10's check...sights on 9's with some new equipment!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Yes sir. I think we're either 2:2 or 3:1(him/me) I can't remember how many times we raced. It was at least 3 times though. Damn auto!! Argh.. lol It was basically my first time out with the tremec so I have a long way to go. That's half the fun though, amirite?

I'd say not bad to the both of us coming out with new setups. You say damn auto, some times I wish I did have a manual car...so untill I get the 6r80 dialed in for this turbo setup...damn your manual! :beer:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Computer closing the throttle is so damn annoying though.. ugh I wish there was a way to disable clutch protection strategy

D.T.R

Established Member
Can we see the other one? :banana:

First pass of the day (and the setup) went a 10.97@126, few passes later got closer with the boost controller to keep it at a solid 7.5, but it was still dropping to 5.5 above 5000 rpm. Kept making small adjustments and got it better, only dropping to about 6lbs ran a 10.88@127 with a 1.7X 60'. It got to about 92*

Best run of the day was the 10.88@127 (on a pass vs justin) with a crappy 60' falling to 6lbs anything over 5000rpm.

Have a lot of lessons learned on my end with some tranny tuning with something that makes a lot of torque though the entire rpm band. Going back on the dyno to sort out the eboost2 correction factor (where i can data log rpm vs boost) and to Finally mess with some cam and ignition timing.

I was reading some of the posts about mid to low 10's at 140MPH....i could only wish, seems like I never get a "perfect" first time out lol

Good hanging out/talking to Red Turtle and Justinjor

Nice man, et/mph will get better eventually.
what RPMs were you launching it at?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Nice man, et/mph will get better eventually.
what RPMs were you launching it at?

On the two step @ ~2700rpm building 2lbs of boost.

Got back to the shop and played around with some things, and I now see ~4lbs on the two step....wish I could have seen my 60' with that.

Yea The ET/MPH has alot to do with the tranny, I just did not feel like diving into Advantage that much out there in the heat. I did get to dial in some correction factor but, overall I know what I gotta do and I cant wait till this thursday night for Test/Tune.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Pull the exhaust off so we can actually hear the car. It's ridiculously quiet. lol

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I'm sure its not what you want to hear, but I believe that tranny is getting tired. Hay while its out LOL have that convert reflashed. One thing for sure, N2O makes torque also. Id start by pulling the pan and see if any clutch material is inside. Its not like its new. LOL Sorry I had to be the one.

D.T.R

Established Member
On the two step @ ~2700rpm building 2lbs of boost.

Got back to the shop and played around with some things, and I now see ~4lbs on the two step....wish I could have seen my 60' with that.

Yea The ET/MPH has alot to do with the tranny, I just did not feel like diving into Advantage that much out there in the heat. I did get to dial in some correction factor but, overall I know what I gotta do and I cant wait till this thursday night for Test/Tune.

Noice. Must be nice to be able to do your own tuning and what not lol
I'm going to SGMP this friday... with all the rubber they must have laid at No Mercy i'm sure the track will be on point. Not that I ever spin tho lol but i want to see what the car does on this cooler air. It went 11.8 on 90+ degreees & 2600+DA at OSW a month ago... so i'm sure with these nicer temps it may go a lil faster.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I'm sure its not what you want to hear, but I believe that tranny is getting tired. Hay while its out LOL have that convert reflashed. One thing for sure, N2O makes torque also. Id start by pulling the pan and see if any clutch material is inside. Its not like its new. LOL Sorry I had to be the one.

Get out of here with that!

Going for the Fastest, Highest Mileage, Street Driven, STOCK Long Block, with Factory sealed 6r80......thats yellow!......with a turbo.

04compgt

Established Member
Hope to find some of it Thursday!

Bad news! I don't see BMP opening this Thursday! But they will be doing Saturday from 8 pm - 1 am. Make sure you bring some VHT with you though since it is street heat. I will more than likely be attending since I need to dial in my car for FL2K.

Users who are viewing this thread