03/04 insurance rate...WTF!?!

03CobraDom

Established Member
2036 a year for my Cobra and my Explorer combined, only full coverage on Cobra... I'm only 22, i hit a deer in my T/A two months before i got the cobra...that was $7900 in damage...i think they raised my rates a little cuz of that.

Jroc

Established Member
When I first got my car I had USAA and they were going to charge my $1,512 every 6 month. I shopped around and AllState quoted me at a little over a grand every 6 months. Now I am 25 and just payed my lastiest insurrance bill which was $809. By paying every 6 months I come out cheaper than paying every month.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
$511/year with $500 deductible through Travelers. Full coverage 100/300/100 coverage. Insured for less than 5000 miles use per year. 43, married, clean driving record. 1 of 3 car package deal. The 05 PSD is just about 3 times that as my daily driver.

Kysnake03

Established Member
You know when you turn 25 , the rates come down on you. Well I guess it happens again in another 25 yrs at 50 also. Mine dropped $97 every 6 months, they do not offer the part time driving, so I may have to ck some of these out myself . 426.00/6 months. Only 25 yrs till my next discount woo hoo!

MustangThief

Established Member
24 Married no tickets since I was 18.

Have homeowners insurance and 3 cars + motorcycle through state farm.

3 cars full coverage + motorcycle full coverage = 190 a month.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I didn't see any posts on this so I thought i'd as you guys. What are you guys paying for full coverage on your Cobras. I called this morning because I have been looking at buying an 04, but after I got my quote I don't see how I can afford it. Now I am 36 years old, no tickets, no accidents in years, clean record, and I live out where Christ lost his shoes. For me, I would have to pay $2640 every six months to own a Cobra...$5280 a YEAR for car insurance. :kaboom:

Not in this lifetime. I called Heacock and they are working a quote for me right now

31 yrs. old, 15 tickets:uh oh:, 3 accidents none my fault (none related to tickets), in S. Florida (ie high rate of accidents, thefts) I pay $1825 yr. for the Cobra and '05 F150 full coverage on both. The Cobra is not a daily driver and is listed as "pleasure vehicle" by Geico (ie less than 5k miles a year).

wgarrett

Established Member
No accidents and no ticket....equifax score 737

I am actually an Insurance agent and you mentioned you had some credit trouble in 2005, but now you have a 737 beacon score. The beason score is not what insurance companies go by, they look more into your fiscal responsibility for your past 7 years. So if you had late pays or a repo in your past it looks very bad to the insurance comapany because you look on paper to be an irresponsible person and they can adjust your rate over 100% because of this. My guess is try to find a company that does not use credit, but there are very few of those left.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just called my insurance company today to see what insurance would be on the 03 I just bought. 32 years old, clean record. $641/yr with Erie with the car garaged from 12/1 to 4/1. $250 deductable(sp?).

Do they pull coverage from that 12/1 - 4/1 period?

SVTBMG

Banned
I didn't see any posts on this so I thought i'd as you guys. What are you guys paying for full coverage on your Cobras. I called this morning because I have been looking at buying an 04, but after I got my quote I don't see how I can afford it. Now I am 36 years old, no tickets, no accidents in years, clean record, and I live out where Christ lost his shoes. For me, I would have to pay $2640 every six months to own a Cobra...$5280 a YEAR for car insurance. :kaboom:

Not in this lifetime. I called Heacock and they are working a quote for me right now

Try Esurance. I think they sell in PA. I used to work in insurance and they have some of the best rates out there. Also worked for 21st century ins and they seemed to have good rates in PA in most areas . You can get quotes online without dealing with a dumb broker who wants to jack you out of pointless broker fees that go right in his pocket.

I just did one for fun using a Pittsburg zip code and no social security number since they may be lower if you have good credit and I got this. Follow the link and just keep clicking continue until you get to the coverage screen.
Pay Monthly
https://cfweb.esurance.com/CustomerFlow/CustomerFlowStandard/Customize.aspx
$190.40 a month
• $358.40 down
• 4 payments of $190.40
• $1,120.00 for 6 months
Pay All At Once

$1,009.00 for 6 months
• Save up to 10% when you
pay all at once

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
Well I got to the bottom of all of this earlier this morning. I spoke with State farm and the agent lady there was very nice and explained some things to me as far as coverages and what I needed and didn't need. I was involved in an accident march 2nd of '05 when I as rear ended by a semi. I was told by Progressive not to worry it would not effect my rates since I was paid out by another insurance company. Progressive had it listed as an "at fault" accident, State Farm called and got a police report verifying The other driver was cited and I was not at fault. I had actually forgotten about the incident, she fixed it and hit me with a quote of $865 every 6 months for an 04 Cobra and my 97 Bravada. Much better

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
quote of $865 every 6 months for an 04 Cobra and my 97 Bravada. Much better
Now that's more like it :beer:

I've had State Farm for many years on my DDs and once you get full loyalty discounts for staying with them, their rates are hard to beat. For me it was ultimately cheaper to use Heacock on the Cobra but that may be because the major carriers jack up rates big time if you live in LA.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
im 23 years old, 2 speeding tickets on record, and an accident that was my fault (when it really wasnt, but i had no witnesses and he had his buddies vouch for him), through Progressive, 230$/mo for full coverage (25/50/25) and a 1000$ deductible.

however i just now got in my statement and noticed that included in my current payments is 70$ for full coverage insurance provided by my credit union (my payment is still 530$/Mo, but since 70$ of it goes to them for insurance coverage i guess because they dont think i have it insured already, thats 70$ less that doesnt go towards paying off principal, i never noticed because it still says 530$ when i chech my account!), so im curious as to how their coverage stacks up versus Progressives, if its equal or better im ****ing dropping progressive and just going through my credit union.

Users who are viewing this thread