08 z06 vs 89 347 fox

whipplesnake

Established Member
Wow, a lot of varying opinions. I did have a Whipple Cobra that was MUCH faster than the 89 fox I have now, so it's kind of interesting some think that car would lose to the Z06. It sure would suck to get beat by 12 car lengths.:eek:

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
I don't think you will lose by that much. I'm gonna say the z by 3 cars from 30-125

+1 I dont see you winning but a 347 and a 100 shot should be a pretty fast car.

I would think your 347 would have to be making at least 350hp if those heads are aluminum, so with the nitrous you would be around 450 hp and 500 tq. I dont see why it wouldnt be a good race with the edge to the Z.

Epikmach

Established Member
My buddy with a low 10 second S trim stroker fox beat a C6 Z06 about 4 times from a slow roll on the street, but it was a close race. Not sure if the Z06 was stock though?

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I'd say between 2-4 cars by 130 because vettes are top end whores.

evasbird

Established Member
So your friend wants to prove how bad his 70K or whatever car is compared to a 17K car thats 20 years old. Not only that but he wants to do it in a race that is clearly to his advantage. WTF? Tell him to go get a cup of starbucks and get over it. I'm assuming the 347 is a quality built and forged internals motor. Ditch the cobra intake and get a good carburetor, vic. jr intake, and a 175 shot. Lighten your car up some and tell him to take it to the track.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Have not gone to the track or dyno . N/A my guess is about 300 rwh 350 tq. I Think it runs about mid 12's on motor. 5 speed,3.27 gears, drag radials.

if you swapped to 3.73's it might be a bit better of a race, stock gearing is what is killing your car. you say you think you might be making 300rwhp and 350tq? the Z06 has 505hp stock wich would be roughly around i would say oh 430+rwhp so i'm gonna call this one a :nono:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
For the people who cannot read, and keep on mentioning 300 hp / 12's.....notice he stated he has 100 shot.

I think a 347 with eddy heads, b cam, and cobra intake needs no gearing. Why would anyone want to stay in the upper RPM on a torquey set-up like that? Stock gearing and a good sticky tire, is the way to go on that fox the way it is. Especially on spray.

Change that cam, intake, and put a 150 shot on it, and the Z doesnt stand a chance....

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
With a 347, heads, cam and so on, not to include the 100 shot, your making more than 300rwhp. With what i had on my 95 302 almost make 300rwhp with heads, cam and intake. You would have to be 350+rwhp and with that 100 shot, probably around 450rwhp+ . i think from a dig with slicks, hit the nitrous out of the hole will put you a few lengths on him. but like others said, the Z has the win on the top end.

tegaman111

Established Member
go get your car dynoed. if u r not on the stock block with that 347 and your engine is built, up the nitrous to 175 to 200 shot! U WILL HAVE HIM!

whipplesnake

Established Member
go get your car dynoed. if u r not on the stock block with that 347 and your engine is built, up the nitrous to 175 to 200 shot! U WILL HAVE HIM!

A 200 shot? My car is stock block with hyper pistons, it's not worth blowing the motor to win a race.

On the 100 shot I beat a 01 gt(bolt on, cams,125 shot) that people seem to think is fast, so I'll stick with my 100 shot.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
So your friend wants to prove how bad his 70K or whatever car is compared to a 17K car thats 20 years old. Not only that but he wants to do it in a race that is clearly to his advantage. WTF? Tell him to go get a cup of starbucks and get over it. QUOTE]

What ? :rollseyes
Every once in a while there is an idiot with this comment and you sir are todays idiot...Why do people always bring up the money factor? WHO CARES!
Its all in good fun man...

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
n/a on motor he will take you pretty dam good, esp from a roll, but with your car spraying nitrous you will be making prob same rwhp and weight of both cars will be simliar, it will be prob drivers race on nitrous prob,but on motor he will put buslenghts on you.

Users who are viewing this thread