14 GT Paxton New P.B.

Gruca

Established Member
I talked to Rodeheaver and he suggested I swap out the fuel pressure regulator. So I went and grabbed one and put it on. The old one did not hold pressure at all when I turned the key off. It dropped to zero immediately. The new one holds it. I’m going to test it later tonight, so I’m praying it finally solves my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Gruca

Established Member
Nope. Still losing fuel pressure at WOT. ****.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Honestly some drop in pressure should be expected, it is fighting boost. I just haven’t looked into it to know how much

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Honestly some drop in pressure should be expected, it is fighting boost. I just haven’t looked into it to know how much

Not when the regulator is supposed to add a pound of fuel pressure per pound of boost. Generally what you get when you are getting an aftermarket fuel system these days.
Unless you were just referring to what was mentioned about his system dropping off pressure as soon as the key is off.

Gruca

Established Member
The pressure should continue to build with boost. The regulator is supposed to restrict flow to the return line to increase pressure in the rails, hence more fuel to the engine.

I was given some tests to run today. Voltage at the fuel pump (not the FPCMs) at WOT, and amps on the power wires. Voltage should be over 14 at WOT. Mine only goes to about 13.2. It seems the pumps aren’t getting enough power supplied to them.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Im sure you will figure it out. Let us know when you do, it is definitely voltage related not pressure regulator, so supply/pump side. Racing sucks this time of year anyways, im sitting out a few months too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Stupid question but you have checked your vacuum line to the FPR to ensure it's getting a clean boost/vacuum signal?

Gruca

Established Member
So the GT350 pumps flow 310lph. I’m not sure they are enough for 800rwhp on E85. But with a JMS boost a pump, they’ve worked for over 1,100rwhp. Guess I’ll bite the bullet.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
So the GT350 pumps flow 310lph. I’m not sure they are enough for 800rwhp on E85. But with a JMS boost a pump, they’ve worked for over 1,100rwhp. Guess I’ll bite the bullet.

465s....just saying :)
Keep us posted.

Gruca

Established Member
Need 2 BAPs right?

The one I got is a dual pump booster made for the GT350, since it comes stock with two pumps. It’s plug and play. So just one. It’s expensive as shit, but I’ve noticed most of the JMS ones are. The limit of my setup is 1000rwhp but that’s on pump gas, not E85. So 750ish is probably its limit on E85. Shaun’s 1130rwhp car is running the same setup on E85, with the BAP I got, so I’m fairly confident this should get my fueling back where I want it and allow me to take the waste gate off and make more power.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread