03/04 insurance rate...WTF!?!

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
Dam Thats insane. I pay $99 A month 24 yrs old with 1 ticket thru Farmers. Keep Looking is all I can say.GL

Juruense

Banned
My advice is to start shopping for a nice Yaris until you get your credit rating and driving record fixed.

04RiceEater

Established Member
I am 22 and my cobra is a DD. I pay 240 a month for full coverege. I worked it out with state farm that if I got renters ins ( cause I live in a apt) it actually makes my whole rate, renters and car cheaper! Its still alot but to be 22 and own a 04 cobra its not bad. ( By the way I have a couple of tickets and no acidents).

ViciousJay

Established Member
i pay 1300 a year full coverage and im no angel from my past driving records... also it depends where you live at and now of days your credit too

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
I pay 1400 every 6 months for full coverage on my 03 Cobra and 06 F150 Lariat Crewcab. That's with a 500 deductible, 100/300/100 coverage.

I'm married, great credit, 31 and clean driving record.

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Heacock collector car insurance quoted me $660 a year with a 7500 mile policy, car use from April till October. I just don't like being told when I can and can't drive the car.
Just go with that. No regular insurance co can touch their rates. 7500 miles is more than enough unless the car is a DD. I drive my car quite a bit and I'm staying within a 5000 mile plan.

It seems like when it comes to loan and insurance rates, these companies nowadays will look for any justification possible to screw you over. And they get away with it because most of their competitors do the same.

deec73

Established Member
I have mine with Nationwide, full coverage, only 450 every six months.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I just called my insurance company today to see what insurance would be on the 03 I just bought. 32 years old, clean record. $641/yr with Erie with the car garaged from 12/1 to 4/1. $250 deductable(sp?).

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
I didn't see any posts on this so I thought i'd as you guys. What are you guys paying for full coverage on your Cobras. I called this morning because I have been looking at buying an 04, but after I got my quote I don't see how I can afford it. Now I am 36 years old, no tickets, no accidents in years, clean record, and I live out where Christ lost his shoes. For me, I would have to pay $2640 every six months to own a Cobra...$5280 a YEAR for car insurance. :kaboom:

Not in this lifetime. I called Heacock and they are working a quote for me right now

That has to be a joke im 17 years old and i got a quote from esurance for that exact ammount when I was bored one day LOL. But I pay *cough cough* my dad pays 1200 a year for my *cough* his cobra ;-).

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
I lived in PA a number of years ago and at that time they had the worst insurance regs. No fault insurance was around 50% higher than in Virginia. I don't know if that has changed or not, but it was higher than when I was in Califorinia, Virginia or Hawaii.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
I just got off the phone with an agent at Esurance....to cover my 97 Olds Bravada Liability, and a 2004 cobra stacked coverage with $500 deductable is $970 every 6 months. Screw Progressive

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
i pay $145 a month. full coverage for the cobra and liability for my dd ranger. thats with 3 speeding ticket and i rear ended someone few years ago with my old truck. i have safeco insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread