08 z06 vs 89 347 fox

02GTP

Banned
my old teacher has the sportsman block? 5.0 stock bottom end and he runs a 200 shot all the time. he has a typical h/c/i setup and makes 300wheel on motor. his best run is lower 11's@119. he also has a torino that runs low 8's@170ish. dont know if he was getting the full 200 shot there but he would still get owned by a stock z. and your friends has an intake so his z is prolly 460-470 wheel. i think even with spray, your done for.

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
i won't say the Z06 will win because anything can happen on the street, but here is my personal experience with a foxbody and i just have a CAI, go to 47 seconds in the vid

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C6-Z06-vs-Built-S4-Fox-vs_695848.htm]C6 Z06 vs Built S4; Nitrous Fox Body;350z vs 370z - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

i was doing 150 when i past the SEMI

Last edited:

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
sorry I am late on this, but I think you CAN take him if you are tuned right.

I had a hci 347 that made 394 rwhp built to the hilt. Only had the setup for 2 mos before I sold it....weight is about the same....mine was a coupe. I walked a blown 01 Cobra pretty good (2 cars).

I also had an 89 Saleen with hci/blower making 390 rwhp that ran 119 mph.

So with the juice I say you COULD be 500 rwhp. So if that is the case, I say you could take him.

C6Z06427

Established Member
You won't stand a chance unless you spray. If he wants to run you from a 35 roll, then that mights he gonna start in the middle of 1st gear. Remember a C6Z06 1st gear goes up to 60mph, then 2nd goes up to 90 or so. He will be able to stretch his legs more between gears due to the 7k redline..

I say he will have you by 2 cars:D

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
are you stupid?

Well, maybe. I forgot what board we are on.

Even if you win, just say you lost.

If you happen to win, these Z nutswingers will probably make excuses for the car you raced. Or, you WILL get accused of having a much more powerful set-up then you do. I can see it now....

You will lose either way.

If you REALLY lose, SVTP has some smart members.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
You won't stand a chance unless you spray. If he wants to run you from a 35 roll, then that mights he gonna start in the middle of 1st gear. Remember a C6Z06 1st gear goes up to 60mph, then 2nd goes up to 90 or so. He will be able to stretch his legs more between gears due to the 7k redline..

I say he will have you by 2 cars:D

Good post. Good to see a Z owner helping out. 2 cars is very realistic.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
whatever you do, DONT go from a 30 roll, and DEFINITELY dont go from a 50roll. those 2 speeds are in the heart of the power band for a c6z (1st/2nd gear). your best bet is to go from a dig and try to hold on for dear life till 100mph, then the race will be over. good luck, get it on vid and post it up :beer:

02GTP

Banned
98snake03, where do u figure he will be 500 wheel? if he is 300 on motor he is not going to gain 200whp with a 100 shot. and im not familiar with ford pushrod setups but it doesnt sound like he has a "built to the hilt setup." sounds like it is a cheaper low revving torque setup. and if thats the case, kiss your ass goodbye, ESPECIALLY from a roll.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
My thinking:

Z = 450rwhp , 3300-3400 #'s.

Fox = 420rwhp, 3100-3200 #'s

Fox will have more torque, will probably jump out, and is anywhere from 200-300 pounds lighter....AND will probably have about the SAME average power throughout the race.

From like 120+ I think the Z will pull the fox very easily, but from a slow roll, up to about 110-120 I think this race is a very even match, considering both drivers are up to par.

I have seen videos of whipplesnakes car on streetfire, I know he can drive and has experience, what if the Z owner is new to manuals and sport cars altogether? Think outside the box people.

whipplesnake

Established Member
I have seen videos of whipplesnakes car on streetfire, I know he can drive and has experience, what if the Z owner is new to manuals and sport cars altogether? Think outside the box people.

I sold the Cobra,so no more of this.....

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Whippled-Cobra-VS-Modded_175940.htm]Whippled Cobra VS Modded ZX-9R - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

now I drive this. No nos in this vid.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1999-ls1-VS-1988-347_693742.htm"]1999 ls1 VS 1988 347 mustang - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

Last edited:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Wow....

You went from a Cobra that beat 9 second bikes from rolls, to a fox coupe with h/c/i that gets beat by bolt-on F-bodies? Ouch...

evasbird

Established Member
So your friend wants to prove how bad his 70K or whatever car is compared to a 17K car thats 20 years old. Not only that but he wants to do it in a race that is clearly to his advantage. WTF? Tell him to go get a cup of starbucks and get over it. QUOTE]

What ? :rollseyes
Every once in a while there is an idiot with this comment and you sir are todays idiot...Why do people always bring up the money factor? WHO CARES!
Its all in good fun man...

Dont get your feelings hurt because you drive the same car ass. My point was that the guys friend wants to race him with everything being to his advantage. OP if you give him his race make him do one from a dig.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
98snake03, where do u figure he will be 500 wheel? if he is 300 on motor he is not going to gain 200whp with a 100 shot. and im not familiar with ford pushrod setups but it doesnt sound like he has a "built to the hilt setup." sounds like it is a cheaper low revving torque setup. and if thats the case, kiss your ass goodbye, ESPECIALLY from a roll.

I wasn't saying he was built like I was....I was just saying it's possible....given his mods, there is a 100-125 rwhp range of combos out there.

But 500 rwhp....very possible with a 347 built right with a 100 shot.

Maybe I read too fast, or not through all posts...I didn't know he was only making 300 rwhp. Shit...I made that with a hci stock block.

You are right as far as the lo buck setup.

I knew a guy with the Holley systemax kit on a 347 that only ran 110.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
my '06 c6z on the scale at hrp was 3115. not sure where 3400 is coming from, unless someone is adding driver weight plus some cement. i'd say the 347 would only stand a chance from a pure dig scenario, hopefully geared and with a tire and driver thats adequate. the c6z's are actually easy to launch imo, but the harsh reality is vette owners as a group have a lousy cross section of launch capability. more drag racers own mustangs.

from any roll mph, the stang stands no chance against a c6z driver with even half a clue. zero. nada. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread