08 z06 vs 89 347 fox

blk03stang

Established Member
Fair post...:beer: Dont beat your self uo bro if they dont wanna race on YOUR terms now..
And for cats that dont know the Stock Goodyear Run Flats on the Z06's suck when it comes to straight line traction...
When My 08Z was stock on a cold night it wouldnt hook up in first , so when a little worn they dont grip for shit..

:beer: :banana:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Get out of this thread PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha watup bro? How ya been? bring that old red beast down to Florida so I can draaaaaaaaag it!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We always had good clean races with me winning until you had to go and get a chevy you traitor! O well bad ass car non the less....

I am trying to decide what my next mod will be. Since I care about track times might get a ported eaton and drop some more weight on the car, although I have seen some good deals on turbo kits lately :banana:

How is Florida treating you?

blk03stang

Established Member
We always had good clean races with me winning until you had to go and get a chevy you traitor! O well bad ass car non the less....

I am trying to decide what my next mod will be. Since I care about track times might get a ported eaton and drop some more weight on the car, although I have seen some good deals on turbo kits lately :banana:

How is Florida treating you?

turbo it.....Florida is awesome, come visit anytime, you will have a blast! ! ! :dancenana:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My race would be a 1/4 mile dig or a very slow roll 5-20. My car could never beat you from a 50 roll. I guess you don't think you can beat me from 30 even with your new mods and minus a 200lbs passenger:shrug: If your ok with that, so am I.

Do you have a 4.10 / 4.30 / 4.56 gear or something? If so I guess I kinda see why you wanna do dig or low rolls.

Why don't you guys do one of each, a dig run and a 50mph roll. :banana: (and of course get it on video for us to watch).

99redls1

Established Member
Do you have a 4.10 / 4.30 / 4.56 gear or something? If so I guess I kinda see why you wanna do dig or low rolls.

Why don't you guys do one of each, a dig run and a 50mph roll. :banana: (and of course get it on video for us to watch).

Im pretty sure that he has 3.55's I would like to see this again some time soon. You guys should just do both again.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
The vette guy sure was upset when he posted.lol. Didnt anyone ever tell vette drivers and ricers that rolls are for fat chicks?? If you cant drive your 50,000 car from a dig since it has been crafted by god you need to stay on the porch with the rest of the vtec crew.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
A friend with a 08 z06(cai) wants to do a 30-125 roll against my 89 coupe(347, eddy heads,cobra intake, b-cam,100 shot)Do I stand a chance?:shrug:

No not at all. I bet you only make 320rwhp N/A and on a 100 shot you will probably make 400rwhp. No where close to enough to take a new Z06.

Shitty combo on the 347 ftmfl

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
With a 347, heads, cam and so on, not to include the 100 shot, your making more than 300rwhp. With what i had on my 95 302 almost make 300rwhp with heads, cam and intake. You would have to be 350+rwhp and with that 100 shot, probably around 450rwhp+ . i think from a dig with slicks, hit the nitrous out of the hole will put you a few lengths on him. but like others said, the Z has the win on the top end.

Wishful thinking on everything you said

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Ah I read the outcome, nice. But a 331 would have done better. ;-)

Not with everything (heads/cam/intake/exhaust) being the same.

347's are nice, he stepped down in gear.....and the car is faster now...lol they are all good, and have their pro's and con's.

Went from 73's to 27's......and the car is faster. That is awesome. Wish I could do that.

blk03stang

Established Member
Is that all it makes? Lmfao definitley driver error.

who are you? I have no need to defend my driving...ask anyone that knows me......

The vette guy sure was upset when he posted.lol. Didnt anyone ever tell vette drivers and ricers that rolls are for fat chicks?? If you cant drive your 50,000 car from a dig since it has been crafted by god you need to stay on the porch with the rest of the vtec crew.

hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhaha vette driver, this is my 3rd vette, and I have had 5 stangs....2 03 cobra's and 1 04 cobra. I rolled MT's on all of them and I didnt bitch about doing rolls when I could to digs just fine as well....go **** yourself.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
who are you? I have no need to defend my driving...ask anyone that knows me......

hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhaha vette driver, this is my 3rd vette, and I have had 5 stangs....2 03 cobra's and 1 04 cobra. I rolled MT's on all of them and I didnt bitch about doing rolls when I could to digs just fine as well....go **** yourself.

Apparently not cause you want a 50 roll MR. go **** yourself.

Have a nice day :kaboom:

F8l Vnm

Established Member

Sorry bro but know one told me that Roll racing is for FAT CHICKS???lol:lol:
Didnt even know fat chicks race...
There is alot of hate in your post, its cool bro..Hate is a great thing...:-D
See you on the HWY;s.....:p

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Not with everything (heads/cam/intake/exhaust) being the same.

347's are nice, he stepped down in gear.....and the car is faster now...lol they are all good, and have their pro's and con's.

Went from 73's to 27's......and the car is faster. That is awesome. Wish I could do that.

It was sarcasm. :poke: I own a 331

1hot281

Established Member
30-125 Roll race? okay...

How about a drag race? from a dig? Maybe?

I mean, it's not like either of you are driving a 800whp Turbo cobra or a Supra 1000hp dyno queen... 11-12 second cars will hook on the street with a decent driver... and in that respect, that's where the race will be won or lost: DRIVING ABILITY

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread