04'/69' Mach 1 Hybrid

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
Oh wow. That thing is incredibly awesome looking!! That and the SN65 are the best resto-mods I've seen by far. EVER! The ammount of fabrication is just insane. Outstanding job!

ahem... video? please?

71stang99

Established Member
I have always said/thought that instead of the manufactures making retro vehicle that they should take the old body of a popular car like the 69 (my favorite) and put modern power plants in them they could sell a zillion of them. I dont know why they dont because if the car doesnt make MPG just charge the guzzler tax and it should not hurt the original cars value, perhaps even raise the value as it is a repro vs. original. I would gladly buy a car like this from the factory vs. the current turd on the street

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Quick question. Are you gonna do any hints of the original mach 1 such as the black hood? mach 1 decals? Rear wing? Front splitter? Rear window Louvers? Just wondering, not suggesting.

edgars23

The Stable Productions
Established Member
Great job on the build. One of the nicest 69's I have ever seen. F that, it is the nicest I have ever seen. A few questions for you if you don't mind.
Did you use the whole floor pan from the Mach donor or just the seat platforms? Did you have to do anything special to get the correct angle/position for the seats?
I ask this because I have some Mach 1 seats waiting to go into my 67 coupe and I don't know if I should just weld some custom brackets together or got get some platforms from an 99-04 donor.
You should definitely be getting a couple of magazine covers for this. Congrats on an awesome build and thank you sharing your project with us.

SNEEKYSNAKE

Mustang Crazy
Established Member
aoc racer said:
Quick question. Are you gonna do any hints of the original mach 1 such as the black hood? mach 1 decals? Rear wing? Front splitter? Rear window Louvers? Just wondering, not suggesting.

Yes, we wanted to, but it looks so clean the way it is we really like it. I am sure we will do that on down the road after the new wears off, I think it would look really awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread