1,600 mile Sonic Blue Cobra

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's already at $43,000 with 6 days to go. This will be an interesting auction to follow.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just for the record ANY vehicle with an electronic odometer other than a Tesla can have the miles turned back. FACT!!!!! Cost $250.

I know, the computer will save the mileage in the ECU and the dealer will see that. Nope!

Dude I know is an Uber driver. Owned a Camry hybrid. Kept it it mint condition. Had 150k miles on it. Sold it recently with 12k miles after turning mileage back. Took 45 seconds he told me.

This stuff takes place in NY City and its Russians that have this technology. Im sure other do to tho.....

Jus sayn 1600 miles could have 30k miles. Impossible for u to know if it was kept in mint condition.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just for the record ANY vehicle with an electronic odometer other than a Tesla can have the miles turned back. FACT!!!!! Cost $250.

I know, the computer will save the mileage in the ECU and the dealer will see that. Nope!

Dude I know is an Uber driver. Owned a Camry hybrid. Kept it it mint condition. Had 150k miles on it. Sold it recently with 12k miles after turning mileage back. Took 45 seconds he told me.

This stuff takes place in NY City and its Russians that have this technology. Im sure other do to tho.....

Jus sayn 1600 miles could have 30k miles. Impossible for u to know if it was kept in mint condition.
This is true! It's a growing issue.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
This is true! It's a growing issue.

Remember reading that in 1972 forward they started to put dye packs on the odometers so when you tried the old drill roll back it would crack them and so permanent ink would stain and so mark the odometer as messed with.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

as you say it probably is possible with the right technology, but i think in this case you can tell that this cobra really does have extremely low miles and has probably been painstakingly stored in climate controlled garage for the last 20 years.

looking at the details of the pics, you can tell from the condition of the undercarriage and other parts that it hasn't seen much road action at all. in fact, this thing is so pristine i'm even surprised it has as many miles as it shows.

side note, i haven't looked closely at all the pics because 200+ but the only thing i can tell that is a deviation from absolute showroom stock is the replacement battery and no positive cable cover.

beautiful car.

but, imo, it's also a waste of a beautiful car. (unless the new owner starts driving the shit out of it, which probably ain't gonna happen at that price)

Users who are viewing this thread