08 z06 vs 89 347 fox

tistan

Established Member
I had a formato tune for a about a year. The car never ran right. If I let the rpms go under 2000 the car would buck and sputter. I could never start it up and take off without it stalling because it was to rich on cold start. He even checked it again on his laptop and said everything looked good. I just got done paying Tony Gonyon at Tuners Inc. in Jax, Fl to make it run right.

Last edited:

MHShockey

Established Member
yo....this is Hurley...first of all lets clear some things up. I ran the fox from HIS race with a 200lb passanger. The fox=no passanger. I ran him because he wanted to run, no big deal he is a nice guy. I did not read this whole thread but I have had over 10 phone calls about it so its time I post up. Now lets get to the race...I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE VIDEO TO BE POSTED, 1st gear 30mph we go on 3...His car jumps out nasty almost a full car, I slam 2nd now he is only out a half car, I slam 3rd coming for him hard, he hits the brakes as he is about 8-12inches in front of me at the top of 3rd.... If we would have stayed in it in 4th I would have walked him bad. Now yes I did get some mods and I did come out to race last night, he had already gone home again not a big deal but im not saying I wont race him again...he is the one wanting to run me so bad so I want a 50roll....anyone crying about a 50 roll needs to STFU...I already gave him his 30 roll. My car is making power now and will kill him now, but it also will not hook at all in 1st gear its pointless for me to do a 30 roll. As for bob saying "its not my fault his car isnt setup for a 30 roll" well guess what bob, its not my fault your car cant to a 50 roll and before I get all the haters understand I do like Mustangs I had 2-GT's in the past and 3-03 cobra's also...I love stangs and give him mad props for his fox but it just cracks me up how this all gets twisted around! Bob whenever your ready 50 punch and you get the hit and ill take a passanger to video from my car. Thats my only offer to race you, if you wont do it, its not hurting my feelings.

-Hurley

:beer:

and fyi my z is an 06.

whipplesnake

Established Member
yo....this is Hurley...first of all lets clear some things up. I ran the fox from HIS race with a 200lb passanger. The fox=no passanger. I ran him because he wanted to run, no big deal he is a nice guy. I did not read this whole thread but I have had over 10 phone calls about it so its time I post up. Now lets get to the race...I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE VIDEO TO BE POSTED, 1st gear 30mph we go on 3...His car jumps out nasty almost a full car, I slam 2nd now he is only out a half car, I slam 3rd coming for him hard, he hits the brakes as he is about 8-12inches in front of me at the top of 3rd.... If we would have stayed in it in 4th I would have walked him bad. Now yes I did get some mods and I did come out to race last night, he had already gone home again not a big deal but im not saying I wont race him again...he is the one wanting to run me so bad so I want a 50roll....anyone crying about a 50 roll needs to STFU...I already gave him his 30 roll. My car is making power now and will kill him now, but it also will not hook at all in 1st gear its pointless for me to do a 30 roll. As for bob saying "its not my fault his car isnt setup for a 30 roll" well guess what bob, its not my fault your car cant to a 50 roll and before I get all the haters understand I do like Mustangs I had 2-GT's in the past and 3-03 cobra's also...I love stangs and give him mad props for his fox but it just cracks me up how this all gets twisted around! Bob whenever your ready 50 punch and you get the hit and ill take a passanger to video from my car. Thats my only offer to race you, if you wont do it, its not hurting my feelings.

-Hurley

and fyi my z is an 06.

I beat you from a 30 -125 by a few feet, with you carrying a passenger.
You mod up, I stay the same, but you want a rematch with a different race?(one we both know I have no chance in) My race would be a 1/4 mile dig or a very slow roll 5-20. My car could never beat you from a 50 roll. I guess you don't think you can beat me from 30 even with your new mods and minus a 200lbs passenger:shrug: If your ok with that, so am I.

cah41

Established Member
You will get smoked. C6z's ftmfw! I want one so bad, ive watched them stay neck and neck or lose only by a little with kb and whipple cobras in near stock form many times. Down low we can torque jump them a little but the faster you go the superior aerodynamics and weight of the vette really make a difference.

hmmm...no offense/not to be a physics geek, but technically, the faster you go the less the weight difference will matter and the more it will be about power:drag ratio.

...Not to say that the weight difference won't matter at speeds that people race at (100-150 or so lets say), b/c it definitely will--it's just that it will matter less the faster you go, and the most at very low speeds.
Like you said, the low end advantage we have is likely due to the blower's instant torque, and their high end advantage due to a screaming N/A setup + a marked aerodynamic advantage. :-D

tistan

Established Member

-Hurley

and fyi my z is an 06.

It used to only be ricers who used the "my car won't hook from a dig excuese" and try to run from rediculous speeds. Why won't your zo6 hook in first gear? It has to be driver error. I've been in a few modded zo6, and none of them had a problem getting theirs to hook. The only c6z I know that had a problem hooking had a built motor with a procharger f1.

For not getting your feelings hurt, you sure seem butt hurt in your post.

blk03stang

Established Member
I beat you from a 30 -125 by a few feet, with you carrying a passenger.
You mod up, I stay the same, but you want a rematch with a different race?(one we both know I have no chance in) My race would be a 1/4 mile dig or a very slow roll 5-20. My car could never beat you from a 50 roll. I guess you don't think you can beat me from 30 even with your new mods and minus a 200lbs passenger:shrug: If your ok with that, so am I.

Really? Do the math if my car spun in 1st gear when it was bone stock on stock tires, how do you think it will do with 60+more rwhp and on the SAME STOCK TIRES? If I had better tires (which I will get when I have the money) I would kill you from a 30 and be more than happy to run you from a 30. But on these shitty "supercar runflats" it would be stupid on my end to race a gutted 347 n20 fox on 15" DR's. Just plain stupid on my part unless I have good tires....

It used to only be ricers who used the "my car won't hook from a dig excuese" and try to run from rediculous speeds. Why won't your zo6 hook in first gear? It has to be driver error. I've been in a few modded zo6, and none of them had a problem getting theirs to hook. The only c6z I know that had a problem hooking had a built motor with a procharger f1.

For not getting your feelings hurt, you sure seem butt hurt in your post.

Because it makes 496rwhp and its on stock runflats......driver error hahahaha. and naw not butt hurt at all just think its funny :banana:

and LMFAO at 50 being a rediculous speed hahahahhaha its simple if you dont like a 50 or 60 roll then dont race me :rolling: not my problem if you wont run from a roll.

oh and this is Hurley again lol

F8l Vnm

Established Member

-Hurley

and fyi my z is an 06.

Fair post...:beer: Dont beat your self uo bro if they dont wanna race on YOUR terms now..
And for cats that dont know the Stock Goodyear Run Flats on the Z06's suck when it comes to straight line traction...
When My 08Z was stock on a cold night it wouldnt hook up in first , so when a little worn they dont grip for shit..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread