14 GT Paxton New P.B.

Gruca

Established Member
I'd say that you will be good on fuel now....if not, something isnt right.

Holds pressure during boost now. Once boost kicks in, it’s gets crazy rich. STFTs were in the low 80s at 7,700 rpms. Sent a new data log to the tuner. I’m thinking it should be good now.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Gruca

Established Member
Waste gate came off. Boost hits 14-15psi now. MAF isn’t showing much of an airflow increase though. Another thing to figure out...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
It maxes out at a certain value, 86 or something like that. Doesnt mean it isnt making more power.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Gruca

Established Member
It maxes out at a certain value, 86 or something like that. Doesnt mean it isnt making more power.

Yeah, that’s the problem it isn’t maxing out as early as it used to. On my older logs, it would max out and stay that way until redline. Now it doesn’t really max out until right at redline.

Gruca

Established Member
Went ahead and changed the belt anyway. What a ****ing pain...I broke the belt tensioner during the process. Always fun to drop $60 for dumb shit...

I can’t get the belt on by myself, so this better be plenty tight to get rid of any slip.

Gruca

Established Member
MAF lbs only goes up to 83 at redline. It’s weird. Boost gauge still shows boost going up to 13-14psi. I made sure all the piping was nice and tight. Not sure why the MAF isn’t maxing out.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I really wouldnt read too much into the maf values from one month to the next. When the air gets bad here my maf values change a lot. Id have to look back at different runs but i remember not getting to max here jn the summer heat even with my e85. It is an uncalibrated measurement device so it can range high or low over time. This is (to me) when a corrected dyno (same one used before) is valuable.

Maf sensor installed in same orientation as before right? I have read of people getting weird readings because it isnt installed in perfect orientation.

Gruca

Established Member
I really wouldnt read too much into the maf values from one month to the next. When the air gets bad here my maf values change a lot. Id have to look back at different runs but i remember not getting to max here jn the summer heat even with my e85. It is an uncalibrated measurement device so it can range high or low over time. This is (to me) when a corrected dyno (same one used before) is valuable.

Maf sensor installed in same orientation as before right? I have read of people getting weird readings because it isnt installed in perfect orientation.

That makes sense. The MAF is right around 9:00 (if the front of the car is 12). That’s where the tuner wanted it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You have a good boost leak tester?

The Paxton on my 14 would peg my MAF lb/min reading on like 11 psi if I remember right.

My bet is belt slip... it’s the reason I dumped the Paxton

If I remember right, you are still 6 rib?

Gruca

Established Member

The Paxton on my 14 would peg my MAF lb/min reading on like 11 psi if I remember right.

I don’t have a boost leak tester. I didn’t get much slip before I rebuilt the engine. At least that I noticed. Same pulley still. Just put a new belt on.

I am on 6 rib still. I couldn’t afford the 8 rib upgrade after rebuilding. I wanted to though.

What turbo did you end up getting? I vaguely remember reading it was On3. Single or twins? How do you like them?

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t have a boost leak tester. I didn’t get much slip before I rebuilt the engine. At least that I noticed. Same pulley still. Just put a new belt on.

I am on 6 rib still. I couldn’t afford the 8 rib upgrade after rebuilding. I wanted to though.

What turbo did you end up getting? I vaguely remember reading it was On3. Single or twins? How do you like them?

Yeah on3 twins. Car ran awesome with that on3 kit but the install was a bitch and a half.

Once I got the exhaust leaks squared away it was great.

On 9 psi the car ran 10.8@131 in 3000ft DA shifting gears with the illustrious MT82.

lenny127

Established Member

that is about right ... i run a smaller vortech v3 ...and on e85 it pegs 86.xx above like 6k all the way to redline ..car puts down 695whp /565 tq ... but i still would not use the maf to determine power or whatever

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I just looked back at my last few logs at the track. I havent pegged the maf sensor readings in months... even with the e85 and 610 rwhp. I also read the readings before e85 and after e85 and they were pretty similar (even though track mph went up from 122-128). Maxed out at 74 lb/min on my [email protected] run and maxed out at 74 lb/min on my 11.8@123 run a few weeks earlier on 93 octane. Both of those runs were in the summer, checked back even further to a winter run last november, ran 11.6@125 and it was maxed out at 84.43 lb/min. I can keep going back in time if you want to when I was maxing out (I remember my previous logs maxing out, strange that my more recent ones do not) but I think you get the picture. Hope this helps someone...

Gruca

Established Member
I just looked back at my last few logs at the track. I havent pegged the maf sensor readings in months... even with the e85 and 610 rwhp. I also read the readings before e85 and after e85 and they were pretty similar (even though track mph went up from 122-128). Maxed out at 74 lb/min on my [email protected] run and maxed out at 74 lb/min on my 11.8@123 run a few weeks earlier on 93 octane. Both of those runs were in the summer, checked back even further to a winter run last november, ran 11.6@125 and it was maxed out at 84.43 lb/min. I can keep going back in time if you want to when I was maxing out (I remember my previous logs maxing out, strange that my more recent ones do not) but I think you get the picture. Hope this helps someone...

Thanks for looking man. I appreciate it. I think I’m good at this point. My tune was finalized today and the car runs great, so I’m just going to enjoy it and not worry about it too much.

Now to figure out what’s squeaking under the car when I hit the gas pedal lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread