Nolimit

Established Member
Voila!

AAC729F6_zps547001c6.jpg

Do they come with that SVT plate?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Juat thoufht of something...E85 burns colder than gas thus allowing more timing. What are you putting down on 91/93?

I can see these engines putting out big power and surviving on e85 but what about the hotter burning gasoline.

Here are my numbers on 93 using the BBK twin 65 and GT500TB

vmptvs32bbkvsdragon93.jpg

dpancer

Established Member
I'll be placing my order for a reman tomorrow. I called AER and they confirmed that all tolerances are OEM spec, including the PTW.

I degreed my old engine not to long ago. I did notice a small increase in torque even though it had stock cams. I'm wondering if I should degree the new motor as soon as I get it. the old cams were off 6* degrees on the exhaust and 6.5* on the intakes. That way I can transfer all my ARP cam and crank bolts from the old one to the new one as well. Has anyone had any degree experience with these new re manufactured motors?

Now, would removing the stock cylinder head bolts and replacing them with my ARPs on the old engine be too much? All my ARP ware has about 5 miles of break-in ussage...so its like brand new. I see it a waste of money if I'll never get a chance to use them again. would I have to replace the head gasket If i did this?

svtshadow

Banned
how much are these reman motors running? obviously varies by shipping but what about just the motor?

Motor actually cost around $4000 with core. Basically, pay $6000. Send them your bad motor. They verify its a terminator motor, then they send you $2000 back. Doesn't matter in the motor has a hole on its side, as long as its a terminator motor.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
They're $4500 after the core return and shipping varies. I just got a quote about 2 weeks ago. Out of pocket it was $6750. Just received a call on Friday letting me know they just got 2 in. They were back ordered when I called initially and they give you a call if you want one... they don't last long...

Last edited:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Did some digging myself today but not sure how accurate the info is I received. I emailed AER and asked the same questions. I was told the reman engines have all stock components except the pistons. David, the person i spoke to, said he thinks the pistons are Federal Mogul and the PTW clearance is the same as stock. So it seems like there are conflicting stories coming from AER. I guess it just depends on what person you speak to :shrug:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
So taken that into account, which is better? Mahle or Federal Mogul? Maybe I should try to contact some one from AER to see what they say.

Give it a try... I called two days ago and tryed asking questions and they pretty much told me to go away because I'm not part of the Ford Company. I was told to call Ford , since they have a contract with them, and have Ford contact them to ask my questions. Instead I e-mailed them and got some sort of answers.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
The bottom line is don't worry about it.
The remans have to meet or exceed Ford requirements.
I haven't heard of any failures except a turbo guy running 1000+
Mine has been in since 2005. It has seen more dyno time that 20 cars on here combined.
The motor has been auto crossed, road raced and has made a lot of 1/4 mile passes.
If you want a custom motor pay to have one built. Expect $5000+ easy.
Just my $.02 which is probably worth $.01

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
The bottom line is don't worry about it.
The remans have to meet or exceed Ford requirements.
I haven't heard of any failures except a turbo guy running 1000+
Mine has been in since 2005. It has seen more dyno time that 20 cars on here combined.
The motor has been auto crossed, road raced and has made a lot of 1/4 mile passes.
If you want a custom motor pay to have one built. Expect $5000+ easy.
Just my $.02 which is probably worth $.01

I don't think I'll will lose any sleep over it but I am curious as to what is in there. Thankfully I'm not a cat so my curiosity won't kill me :rolling:

I'm actually pretty pumped now that I've found out my car has a reman motor vs the original early production one it left the factory with. It only took me five years to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread