14 GT Paxton New P.B.

Gruca

Established Member
And now I found I have a slightly bent axle. Ordered a set of Strange 31 spline to put in. Now I have to take the rear end out and get the tubes checked, maybe straightened, and then welded.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m trying to soon. It’s been so damn hot and humid here in Chicago that I haven’t bothered yet.
My position at work was “eliminated” so I have some free time to get it there. I just need the weather to cooperate.
That sucks bro.
Good luck going forward.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Damn man you aren't having much luck lately.

Gruca

Established Member
Put in the new axles. Spider gears were shot too. Replaced those. Got it all back together. Squeaking is gone and no more wobbly wheel...

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Uh oh, i have a wobbly wheel too... how wobbly?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Mine is only wobbly from 70 to 80 mph... replaced the rim and still there... looks like yours was all speeds?

Gruca

Established Member
Mine is only wobbly from 70 to 80 mph... replaced the rim and still there... looks like yours was all speeds?

Yup. The axle was just slightly bent. Enough to cause the wheel to move that small amount in the video. It also make a constant chirping noise. When I started from a stop it also made a loud chirp noise and each time I shifted gears. All of that has been gone since I replaced them.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Yup. The axle was just slightly bent. Enough to cause the wheel to move that small amount in the video. It also make a constant chirping noise. When I started from a stop it also made a loud chirp noise and each time I shifted gears. All of that has been gone since I replaced them.

35 spline will cure that....haha. At least you have been able to find and fix any issues. Like I have always said, when it breaks upgrade it :)

Gruca

Established Member
35 spline will cure that....haha. At least you have been able to find and fix any issues. Like I have always said, when it breaks upgrade it :)

35 spline would be cool but it’s almost cheaper to just put in a 9” vs the work and parts needed for 35 spline in an 8.8”

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
It definitely adds up quickly. I will be due to put some beefier axles in mine sometime soon. It has good 31s now, but I'm sure the splines aren't too happy at this point.

Last edited:

Gruca

Established Member
It definitely adds up quickly. I will due to put some beefier axles in mine sometime soon. It has good 31s now, but I'm sure the splines aren't too happy at this point.

I replaced the stockers with 31 spline Strange axles. Should hold up for a while. I only go to the track 2-3 times a year. I’m still too nervous to go back...I guarantee my trans will explode next time with the luck I’ve been having...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread