10's check...sights on 9's with some new equipment!

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Loving this turbo build!

Please, post more pics of the Borg worner or whatever your using there. Do you plan on ceramic coating the headers and downpipes or wrapping them with the "high-heat tape" or whatever that is called?

Badazzz!!:bowdown::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

These are not fic injectors.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't matter.
If they are not ID1000's, the injector data is incorrect. And likely the injectors were not 'modified' any where close to what Injector Dynamics does. In which case you should not be using ID data for non ID injectors.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Doesn't matter.
If they are not ID1000's, the injector data is incorrect. And likely the injectors were not 'modified' any where close to what Injector Dynamics does. In which case you should not be using ID data for non ID injectors.

We both know anyone who just uses data and does not do proper tuning or at a bare minimum verify the data is correct should not be tuning period. I was using it as an example that these injectors are of the same caliber.

Shaun@AED

We both know anyone who just uses data and does not do proper tuning or at a bare minimum verify the data is correct should not be tuning period. I was using it as an example that these injectors are of the same caliber.

Agreed, but most 'bake' the injector error into the Maf, Transient fueling, cold fuel tables, etc.

I just ran into this over the weekend. A set of '47lb' injectors that I found to be completely different than the FRPP 47's that we have proper 4-bar injector data for. These GT500 47's caused me all kinds of headaches. I found this out while dialing in the maf curve the breakpoint from Low to High slopes. Low slope was ~10% lean at that point but as soon as it transitioned to High slope values the fuel trims at the very next data point in the Maf curve was 5% rich. Adjusting the Maf curve for this variance was NOT a viable option as it would have made a lower Maf data point a higher value than the next point in the curve where it transitioned to High Slope values. Which means the GT500 47's are simply NOT to be used with FRPP 47lb injector data.

In that cars case the issues only showed up with E85 as the Gasoline tune did not transition from Low to High slope in the middle of the Maf Curve like with E85 that had 30-40% more fuel flow.

Point is the injectors you got are not the 'same as' ID's and although I'm sure you'll be able to dial in your tune to use them with Injector Dynamics injector data, it will not be correct calibration as those particular injectors will not have the same characteristics as the ID's. Close enough? Maybe, but not the *same*.

With Injectors Dynamics you get what you pay for, which is the highest quality injector money can buy coupled with FULL aftermarket tuning support via Manufacture generated Injector data for any application. The later of which is key in doing quality calibrations, and takes a LOT of $$$ in high end equipment as well as insane knowledge and extensive engineering background. There is a reason why we pay the price we do for the ID's, and it's far more than most realize.

*steps off soap box*

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Agreed, but most 'bake' the injector error into the Maf, Transient fueling, cold fuel tables, etc.

I just ran into this over the weekend. A set of '47lb' injectors that I found to be completely different than the FRPP 47's that we have proper 4-bar injector data for. These GT500 47's caused me all kinds of headaches. I found this out while dialing in the maf curve the breakpoint from Low to High slopes. Low slope was ~10% lean at that point but as soon as it transitioned to High slope values the fuel trims at the very next data point in the Maf curve was 5% rich. Adjusting the Maf curve for this variance was NOT a viable option as it would have made a lower Maf data point a higher value than the next point in the curve where it transitioned to High Slope values. Which means the GT500 47's are simply NOT to be used with FRPP 47lb injector data.

In that cars case the issues only showed up with E85 as the Gasoline tune did not transition from Low to High slope in the middle of the Maf Curve like with E85 that had 30-40% more fuel flow.

Point is the injectors you got are not the 'same as' ID's and although I'm sure you'll be able to dial in your tune to use them with Injector Dynamics injector data, it will not be correct calibration as those particular injectors will not have the same characteristics as the ID's. Close enough? Maybe, but not the *same*.

With Injectors Dynamics you get what you pay for, which is the highest quality injector money can buy coupled with FULL aftermarket tuning support via Manufacture generated Injector data for any application. The later of which is key in doing quality calibrations, and takes a LOT of $$$ in high end equipment as well as insane knowledge and extensive engineering background. There is a reason why we pay the price we do for the ID's, and it's far more than most realize.

*steps off soap box*

Agreed, 100% I think we even have had this conversation on the phone. I think I might have said it wrong... I in no way meant that I'm going to use ID injector data for these injectors. I did say I have seen many cars tuned via megasquirt and AEM using the ID data as a starting point, but even supplied injector data for tuning software can be improved on..as you know im sure.

ID's has very good injectors with very good data. Are they the end all to injectors, I hope not. We will see how these turn out, if it takes a little bit of work to dial them in correctly then so be it (hell I might even have to make a few phone calls) but if it can be done, with out a huge hassle its damn worth it to me to save the cash. Then it can be repeated by the next person very easily.

I guess I should have never compared them to Injector Dynamics...lol

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Lets get this back on track with a Fresh Photo of the new Downpipe:rockon:

IMG957317_zpsd340ac94.jpg

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Can't wait to see how this kit does with the auto!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
5in down pipe. Cuz racecar :rockon:

Sir, this is will likely be the most Street Driven turbo charged Coyote Mustang in this Country, World, Solar System, Galaxy with a 6r80 and a Yellow paint job...please dont call it a "race car"...:rolling:

LOL

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Just got a good deal on an Eboost2
Product_eb2a1.jpg

Just gotta pick me up an intercooler pump and Then get some free time to install this sucker!

spdracr0

Established Member
I "drank the Kool Aid" and got the ID1000s for my Lightning, had it dialed in within the day after trying to figure out how to get the 80s to drive like I wanted them. Started to rethink my tuning abilities. I got them to run decent but there were ALOT of band aides and manipulation that I did not care for. Now I just need to drink up again and let Shaun tune the 2011 as I have not started trying to tune on it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread