigarettes and cancer. Yes someone will smoke to 99 and die of old age, but that doesn't mean smoking is healty. Same goes for 18 year old and 400+rwhp. Yes some might be able to handle it, but not most.

Noreiga

Established Member
I think one of the biggest issues people have with it isn't always the "too much power" argument. I think a lot of it would stem from jealousy of seeing a young person with a fairly nice car. Most of these tend to be mommy and daddy purchases which makes people think that it's just someone getting whatever they want and that they may not be prepared for what the car can do. I kinda feel along the lines of that myself honestly as I don't really enjoy seeing the rich parents purchasing these cars for their kids. Keeping in mind this may or may not be true in your situation.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Depends on your background 100%. If you didn't grow up carting or racing legends, and have never driven so much as a 13 second Civic...I'd say your parents are fools for allowing such an inexperienced driver to have a car with that much power. I thank my parents every time I get behind the wheel of a fast car for not allowing me to have one when I was young.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
If you didn't grow up racing either carts (as mentioned) or some other form of legitimate racing, it's probably too much for you. At 18, you think you're mature but you aren't. I promise. You'll mature more in the 5 years from 20-25 than you will have your entire life up to that point.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Another problem is I hate putting miles on it lol!

I don't put many miles on my car either. If i wanted to drive it more I would, but I don't. I've got another car to daily drive and ruin, so don't listen to these other guys that are giving you crap about not driving your car much.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
haters_gonna_hate12221_by_lord_iluvatar-d69w84z.gif

I'm 18 and have had mine for a little over 6 months now, I get so much shit for having one, the normal "you're too young" "too much power" excuses. I take immaculate care of it and plan to keep it forever. In over 6 months have only put on 1500 miles and next year it will be less. It always stays in nice condition, don't drive in rain, garage kept etc. What are your thoughts? Thank you SVTP

Thanks,
Trevor

Blown 89

Established Member
Some can, most can't. It's not my place to dictate what people do though.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Don't worry about what the haters say, just prove them wrong. I know 50 year olds that couldn't handle a stock terminator. I have some younger family members that would be absolutely fine with one.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im pretty damn positive you made a thread like this before with a ton of responses there.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I caught grief from my wife for not letting my 18yr old drive my cobra (accept once in a while under supervision). ... Kid has always been very responsible. good grades, Eagle scout etc...

A few months later my daughter pointed out a FB video (taken by one of his friends) where was driving like a jack@ss and trying to do pitifull dougnuts in his saturn SL1. Furthermore, the timing corresponeded exactly with a broken motor mount, that just 'happened' randomly!

I pointed out to my wife, that those stunts could have easily gotten him killed or in jail if he was driving a car with real power.

Reality is.. Nearly all young men will push the envelope and do stupid $hit behind the wheel. (I certainly did). I would even go out on a limb and suggest the OP has went a little wild with his car, at least once or twice. (non rainy day only) ;)

... How much rope do you want to give a kid before they figure out they are not invincable?

Users who are viewing this thread