14 GT Paxton New P.B.

Gruca

Established Member
Well, no track runs yet. Fighting a fueling issue up top around 7,700 during data logging. Putting it on the dyno next week so I can monitor fuel pressure during WOT pulls. Nothing can ever be easy...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, no track runs yet. Fighting a fueling issue up top around 7,700 during data logging. Putting it on the dyno next week so I can monitor fuel pressure during WOT pulls. Nothing can ever be easy...
Good luck man.

Gruca

Established Member
So when you install your spark plugs during your engine build (or in general) make sure you don’t go overboard with the dialectic grease. I pulled my plugs and that shit was all over the ends that contact the coils. I just replaced them all and cleaned up the coil, no more going lean. My STFTs sit between 0.92 and 0.95 all the to 8,000 rpms during WOT pulls now.

Gruca

Established Member
Load new tune and of course the WOT log didn’t come back okay...this time I started going lean at 7,400. POS car...

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Never as easy as it sounds huh. Is this with same setup as before still (wastegate at 10 psi, 3.33 pulley or something like that)? Any ideas on what is happening? Is your return system having issues or injector? Maybe some teflon stuck somewhere in system(regulator or injector)?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Also, is it your stft going to like 1.2 or afr or what do you mean going lean?

Gruca

Established Member
Never as easy as it sounds huh. Is this with same setup as before still (wastegate at 10 psi, 3.33 pulley or something like that)? Any ideas on what is happening? Is your return system having issues or injector? Maybe some teflon stuck somewhere in system(regulator or injector)?

Yeah, same setup. Not entirely sure what the deal is at this point. Maybe a clog somewhere. Taking it to a dyno on Thursday to do WOT runs so I can monitor the fuel pressure regulator. If it works, I’ll take the injectors out to get tested and cleaned. Then I have no clue from there..

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Gruca

Established Member
Fixed a couple spark plug gaps and managed to get her to 7,800 without going lean.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I think my problem is spark plug gaps too. May pm you, not an expert on this subject.

Gruca

Established Member
Here’s what my fuel pressure does...

Here’s what it dyno’d (ignore the fact it says 2014 Mustang Cobra):
2R0AAHI.jpg

Last edited:

Gruca

Established Member
Looks great & lots of safe power. Good job!

V.C

Dyno chart looks good, that fuel pressure at WOT does not though. I need to figure out why the fuel pressure drops to 50psi when it should be around 70. Lines aren’t kinked that I can see. The gas tank isn’t pinched them. I’ll have to pull the pumps and check the pre-filter in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread