08 z06 vs 89 347 fox

whipplesnake

Established Member
A friend with a 08 z06(cai) wants to do a 30-125 roll against my 89 coupe(347, eddy heads,cobra intake, b-cam,100 shot)Do I stand a chance?:shrug:

Last edited:

sicfast

Established Member
Have not gone to the track or dyno . N/A my guess is about 300 rwh 350 tq. I Think it runs about mid 12's on motor. 5 speed,3.27 gears, drag radials.

you will lose

also big difference in what the car may be capable of running, and the drivers capability, either way, even if that ZO6 had a shitty driver it will still eat you alive.

1.8t

Established Member
Who cares race the dude and find out unless there is a lot of ego involved :)

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
You will get smoked. C6z's ftmfw! I want one so bad, ive watched them stay neck and neck or lose only by a little with kb and whipple cobras in near stock form many times. Down low we can torque jump them a little but the faster you go the superior aerodynamics and weight of the vette really make a difference.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Have not gone to the track or dyno . N/A my guess is about 300 rwh 350 tq. I Think it runs about mid 12's on motor. 5 speed,3.27 gears, drag radials.

You don't have a chance.... you might get out a little from a stop, but by the top of 1st he'll be long gone.

From a roll.... he'll drag you down the highway. I'd guess 12 cars by 125.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Wow.....alot of c6z nutswingers around these parts.... LS1tech, is that what site we are on?

Anyhow, I think it will come down to the driver. You are probably going to be around 3200# with driver....and on 100 shot I would say about 425-450rwhp....give or take.

The Z will weigh pretty close, but your power curve will be a lot better on spray. Are you on big n littles? If so, and you hook....you'll jump out....and probably slightly get fetched....queestion is: will you be ahead by the time he starts coming?

I'll be the only one. I saqy you got him covered by about a car. Let's see how smart fellow SVTP members are.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
You don't have a chance.... you might get out a little from a stop, but by the top of 1st he'll be long gone.

From a roll.... he'll drag you down the highway. I'd guess 12 cars by 125.

WOW.

You are ate up. Beenbeat one too many times by c6z's???

12 cars? That is the stupidest shit I have ever read.

I love the interwebs....

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
I actually think it may be close. Do you have any weight reduction or anything? Like a few comments above you power curve is going to be better because of the juice. If anything spray a 150 shot !!

randoo

Established Member
You will get smoked. C6z's ftmfw! I want one so bad, ive watched them stay neck and neck or lose only by a little with kb and whipple cobras in near stock form many times. Down low we can torque jump them a little but the faster you go the superior aerodynamics and weight of the vette really make a difference.

Die...:beer:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
your best bet by far is from a dig. anything above 120mph and he'll be running by you. should be a good race, but i think he's got you edged out

Users who are viewing this thread